Liverpool FC

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a match. Not boring.

Also, what kind of fan leaves Anfield early in this one.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hopefully Slot has a plan to retain Mo/Trent/VVD.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Slot has a plan to retain Mo/Trent/VVD.
Both VVD and Mo have more than semi-committed to this new organization.

Having Slot as a Dutch manager really is going to help retain VVD I would think.

One of my biggest concerns is how they are going to use Trent. Will be converted to a full midfielder. I'm okay with Bradley there at RB. I would guess that would leave Szobo as the odd man out. He really didn't come back the same player after injury.

I'm also sad that we didn't re-sign Endo to a deal. He was my most consistent player all year, just ahead of Quansah. Both were miles ahead of the next best player Joe Gomez. That's not to say Joe didn't have a fantastic year, he did.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Both VVD and Mo have more than semi-committed to this new organization.

Having Slot as a Dutch manager really is going to help retain VVD I would think.

One of my biggest concerns is how they are going to use Trent. Will be converted to a full midfielder. I'm okay with Bradley there at RB. I would guess that would leave Szobo as the odd man out. He really didn't come back the same player after injury.

I'm also sad that we didn't re-sign Endo to a deal. He was my most consistent player all year, just ahead of Quansah. Both were miles ahead of the next best player Joe Gomez. That's not to say Joe didn't have a fantastic year, he did.
Yeah, Joe ended up on the attack far too often...any time it was cycled to him, he lacks the creativity to make the incisive pass, and he sure as hell can't score. Szobo looked like a brilliant signing to start but really fell apart as the year went on. Endo was very useful, but I'd prefer him in a less important bench type role. Not sure he wants that, but they definitely need to consider defensive mid again this offseason.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I love VVD, but he looked ready for MLS in the last quarter of the season.
Yeah, I didn't see that at all...his quality of play may have dipped a bit but he's still one of the best CB's in the Prem. I don't think he's anywhere near an MLS type retirement move.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't see that at all...his quality of play may have dipped a bit but he's still one of the best CB's in the Prem. I don't think he's anywhere near an MLS type retirement move.
100%. He is still a top 5 CB in the world. I'd probably have him right now over anyone not named Kim Min-Jae (Bayern CB)

Even if, for some terrible reason VVD left, I feel really confident in Konate and Quansah as a starting partnership. Joe Gomez is turning out to be the utility player we had in Milner all those years, and he could fill in. Even Nat Phillips had his flashes, he just hasn't had regular game time. We'd still need another CB for depth though. CB is definitely our deepest position, and that's even with Matip leaving.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
100%. He is still a top 5 CB in the world. I'd probably have him right now over anyone not named Kim Min-Jae (Bayern CB)

Even if, for some terrible reason VVD left, I feel really confident in Konate and Quansah as a starting partnership. Joe Gomez is turning out to be the utility player we had in Milner all those years, and he could fill in. Even Nat Phillips had his flashes, he just hasn't had regular game time. We'd still need another CB for depth though. CB is definitely our deepest position, and that's even with Matip leaving.
I like Konate a lot, but his injury issues have been a problem. Quansah looks like a long term starter with more experience. Definitely need more depth in the room for sure.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Member when board members were talking about how much Liverpool is favored? Incredible.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Member when board members were talking about how much Liverpool is favored? Incredible.
What does this VAR mistake metric mean? That they were given goals that should have been taken away? VAR made two glaring mistakes in that Spurs game alone. Disallowed goal and red card that was rescinded, so it can't be that.

That goals/pens were taken away when they should have been given?

Either side of it, I'm with Stout and saying that there is no way those numbers are correct.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What does this VAR mistake metric mean? That they were given goals that should have been taken away? VAR made two glaring mistakes in that Spurs game alone. Disallowed goal and red card that was rescinded, so it can't be that.

That goals/pens were taken away when they should have been given?

Either side of it, I'm with Stout and saying that there is no way those numbers are correct.
That Liverpool got screwed over more times than any other team in the Prem...4x

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Liverpool got screwed over more times than any other team in the Prem...4x
I don't believe that either. I can say with confidence that Liverpool were the most egregious errors, but I also don't believe that teams that played against Liverpool didn't have any VAR decisions that weren't the right call.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't believe that either. I can say with confidence that Liverpool were the most egregious errors, but I also don't believe that teams that played against Liverpool didn't have any VAR decisions that weren't the right call.
I think, without doubt, Liverfool had the most egregious call go against them, for sure, but the numbers aren't adding up for any team I'm looking at. I think Wolves probably had the most go against them. Forrest probably had the most non-calls.