Lions Game Preview

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do enjoy these write ups and really enjoy the new reward feature. :)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/what-2-watch-4-cards-at-lions/

The Lions are missing a ton of their best players, and Matthew Stafford is firmly in the "Should we just trade him to the Raiders?" phase of his Carson Palmer Career Arc.

If the Cards can't DOMINATE this game, there's something wrong.

This actually smells like a beat-down, if the Cards relax and don't bring their A game. This team has a history of playing down to an opponent

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think its a perfect storm. The Lions of old have settled into their ways. The Cards played their worst last week which will only help them focus more this week. The reason this game is over before it started is the Lions have no shot at stopping the Cards offense. Carson got his bad game out of the way, he will come out blazing on Sunday. The fact the Cards lost last week will give them an urgency and focus boost.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will not be a beat down, and there will be nothing wrong with that. The Lions are not total crap, as they showed when they got jobbed by a bad noncall. If not, they probably win in Seattle and everyone here would be chewing their fingernails.

Hell, Cards fans, more than any other fan base, should know that even the crappiest NFL teams win roughly half their home games.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This will not be a beat down, and there will be nothing wrong with that. The Lions are not total crap, as they showed when they got jobbed by a bad noncall. If not, they probably win in Seattle and everyone here would be chewing their fingernails.

Hell, Cards fans, more than any other fan base, should know that even the crappiest NFL teams win roughly half their home games.

I agree. If I were the Lions I would be really upset with how the game turned out Monday night.

Here is a run down of their games so far. They were winning 21-10 on the road against San Diego Week 1 but lost by 5. Stayed even with Minnisota on the road but lost by only 10. Lost by 12 at home to Denver but then Denver has a good defense. Lost by 3 to Seattle on the road. They have been in every game so the Cards better be ready for a fight.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
He’s [Ansah] almost certainly the best player on the Lions roster and may even be the best player on the entire team.

I think you can say that for most teams in the League, the best player on the roster is the best player on the team.

:) Just razzing you. Good write up. Thank you.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think you can say that for most teams in the League, the best player on the roster is the best player on the team.

:) Just razzing you. Good write up. Thank you.
Noticed that too, but didn't feel like bringing it up.

CardinalMan

Reaction score
We should definately win this game.

I think we should win this game by a margin higher than the odds. I know the Lion fans are pretty down right now but that has no meaning vis-a-vis the team players.

I don't see BA letting up or letting this game get away from him. The Lions have played respectably this year despite their record. But the differences are they are coming off of a short week and they got beat up physically at Seattle.

The Seahawks are not looking very good this year they may get their act together they have the coaching to do that but the next game at Cinncinnati will be indicative of where they are at this point.

CardinalMan

Reaction score
Quote from Lions Forum

This quote kind of sums up the feelings of many fans in Detriot.

Lions pass rush looked great against a pretty bad o-line. I'll be happy if they get anywhere near that amount of pressure on Palmer.

Big difference is that Arizona actually has a ton of offensive weapons and Arians knows how to use them. Lions don't have the defensive backfield has a tough task.

On the flip side, Lions O-line is terrible and AZ has a good secondary, similar to Seattle. Strap in for another offensive offensive showing from the Lions.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This quote kind of sums up the feelings of many fans in Detriot.

Lions pass rush looked great against a pretty bad o-line. I'll be happy if they get anywhere near that amount of pressure on Palmer.

Big difference is that Arizona actually has a ton of offensive weapons and Arians knows how to use them. Lions don't have the defensive backfield has a tough task.

On the flip side, Lions O-line is terrible and AZ has a good secondary, similar to Seattle. Strap in for another offensive offensive showing from the Lions.

Love it!

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Ahem------I did take notice of the reward. Nice !!

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/what-2-watch-4-cards-at-lions/

The Lions are missing a ton of their best players, and Matthew Stafford is firmly in the "Should we just trade him to the Raiders?" phase of his Carson Palmer Carreer Arc.

If the Cards can't DOMINATE this game, there's something wrong.

I agree , the score of this game should look a lot like the Bears game score . They have the missing parts , plus they have shown themselves to be a team that finds a way to lose , 2001 through 2014 they have had 2 winning seasons and 12 losing seasons , overall record 71 and 153 over those 14 seasons . If we lose this game , we can't call ourselves a legit playoff team.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simply put, rattle Stafford and he throws all over the place. Megatron is going to get him so the best you can hope for is to contain him which we've been pretty successful at doing every time we've faced him. Keep doing that and we'll win this game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because we lost to the Rams at home, this is now a must win game for us. Cardinals have to be upset with how they played last week. Let's just hope the Lions don't play over their heads at home.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is not a trap game. Last week was. This should be a mismatch if the a Cards are really a Super Bowl contender!

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is not a trap game. Last week was. This should be a mismatch if the a Cards are really a Super Bowl contender!

I agree , and I'm confident that the coaching staff and players have trash caned all those press clippings that they were wading waist deep in last week . The words of my sig . ( no team ever wins a game ---- one team will lose the game ) speaks to how poorly our coaches coached , and how poorly our players played , than it speaks to how good the Rams are . We will find out about the Rams in Green Bay today , and the Hawks look to have a heavy task in front of them in Cincy . I see today as an opportunity to expand our lead over the division .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98