Letter from Sarver

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been posted on virtually all Suns social media. You can find it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. I'm not going to post all those links though, here's the letter. Hope he's committed to the future as much as he was committed this season, if so then I don't think he'll be the main hurdle to overcome, which the will be nice.

You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope he backs this up with his wallet. We need to keep building this team.

i Don’t think he can. I think Sarver is one of the lower income owners in the NBA. He’s not a billionaire he’s only worth like 4-500 million the Suns are his major source of income.

Micky Arison said he lost money on the Heat every year of the Big 3 that damn sure ain’t gonna happen here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And thankfully no parade not that the team doesn't deserve it.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope he backs this up with his wallet. We need to keep building this team.

He went out of his way to say he's paid the tax before and he's willing to do so again for a contender. The question will be how long will he pay the tax. 1 season isn't likely to cut it.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
He couldn't take the fan backlash if he were to cheapen out on going for it right now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He couldn't take the fan backlash if he were to cheapen out on going for it right now.

have you been paying attention for the last decade? He doesn’t care what fans think of him

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you been paying attention for the last decade? He doesn’t care what fans think of him
Sarver has no choice but to go all in now. If he doesn't he is going to be skewered not just by the fans, but analysts and likely would cause an exodus from guys like Booker and Ayton. He is past the point of no return. It's the cost of success.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

After the Kurt Thomas trade I don't think Sarver has been cheap but he has spent the money in the wrong places. I really think Sarver wants to win but the Ryan McDonough years sidetracked him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sarver has no choice but to go all in now. If he doesn't he is going to be skewered not just by the fans, but analysts and likely would cause an exodus from guys like Booker and Ayton. He is past the point of no return. It's the cost of success.

I think that’s cute that you think he cares what the fans and media think of him. Dude he’s been a joke for the last 10 years

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After the Kurt Thomas trade I don't think Sarver has been cheap but he has spent the money in the wrong places. I really think Sarver wants to win but the Ryan McDonough years sidetracked him.

his biggest problem and we’re going to see if he fixes this is he’s a micro manager he thinks he knows more than his basketball guys. Hopefully he just gets out of the way and let’s James Jones do his job

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
his biggest problem and we’re going to see if he fixes this is he’s a micro manager he thinks he knows more than his basketball guys. Hopefully he just gets out of the way and let’s James Jones do his job
He has so far.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Sarver, fingers crossed, has finally reached this point and will rely on basketball people like James Jones and Monty Williams to make the decisions.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
He's a lot of things but he's not stupid. He finally figured out the winning formula and that's for him to let the experts do their jobs.

ETA: Of course, he finally found the right experts. McD was a failed experiment. It just took him awhile to realize it but realize it he did.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a lot of things but he's not stupid. He finally figured out the winning formula and that's for him to let the experts do their jobs.

And he also has a new arena, basically, and for a brand new shiny training facility.

He has to know this is the last time people are buying what he's selling. If he goes back on his word then the city will turn on him entirely, players won't play for him, and the league might not be able to sit idly by while he ruins a franchise that has just proven its worth.

This playoff run helped in showing everyone in the country how great of a basketball city Phoenix is. I can't see Sarver getting away with the same things he did late in the Nash years nowadays with social media as prevalent as its become.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And he also has a new arena, basically, and for a brand new shiny training facility.

He has to know this is the last time people are buying what he's selling. If he goes back on his word then the city will turn on him entirely, players won't play for him, and the league might not be able to sit idly by while he ruins a franchise that has just proven its worth.

This playoff run helped in showing everyone in the country how great of a basketball city Phoenix is. I can't see Sarver getting away with the same things he did late in the Nash years nowadays with social media as prevalent as its become.
Phoenix is a top 7 largest city in the US. We’re not a “small market”. People just don’t think great basketball when they mention the Suns. That’s definitely gonna change now. We need to carry this momentum into the offseason.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that’s cute that you think he cares what the fans and media think of him. Dude he’s been a joke for the last 10 years
I think it's cute you can't comprehend it's not just the fans and media he has to deal with if he does this wrong. I have been his biggest critic on the forums so you should pump the brakes on pretending to know what I think about Sarver. I give him credit letting James Jones do his thing after so many years of screwing things up.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's cute you can't comprehend it's not just the fans and media he has to deal with if he does this wrong. I have been his biggest critic on the forums so you should pump the brakes on pretending to know what I think about Sarver. I give him credit letting James Jones do his thing after so many years of screwing things up.

I think it’s cute your ignoring us being a joke for the last 11 years and thinking any of it matters.

oooooh the backlash if we blow it up oh no how will Sarver ever sleep

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He has to realize that a winning team brings in more money and this year is a great example of that. I bet since has own this team, this is the best revenue year he has ever had. I hope this year gets him to understand, you need to spend money to make money!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
100% agree

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I was with you until the league part. Unless sarver makes a terrible racist or sexist or other type comment the league won’t do squat.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s cute your ignoring us being a joke for the last 11 years and thinking any of it matters.

oooooh the backlash if we blow it up oh no how will Sarver ever sleep
No one wants to be the most reviled man in a city. He’s not Donald sterling.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sarver's surprisingly engaging behind the scenes, and does genuinely care about the city and the team. While his past mistakes have been egregious, I'm much more ok with him running the show than I would have been 10 years ago.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Sarver's surprisingly engaging behind the scenes, and does genuinely care about the city and the team. While his past mistakes have been egregious, I'm much more ok with him running the show than I would have been 10 years ago.

Maybe... I'm certainly inclined to give everyone the chance to make amends, and as you say, maybe he has come around.