Letter from Sarver

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's a lot of things but he's not stupid. He finally figured out the winning formula and that's for him to let the experts do their jobs.

And he also has a new arena, basically, and for a brand new shiny training facility.

He has to know this is the last time people are buying what he's selling. If he goes back on his word then the city will turn on him entirely, players won't play for him, and the league might not be able to sit idly by while he ruins a franchise that has just proven its worth.

This playoff run helped in showing everyone in the country how great of a basketball city Phoenix is. I can't see Sarver getting away with the same things he did late in the Nash years nowadays with social media as prevalent as its become.

DJ Tabooh

Free Agent
Reaction score
And he also has a new arena, basically, and for a brand new shiny training facility.

He has to know this is the last time people are buying what he's selling. If he goes back on his word then the city will turn on him entirely, players won't play for him, and the league might not be able to sit idly by while he ruins a franchise that has just proven its worth.

This playoff run helped in showing everyone in the country how great of a basketball city Phoenix is. I can't see Sarver getting away with the same things he did late in the Nash years nowadays with social media as prevalent as its become.
Phoenix is a top 7 largest city in the US. We’re not a “small market”. People just don’t think great basketball when they mention the Suns. That’s definitely gonna change now. We need to carry this momentum into the offseason.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that’s cute that you think he cares what the fans and media think of him. Dude he’s been a joke for the last 10 years
I think it's cute you can't comprehend it's not just the fans and media he has to deal with if he does this wrong. I have been his biggest critic on the forums so you should pump the brakes on pretending to know what I think about Sarver. I give him credit letting James Jones do his thing after so many years of screwing things up.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it's cute you can't comprehend it's not just the fans and media he has to deal with if he does this wrong. I have been his biggest critic on the forums so you should pump the brakes on pretending to know what I think about Sarver. I give him credit letting James Jones do his thing after so many years of screwing things up.

I think it’s cute your ignoring us being a joke for the last 11 years and thinking any of it matters.

oooooh the backlash if we blow it up oh no how will Sarver ever sleep

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He has to realize that a winning team brings in more money and this year is a great example of that. I bet since has own this team, this is the best revenue year he has ever had. I hope this year gets him to understand, you need to spend money to make money!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sarver has no choice but to go all in now. If he doesn't he is going to be skewered not just by the fans, but analysts and likely would cause an exodus from guys like Booker and Ayton. He is past the point of no return. It's the cost of success.
100% agree

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I was with you until the league part. Unless sarver makes a terrible racist or sexist or other type comment the league won’t do squat.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s cute your ignoring us being a joke for the last 11 years and thinking any of it matters.

No one wants to be the most reviled man in a city. He’s not Donald sterling.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sarver's surprisingly engaging behind the scenes, and does genuinely care about the city and the team. While his past mistakes have been egregious, I'm much more ok with him running the show than I would have been 10 years ago.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Sarver's surprisingly engaging behind the scenes, and does genuinely care about the city and the team. While his past mistakes have been egregious, I'm much more ok with him running the show than I would have been 10 years ago.

Maybe... I'm certainly inclined to give everyone the chance to make amends, and as you say, maybe he has come around.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You need to work on your material. Also, it's obviously not a joke because you repeated it again in your second sentence. LOL.

Booker and Ayton will want out of dodge. BANK ON IT. Ticket sales, merchandise, ad revenue will all plummet if these team has to start over again. Sarver cares about that. His partner care about that. Sarver does have to also answer to his partners in the investment group.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You need to work on your material. Also, it's obviously not a joke because you repeated it again in your second sentence. LOL.

Booker and Ayton will want out of dodge. BANK ON IT. Ticket sales, merchandise, ad revenue will all plummet if these team has to start over again. Sarver cares about that. His partner care about that. Sarver does have to also answer to his partners in the investment group.

As far as partners has Sarver had to answer to them the last ooh idk 11 years?

Booker and Ayton are the future your just assuming we can’t get another star with all that money. Did anyone thing Paul was a possibility a few months before it happened

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as partners has Sarver had to answer to them the last ooh idk 11 years?

Booker and Ayton are the future your just assuming we can’t get another star with all that money. Did anyone thing Paul was a possibility a few months before it happened
Same scenario with Colangelo and the D-backs. Eventually they run out of patience. Sooner or later Sarver is going to want those margins to increase. Also, if your team is in such a mess and your stars bolted? Who would want to come here? LOL. We built this team through the draft and only after years and years of building up talent did a guy at the end of his career say hey I think I can put them over the top.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Phoenix is a top 7 largest city in the US. We’re not a “small market”. People just don’t think great basketball when they mention the Suns. That’s definitely gonna change now. We need to carry this momentum into the offseason.

Continue with winning seasons(doesnt have to nba final wins) and the people that have moved here over the years will eventually start liking the Suns. It happens alot. When a person moves to a different state and that state's team is winning, eventually they will cheer them on. Seen it several times with my friends when they have moved here or away. Started like the home team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The size of the city doesn't determine if they consider you a small or big market team. It's based on the media market.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal