Let's talk about trading down...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If no player falls, the extra second isn't good enough to make this kind of call.

This guys already have big warts, IMHO already the 3 OT you mentioned have warts.

For me there are 11 players than the 3 OT and then your 9+ Becton in the top 24

But the draft, will have more or less this top 15
Burrow, Tua,Herbert,Love
Lamb, Jeudy
Okudah, Henderson
Young, Brown, Kinlaw
Simmons
Wirfs, Wills, Thomas

maybe somehow someone else can crack that list like Ruggs or McKinney but else, hard to envision it for now.
I actually agree.

I wouldn't be happy with any trade down scenario if it meant losing either Okudah, Simmons, or Wills. Period.

If those three are gone and we can move to 11 or 12..... Fine. Because we still probably get someone of top value. But this would not get us a 2nd except in a hold up level scenario. May happen..... who knows.

12 to 14 is a weird range in this draft. We would need a couple Daniel Jones level mistakes to occur for us to stay in the range of talent I would expect. Maybe Thomas, Wirfs, Ruggs or Brown is still there at that point. Who knows but you are doing some serious gambling so I would look for a 2nd and a 4th IMO.

After 14..... they will need to impress us. And one second rounder isn't impressive. A 2nd and 3rd this year. Two seconds (one next year) would be my baseline.

Honestly..... 15 to 20 seems like similar prospect levels but damn man..... I would want my pick of that litter at 15 over making a choice between Epanessa, Diggs, Jones, Cleveland, or the like. I may ask for next years #1 if we move back to 18 to 20.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually agree.

I wouldn't be happy with any trade down scenario if it meant losing either Okudah, Simmons, or Wills. Period.

If those three are gone and we can move to 11 or 12..... Fine. Because we still probably get someone of top value. But this would not get us a 2nd except in a hold up level scenario. May happen..... who knows.

12 to 14 is a weird range in this draft. We would need a couple Daniel Jones level mistakes to occur for us to stay in the range of talent I would expect. Maybe Thomas, Wirfs, Ruggs or Brown is still there at that point. Who knows but you are doing some serious gambling so I would look for a 2nd and a 4th IMO.

After 14..... they will need to impress us. And one second rounder isn't impressive. A 2nd and 3rd this year. Two seconds (one next year) would be my baseline.

Honestly..... 15 to 20 seems like similar prospect levels but damn man..... I would want my pick of that litter at 15 over making a choice between Epanessa, Diggs, Jones, Cleveland, or the like. I may ask for next years #1 if we move back to 18 to 20.
from 14 to 20 you need really a big compensation, the level drop is there because all top players and OT are gone. And yes from 18 on maybe a #1 next year has to be inside the realm of possible.

But overall, stay where you are and draft the best player that has the least risk of busting in the system of KK or for Joseph or an better DC.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have to say, I'm a little worried about trading for future picks because we don't know what's going to happen with the upcoming seasons for the NFL and college. How does it sort out if no one plays this year and more eligibility is granted? If there's no 2020 NFL season, how do your 2021 needs look?

I feel like we could see a thinner draft pool next year compared to today.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I actually agree.

Hahaa you love ragging on Daniel Jones even though he’s going to be really good.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hahaa you love ragging on Daniel Jones even though he’s going to be really good.

Right? Like Clelin Ferrell wasn’t a much, much worse choice.
Daniel Jones was a horrible pick. He is Blake Bortles & Jameis Winston rolled into one package. Seriously...... go look at Jameis' rookie year and then go look at Jones. Tell me you see a difference.

Ferrell had a MONSTER resume at least.
As a freshman, his stats were better than Derrick Brown's were last year.
Won Def MVP of the Fiesta bowl on the way to the National title also as a freshman.
Hendricks award winner (top D-end in nation) in final season.

Ferrell was twice the prospect that Derrick Brown is. And was just as good a Quinnen at the same time.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Daniel Jones was a horrible pick. He is Blake Bortles & Jameis Winston rolled into one package. Seirously...... go look at Jameis' rookie year and then go look at Jones. Tell me you see a difference.

Won Def MVP of the Fiesta bowl on the way to the National title also as a freshman.

Ferrell was twice the prospect that Derrick Brown is. And was just as good a Quinnen at the same time.
DE vs DT. Stats are a moot point.

Plenty of defensive guys with fantastic college resumes that underwhelmed in the league. He won’t be the first or last.

Maybe in Raiders’ La-La land. Clelin legit has no special traits that stick out. How he even went top 15 is mind-blowing. He wasn’t even the best DE the Raiders drafted in the same draft.

Clelin Ferrell isn’t seeing Derrick Brown as a prospect. Don’t disrespect Brown.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Daniel Jones was a horrible pick. He is Blake Bortles & Jameis Winston rolled into one package. Seriously...... go look at Jameis' rookie year and then go look at Jones. Tell me you see a difference.

I agree Daniel Jones isn’t good at all

but good lord no Ferrel was not. He wasn’t in the same league as Quinnen Williams or Derrick Brown. That was maybe the biggest reach of all time on draft day.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I agree Daniel Jones isn’t good at all

but good lord no Ferrel was not. He wasn’t in the same league as Quinnen Williams or Derrick Brown. That was maybe the biggest reach of all time on draft day.
:hairraise:hairraise:hairraise
:computer:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to think that if the Cards traded down day 8 spots that they will be guaranteed to get a player the covet.

it seems to me it would be a player they’d be happy with. Take the best player at 8. Perhaps trade up into the 2 nd or add a third rounder.

There will be a highly regarded top notch player available at 8. We can’t miss on this. Most good teams are good because they had 2 or 3 good drafts. We have to string a few together.

Let’s not get cute.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If CeeDee and Simmons aren't available @ 8, I have no problem trading down to get Kinlaw and other compensation.