Lions win Home Opener vs. the hapless Cards.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Insane

Originally posted by Arvos
Get some help my friend. Emmit Smith, Jeff Blake? Up and comers?

You get some help.

No one said Emmitt or Blake were up and comers.

You asked if the TEAM was an up and coming team.

Very young team with veterans in key spots. Much better chances for winning right now than the Lions have.

And, as Ryan said, we OWN the Lions. That is an undisputable fact.

:wave:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Insane.

The Lions have had the best offseason of any team in the NFL this season, as rated by many "in the know" beat writers and NFL analysts. Who have we lost? Clairborn? Ok, he was decent but he was a "me first" kinda guy. His replacements? Well in comes Earl Holmes(Cleveland's leading tackler) and Wali Rainier(Jax's leading tackler). Az Hakim is back from injury, Schroeder, well he is still around. Charles Rogers is a hall of famer in the wings, just wait till he see this kid play. Hello Dre Bly, granted we overspent on him but he was the #1 rated CB on the market and when he came to visit they made sure he stayed $$$$. Hes young, fast, talented and just now coming in to his own. Lets not even talk about the draft. Rogers, Boss Bailey, Redding, "Dirty Davis", and remember this name, David Kircus. Now for the biggest offseason addition. Mooch. Admit you would love him to be coaching your team. I admit we've been the dormat for the last two years, but atleast we are heading up. Can you honestly say the Card's are an up and coming team?

:biglaugh:

I'm not even going to say anything. He is bragging about getting Wali Rainier and decrepit Earl Holmes, and even the vastly overrated Dre Bly.

Whadda' Dope. :bigyawn:

OP
OP
A

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
You guys are harsh.

I feel for any fans who have endured losing season after losing season and still remain loyal to their team. I'm simply stating the obvious. I truely do hope the Cards turn their team around, I really do. You have to admit the Lions are going to be much better than the 5 win team over the last two years I've been rooting for. I went to the Dolphins web site last year talking smack, and got my words shoved up my a$$ when they got blown out. Win Lose or draw I will be back after the game, as I have been posting on this site for many months now.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: You guys are harsh.

I feel for any fans who have endured losing season after losing season and still remain loyal to their team. I'm simply stating the obvious. I truely do hope the Cards turn their team around, I really do. You have to admit the Lions are going to be much better than the 5 win team over the last two years I've been rooting for. I went to the Dolphins web site last year talking smack, and got my words shoved up my a$$ when they got blown out. Win Lose or draw I will be back after the game, as I have been posting on this site for many months now.

You are a cool fan. Most other trolls here are a-holes.

Talking smack is fun, but you don't make it personal.

:thumbup:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: You guys are harsh.

My problem with you, is that your team has actually been quite a bit worse than us lately, yet you feel the need to talk smack to us.

But hey, it will be determined on the field. And looking at the past performances, Detroit is nothing to us. :thumbup:

(P.S. You are a good poster like jkf296 said...come back and we can talk more smack!)

OP
OP
A

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Optimism.

You can clearly see my reasons for optimism. The Cards game with the Lions have been some of the most entertaining games I have seen the Lions played the last few years. Even though both teams have been poor the games have been great. I am going to this years games and Ford Field is heck of a place for a team to come into and play us at. The game is sold out with all the new found optimism for the new regime and the band wagon fans. Heck they had 30 thousand fans show up for their practice session a few weeks ago. A 8-8 season for the Lions will be vast improvment and should make Mooch coach of the year. I'm still a bit worried about Harrington, the team will only go as fall as he will take him. I don't think the Cards have to rely on the Q.B. play as much as we do. After next season I think the Cards should make a serious run at our back up Q.B. Mike Mcmahon. He is going to be a stud. He is as good a running Q.B. as there is in this league, next to Michael Vick. His accuracy is a bit suspect, but that will come in time, ala Rich Gannon. I am a fan of Marquis Walker, and hope he really plays like he did at U of M. Larry Foster may turn out to be quite a player as well. He can make some unbelieveable catches, and plays at a much higher level during games than he does in practice. Don't be fooled by him, as many teams often overlook him during games.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Optimism.

You can clearly see my reasons for optimism. The Cards game with the Lions have been some of the most entertaining games I have seen the Lions played the last few years. Even though both teams have been poor the games have been great. I am going to this years games and Ford Field is heck of a place for a team to come into and play us at. The game is sold out with all the new found optimism for the new regime and the band wagon fans. Heck they had 30 thousand fans show up for their practice session a few weeks ago. A 8-8 season for the Lions will be vast improvment and should make Mooch coach of the year. I'm still a bit worried about Harrington, the team will only go as fall as he will take him. I don't think the Cards have to rely on the Q.B. play as much as we do. After next season I think the Cards should make a serious run at our back up Q.B. Mike Mcmahon. He is going to be a stud. He is as good a running Q.B. as there is in this league, next to Michael Vick. His accuracy is a bit suspect, but that will come in time, ala Rich Gannon. I am a fan of Marquis Walker, and hope he really plays like he did at U of M. Larry Foster may turn out to be quite a player as well. He can make some unbelieveable catches, and plays at a much higher level during games than he does in practice. Don't be fooled by him, as many teams often overlook him during games.

Dude we don't need McMahon. We have a faster Qb, possibly the fastest white boy QB in the league Josh McCown. He runs around a 4.5, and he also has a pretty good arm.

Walker is not going to make the team, I will be shocked if he does. He has done nothing to make this team. We are happy with Foster so far...but the season will have to start before we really make a judgement.

The Cards actually rely more on our running game than our QB. With Emmitt, Marcel, and even Damien Anderson or Josh Scobey, and our 330 lb line, this team is built to grind. The Lions are not, and I can't wait to see Smith and Shipp run over the Cubs.:whip:

OP
OP
A

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Be Careful.

Be very wary of wearing an "enemy" jersey to Detroit, especially Ford Field. I'm not proud of it, but Lions fans in inner City Detroit are not very pleasant and frankly down right mean especially when we are getting beat, not that we will be beaten by the Cards. All I can say is be careful and if someone gives you a hard time, look for security. I'm a Cop and some of the fans make me a little henky especially when the alcohol is really flowing.

Dude, I will certainly watch out for you....... beer is on you!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Be Careful.

I'm not proud of it, but Lions fans in inner City Detroit are not very pleasant and frankly down right mean especially when we are getting beat, not that we will be beaten by the Cards.

Are you delusional?

I mean, come on, we've owned the Lions for the past decade.

The one thing that we always know for sure, is that the Lions are a win everytime. Even when we suck bad, and you guys are decent, we know that the Lions have no heart, and will roll over and take one in the rear.:D

Take that to bank. :thumbup:

FischInMich

Rookie
Reaction score
Harrington looking over his shoulder when Pace comes in? LMFAO. You should do stand up. Brian Urlacher doesn't even intimidate young Joey, and he is 10 times the player Pace currently is.

Emmitt gaining over 100 yds? LMFAO. Another doozie. I hope it's as impressive as his 39 yards on 16 carries last season. He has never run well on us. Not even in his own house in front of a national audience (94 or 95, cant remember). . .another classic, no less.

What's next. . .how Freddie Jones is going to outrun Boss Bailey all day?

Stop with the O-line dribble. Quick guys outmanuver fat guys all day. We know all about the 300 lb. offensive lines. Been there, done that.

P.S.....anyone coming to Detroit for the game, I'll have a tailgate going. . .drop me a line if you care to join us.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischInMich

Well, as long as there's a treadmill on the field, Boss 'Workout-Warrior-Can't-Tackle' Bailey will kill Freddie.

But, since that won't happen, Boss will be toast.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischInMich
Harrington looking over his shoulder when Pace comes in? LMFAO. You should do stand up. Brian Urlacher doesn't even intimidate young Joey, and he is 10 times the player Pace currently is.

Emmitt gaining over 100 yds? LMFAO. Another doozie. I hope it's as impressive as his 39 yards on 16 carries last season. He has never run well on us. Not even in his own house in front of a national audience (94 or 95, cant remember). . .another classic, no less.

Stop with the O-line dribble. Quick guys outmanuver fat guys all day. We know all about the 300 lb. offensive lines. Been there, done that.

P.S.....anyone coming to Detroit for the game, I'll have a tailgate going. . .drop me a line if you care to join us.

:bigyawn:

Until the Lions can beat us (the Lions haven't beaten us in a decade) your smack is weak and baseless.

We've owned you guys, which just shows how pathetic the Lions have been.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

fisch - don't EVEN bring the phrase "ridiculous penalty" (or the lack of a call) around Cardinals fans - the league office has issued more apologies for blown calls to the Cardinals than to any other team.....

whatchamacallit

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Insane.

Originally posted by Renz
The Cards are an up-and-coming team.
If the Cards are an up and coming team why did they feel the need to sign 1 has been RB and 1 never was QB? Jeff Blake has nearly 50% of his TD passes in 2 seasons ... when he was with the Bengals in the mid 90s. Emmit Smith was signed to sell tickets. Unfortunately he will be given the ball far too much. The WRs are all unknowns and none are established. I don't think the Cardinals will get more than 5 wins this season.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Insane.

Originally posted by whatchamacallit
If the Cards are an up and coming team why did they feel the need to sign 1 has been RB and 1 never was QB? Jeff Blake has nearly 50% of his TD passes in 2 seasons ... when he was with the Bengals in the mid 90s. Emmit Smith was signed to sell tickets. Unfortunately he will be given the ball far too much. The WRs are all unknowns and none are established. I don't think the Cardinals will get more than 5 wins this season.

I was going to respond, but since whatchamacallit...superpickle...NEM was banned I won't bother.
:trout: :band:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison