Looking at this draft logically

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Id let Drake walk if I knew we could get Johnathan Taylor in the 2nd round. That kid is legit

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Id let Drake walk if I knew we could get Johnathan Taylor in the 2nd round. That kid is legit

I am not a believer in Wisconsin RBs, they seem to underwhelm once they are in the pro's despite having huge numbers in college. Taylor very well could end up the exception but history is not on his side.

Here is the top 5 leading rushers all time at Wisconsin.

1 Ron Dayne 7,125
2 Jonathan Taylor 6,174
3 Montee Ball 5,140
4 Melvin Gordon 4,915
5 Anthony Davis 4,676

Dayne was a first rounder
Ball was a second rounder
Gordon a first rounder

I don't know if it is overuse in college or if the Wisconsin OL is that good in college that it inflates the rushing numbers but there must be some explanation.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a believer in Wisconsin RBs, they seem to underwhelm once they are in the pro's despite having huge numbers in college. Taylor very well could end up the exception but history is not on his side.

1 Ron Dayne 7,125
2 Jonathan Taylor 6,174
3 Montee Ball 5,140
4 Melvin Gordon 4,915
5 Anthony Davis 4,676

Gordon a first rounder

I don't know if it is overuse in college or if the Wisconsin OL is that good in college that it inflates the rushing numbers but there must be some explanation.
Too many miles for me.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

1 Ron Dayne 7,125
2 Jonathan Taylor 6,174
3 Montee Ball 5,140
4 Melvin Gordon 4,915
5 Anthony Davis 4,676

Gordon a first rounder

The only one of those guys comparable to Thomas is Gordon and he’s still far less explosive than Thomas.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love to draft Jalen Hurts during day 3. He could be Murray's longterm back up.

That’s a pretty good idea. If you can set your team at the most important position in the sport for the next 10 years you do it

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched some clips of Claypool and the dude even against good competitors was able to get separation, it's more of an outside guy but with that combination of phisycality and speed can be an option for us

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

1 Ron Dayne 7,125
2 Jonathan Taylor 6,174
3 Montee Ball 5,140
4 Melvin Gordon 4,915
5 Anthony Davis 4,676

Gordon a first rounder

I look at Taylor as a guy you could ride for 350+ carries through his first contract. He is going to be hard pressed to stay productive after 26-27 years old due to mileage....but if I was going to hand 1 rookie RB the reigns as a starter in 2020, it would be him. He has elite production, very good vision, home run speed, and can catch the ball.

I think he is a player that would provide maximum value on a rookie contract because he, IMO is going to be a top 10 running back for the next 4 years, as long as he goes to a team that feeds him the ball. The last mock I read today has Tennessee taking him in the bottom of the 1st and letting Henry walk.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
"That’s a pretty good idea. If you can set your team at the most important position in the sport for the next 10 years you do it"............
I 've never heard of any QB being a backup for the same team for ten years.......backup QBs are interchangeable fairly easily from year to year, if they get better, they want to start somewhere......Jalen Hurts at #3, Nah....we need more than a backup at that draft spot.....

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kingsbury version of the spread is run out of 10 personnel. The Cardinals were more successful in 12 personnel last season. A wide receiver at #8 doesn't really makes sense if the Cardinals are forced into 12 personnel again.

To get those tight ends off the field and the wide outs on the field the Cardinals need to take a tackle at #8.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Kingsbury version of the spread is run out of 10 personnel. The Cardinals were more successful in 12 personnel last season. A wide receiver at #8 doesn't really makes sense if the Cardinals are forced into 12 personnel again.

To get those tight ends off the field and the wide outs on the field the Cardinals need to take a tackle at #8.
A WR at #8 would be about quality not quantity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson