Longtime lurker observations...

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by DaHilg, May 12, 2021.

1. DaHilg

DaHilg Free Agent

Hi All - longtime lurker on these message boards, finally decided to join on the fun here!

As an observer, I’ve noticed this board has your typical trolls, typical die hard but always negative fans and then the optimistic folks! Count me in the optimistic group. Here are just a few of my team observations...

1 - this team was historically bad just before the 2019 draft. Reason why the Cards were selecting #1. The roster has been baron the past 2 years. Drafting aside from Kyler as been atrocious.

2 - This isn’t some Mahomes or Lamar situation where Kyler was walking into a ready made team. Heck, not even a Drew Lock situation w a ready made defense and significant offensive pieces in play. In 2019, you had Kyler and maybe 3-5 quality starters in total out of the 22.

3 - Kingsbury might be the worse coach in the NFL. Not only awful in situational coaching but also playcalling. Still trying to figure out what he’s doing have Hopkins on one side of the field running the same or similar 8 yards or less route 99% of the snaps. If you watched Kyler in college accuracy and deep ball accuracy were some of his + traits.

4 - Forget PFF, as a Colts fan first seeing Luck get obliterated.. this offensive line was worse. Kylers legs saved it from being in my opinion the worse in the NFL.

5 - weapons outside of Hopkins? Forget. Kirk is a 4th at best, Isabella won’t be on a roster in a few years. Fitz, we all love him but he was 37? No speed or separation. Excited to see AJ and Rondale. I actually liked Arnold, he was a work in progress, too many drops but smooth. Would be awesome to get Hayden Hurst. Conner is an upgrade over Drake for sure. Take away the Dallas garbage yards he accumulated and he was more than awful last year.

6 - can you name a team in the NFL that upgraded more starting positions this year? I am counting Chandler Jones as well as Simmons.

Russ Smith, unseenaz and ASUCHRIS like this.
  2. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Welcome! I'll have a Makers with pickle back and a side of chili cheese fries.

1. I agree and I think some of the less realistic fans on here don't really account for the growth. The last few years of the Arians era was spent chasing a playoff berth by adding Arians type players, while the core of the team was aging.

2. Agreed. I think this team wasn't very good talent wise during Kyler's first year but has gotten significantly MORE talented since then.

3. I don't agree; I think he's a middle of the pack coach, but his strength is being undermined by a QB who is struggling at some basic things.

4. Naw, I saw quite a few offensive lines that were worse than the Cardinals last year. The Seahawks line is BAAAAAD.

5. I think Kirk is a slot guy and I agree that I think Green and Moore will be an upgrade. Arnold was inconsistent.

6. I think the Cardinals won't generate excitement because of how they fell apart last year, but I think they improved as much as any team. Too many Cardinals fans are sleeping on the signing of JJ Watt, who is still a really good DL.

3. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

Welcome!

4. QuebecCard

QuebecCard Registered

Good stuff!

Baron is a title.

Try: barren.

5. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

Welcome to the board officially!

6. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

Welcome to the board! I thought you said you were in the optimistic group? Your post was mostly darksider lol. I'll have a cold bottle of Budlight & some of Krang's chili cheese fries.

daves likes this.
  7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Lol, I had the same impression!

cardncubfan likes this.
  8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Welcome! I’ll have a goopy cheesy chicken enchilada and a margarita rocks.

kerouac9 likes this.
  9. DaHilg

DaHilg Free Agent

Lol.. appreciate the welcome vibes team! My post is optimistic for the future, this year. My grim is on the past 2 years of more so the harsh opinions given on the Cards and Kyelr in praticular of a number of folks on this board! You put Patty Mahomes on this squad without an Andy Reid the first two years and I don’t think you get much better results. Kyler isn’t Patty, but better far better weapons, Oline and a generational coach.

Barren (thank you my Canadian grammar professor - there’s always someone who loves to correct grammar on a message board!.. this isn’t a work email!)

10. QuebecCard

QuebecCard Registered

You're welcome.

And it was a spelling mistake, not a grammarly incorrect sentence and a funny one at that.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    BritCard, cardncubfan and DaHilg like this.
  11. DaHilg

DaHilg Free Agent

Oh buddy, I can tell you love getting in spelling/grammar/punctuation debates. You sound really fun to hang out with.

WisconsinCard likes this.
  12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Grammatically

schutd, BritCard, daves and 1 other person like this.
  13. QuebecCard

QuebecCard Registered

You'll find out.

CardNots likes this.
  14. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

Welcome to the board

15. CardNots

CardNots Registered User

shouldn’t a self proclaimed lurker know this already

cardncubfan and QuebecCard like this.