Lord of the Rings MUD

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I cant stand playing text-based games. I gave them an honest try a few years ago but, as jkf so hilariously pointed out, all that typing gets pretty redundant.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant stand playing text-based games. I gave them an honest try a few years ago but, as jkf so hilariously pointed out, all that typing gets pretty redundant.

:(

It's the interaction with other players that keeps it fresh...plus, you can shorten things, etc.

Anyways, I love it :)

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gonna help a newbie out with a map or something? Or a ring that makes one invisible? :)

You can download the maps I made, everyone uses them :)

http://www.thevalacirca.com/maps

It's in Excel, pretty freaking extensive.

You could just hop in using the Java client on the website, but you'll really want to get a client down the road. The website has links to clients (t2tmud.org that is).

There is a good new newbie tutorial, and depending on what race you pick, you'll end up in a certain West Arda city...like Bree, or Rivendell, or Belegost.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can download the maps I made, everyone uses them :)

http://www.thevalacirca.com/maps

It's in Excel, pretty freaking extensive.

You could just hop in using the Java client on the website, but you'll really want to get a client down the road. The website has links to clients (t2tmud.org that is).

There is a good new newbie tutorial, and depending on what race you pick, you'll end up in a certain West Arda city...like Bree, or Rivendell, or Belegost.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried it for about 5 minutes last night before I got completely bored. My name was Kimboslice.

You played an Uruk-hai...egh, the ER's don't have as much going for them as the free races do, might try being a dunedain, or elf warrior, etc.

*shrugs*

Of course, if you don't like to read and explore things in that way, nothing will be fun more than likely :)

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I played exactly :lol:

Spent most the time making the character, reading the intro, then I walked to town and quit.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I played exactly :lol:

Spent most the time making the character, reading the intro, then I walked to town and quit.

Yeah, your character age is only 34 seconds :) Meaning that's how long it too you to leave the newbie intro and then quit :)

Well, free races are a bit more fun, because you recognize more from the books and movies.