Letter from Sarver

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s cute your ignoring us being a joke for the last 11 years and thinking any of it matters.

oooooh the backlash if we blow it up oh no how will Sarver ever sleep
You need to work on your material. Also, it's obviously not a joke because you repeated it again in your second sentence. LOL.

Booker and Ayton will want out of dodge. BANK ON IT. Ticket sales, merchandise, ad revenue will all plummet if these team has to start over again. Sarver cares about that. His partner care about that. Sarver does have to also answer to his partners in the investment group.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You need to work on your material. Also, it's obviously not a joke because you repeated it again in your second sentence. LOL.

Booker and Ayton will want out of dodge. BANK ON IT. Ticket sales, merchandise, ad revenue will all plummet if these team has to start over again. Sarver cares about that. His partner care about that. Sarver does have to also answer to his partners in the investment group.

As far as partners has Sarver had to answer to them the last ooh idk 11 years?

Booker and Ayton are the future your just assuming we can’t get another star with all that money. Did anyone thing Paul was a possibility a few months before it happened

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as partners has Sarver had to answer to them the last ooh idk 11 years?

Booker and Ayton are the future your just assuming we can’t get another star with all that money. Did anyone thing Paul was a possibility a few months before it happened
Same scenario with Colangelo and the D-backs. Eventually they run out of patience. Sooner or later Sarver is going to want those margins to increase. Also, if your team is in such a mess and your stars bolted? Who would want to come here? LOL. We built this team through the draft and only after years and years of building up talent did a guy at the end of his career say hey I think I can put them over the top.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Phoenix is a top 7 largest city in the US. We’re not a “small market”. People just don’t think great basketball when they mention the Suns. That’s definitely gonna change now. We need to carry this momentum into the offseason.

Continue with winning seasons(doesnt have to nba final wins) and the people that have moved here over the years will eventually start liking the Suns. It happens alot. When a person moves to a different state and that state's team is winning, eventually they will cheer them on. Seen it several times with my friends when they have moved here or away. Started like the home team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix is a top 7 largest city in the US. We’re not a “small market”. People just don’t think great basketball when they mention the Suns. That’s definitely gonna change now. We need to carry this momentum into the offseason.
The size of the city doesn't determine if they consider you a small or big market team. It's based on the media market.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i Don’t think he can. I think Sarver is one of the lower income owners in the NBA. He’s not a billionaire he’s only worth like 4-500 million the Suns are his major source of income.

Micky Arison said he lost money on the Heat every year of the Big 3 that damn sure ain’t gonna happen here.
Spending money to make the playoffs probably doubles your revenue once you finish the season

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The size of the city doesn't determine if they consider you a small or big market team. It's based on the media market.
That’s fair. Good point. Being sandwiched between California and Texas (not directly) doesn’t help either for sure from a media standpoint.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Spending money to make the playoffs probably doubles your revenue once you finish the season

I just saw a recent story that the Bucks were expecting to generate an extra 100 million in revenue this offseason just directly from merchandise related to winning the title. It's nothing to sneeze at.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking back here are a few personal afterthoughts as I look forward to next season.

Listening to an interview with Robert Sarver on Arizona Sports on 1-28-2021 got me thinking.

Initially Sarver never thought the Suns would get this far when they acquired Chris Paul, referring to the Finals. He thought they would be a playoff team and very competitive. Monty got it right when he thought the Suns would be a top four team in the West.

I wish the Suns front office had listened more intently to Monty Williams earlier in the season when player personnel moves were possible... maybe they did.

The Suns front office should have realized when they acquired Chris Paul their window was now. I can't stress that enough. The Suns did acquire Torrey Craig which was huge but it didn't fully address the Suns lack of big man depth.

Once the window is open a team should do everything possible to achieve this goal. I hope the Suns did everything possible to add more size at the trade deadline and during buyouts. The Suns were certainly limited in what they could do due to financial, roster and draft restraints.

The Suns window is still open but last season may have been the Suns best opportunity to win a championship in 28 years. Everything fell correctly aside from Paul getting banged up in the playoffs and losing Dario Saric to injury. The problem is, the Suns had no room for error, like bringing a Bobby Portis type player off the bench.

The way it looks, if the Suns keep Chris Paul and Cam Payne with added improvements they should be better overall this coming season. Is that enough? Hopefully. Other teams will be improved as well.

I do think Robert Sarver is committed to winning a championship. He made that abundantly clear in the interview. Maybe the Suns can still squeeze through that window with Chris Paul.

If anyone wants to listen to the interview with Robert Sarver the link is below: