Lindley is back

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lindley knows the system. That's evidently important to this coaching staff, who hasn't merited much criticism this season.

I'm sorry, but we're not going to find any gems out there on practice squads and on couches. This is not a move worth criticizing. If a potential OBoF was a FA, he would've already been picked up.

Knowing the system & completing passes are 2 differant things. :D

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Why would they cut him in favor of Thomas out of camp and then bring him back ahead of Thomas on the depth chart?

That would make no sense. I realize a lot of people will be gripping but the reality is that Thomas is now most likely the number 2 QB.

:thumbup: exactly

If they are basing this off knowing the system, hasn't Dixon been in it longer? Having Incompletelindley on the roster is pure ignorance IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would they cut him in favor of Thomas out of camp and then bring him back ahead of Thomas on the depth chart?

That would make no sense. I realize a lot of people will be gripping but the reality is that Thomas is now most likely the number 2 QB.

I don't know what we're going to do but I disagree that the idea makes no sense. as a #3 QB Thomas is a clear choice over Lindley, younger, more upside etc.

as a #2 QB it might not be true, I have no idea what they felt at the time, but they might think Lindley is more ready to play now even though long term it makes sense to keep Thomas

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• barrel.jpg
    barrel.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 233

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
when you are down to your 3rd/4th QB --- there isnt much to choose from

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I don't know what we're going to do but I disagree that the idea makes no sense. as a #3 QB Thomas is a clear choice over Lindley, younger, more upside etc.

as a #2 QB it might not be true, I have no idea what they felt at the time, but they might think Lindley is more ready to play now even though long term it makes sense to keep Thomas

From what I think we know about this coaching staff (in regards to play the best players no matter where they were drafted) does it make sense to you that Arians would cut the better QB? Arians has also said he is coaching for right now.
I understand the whole better long term potential, they just drafted him, etc but it seems unlikely that Lindley was better than Thomas and was cut anyway.

Just trying to read the tea leaves. :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather have signed a washed up old dude. Seriously, this guy does nothing for us but fills a roster spot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this is a big deal to anyone. We're finished if we have to go further down the QB hole no matter who we sign. Lindley gives us someone that knows the offense and nothing more. But that's still more than all but PERHAPS Dennis Dixon gives us. It's a nothing move AFAIC.

Steve

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dennis Dixon must have turned them down. Can't imagine them going to Lindley if he didn't.

Lindley is just horrible. SMH on this one, one of the few times I have with this regime. :barf:

I am nervous enough about Stanton let alone the 2 behind him now.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Now lets replace him on the practice squad with Michael Sam.

This doesn't create an opening on the Cards' practice squad. We claimed Lindley off of the Chargers PS. Maybe they could sign Sam....but I doubt it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Lindley so far has shown he is below average at best and Thomas so far has shown he is not even on a scale to rank. This about the hear and now, and not about how much better Thomas may get. Lindley is not very good at the moment but still better than the rookie Thomas lol

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I prefer a guy like freeman, has some flashes and played many games.
Lindley has more chances to throw an interception then complete a pass.,
Thomas from what i saw in denver game is horrible at best

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Lindley has more chaces to throw an interception then complete a pass.,
Thomas from what i saw in denver games is horrible at best

Lindley is capable of throwing an interception and Thomas is capable of not even completing that... though in 1 and 8 tries he is capable of a freak touchdown, sorry but it does get hilarious in the NFL when one looks at their options past the backup QB for most teams lol

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lindley has more chances to throw an interception then complete a pass.,
Thomas from what i saw in denver game is horrible at best

I tend to agree about Josh Freeman. At least with him theres a CHANCE at him being something decent. He started out his career pretty alright with the Bucs. How can he have nothing left already?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lindley is capable of throwing an interception and Thomas is capable of not even completing that... though in 1 and 8 tries he is capable of a freak touchdown, sorry but it does get hilarious in the NFL when one looks at their options past the backup QB for most teams lol

So u saying that is more safe for us to play with thomas cause his Passes are so inaccurate even for defender?

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I am just curious: any names out there that would have made people happy?

the team saw Dennis Dixon for a week, and decided to pass this time around. That says something (although, that may have had more to do with the fact that if you sign somebody off somebody else's practice squad, you have to keep them for 3 weeks IIRC)

At least they added a guy who has been though all OTAs, training camp, etc -- you can run the offense with him. He may not execute it like Stanton, but he can run the offense.

After last year watching a vet like Palmer struggle with the offense for 8 weeks (while getting 100% of the practice reps) , I am not sure you could expect a vet to come in here and be ready any time soon.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Come on People, REALLY! There is no one else out there you would ever consider bringing in. Remember it took Palmer half a season just to get up to speed with the BA offense and some of you want to bring in guys who have never, ever been in this offense. Lindley was the only logical choice, the rest who are available are a whos who of failure, disappointment, and lack of talent. Lindley probably belongs in this group however he at least has some experience in the BA offense. It's not who we want but it's who is available.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
We have heard repeatedly from Palmer and others how long it takes to learn the offense, which is why Lindley was the best choice in the minds of BA&SK. When Palmer was out temporarily, they couldn't go after Lindley because they would have had to sign him to the 53 man roster. They signed Dixon to the PS and didn't have to give up a roster spot. Now that they need a #2 and have the roster spot open---Lindley makes sense in order maintain optimum continuity. The irony now is---it did not make sense to give Lindley so much PT during the pre-season then, but now it actually is a good thing he got those reps.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Not thrilled. The question isn't if we will see a third string quarterback, it's when. Stanton cannot stay healthy. I don't think he's ever played a season and not gotten hurt, including this year already. No way he survives the next seven games. I can't believe there's no better option than Lindley. Bring in a veteran like Josh Freeman. We need a new number three, not a number 4.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn't create an opening on the Cards' practice squad. We claimed Lindley off of the Chargers PS. Maybe they could sign Sam....but I doubt it.

Oh, I thought he was on our own.

Thanks.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was saying it would be Lindley all day yesterday because he made the most sense. Lindley knows the system and is familiar with the receivers. I wouldn't be shocked that if in a week or two he becomes Stantons backup.

Personally I feel Lindley had a better training camp than Thomas. But that is to be expected because he had been in the system for an entire year and Thomas was so raw coming out of college. The main reason Thomas made the team over Lindley is his potential a few years down the road.