Let's talk about trading down...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, this.

I think trading with Denver is what is going to happen. They want Jeudy, we are the right pick to guarantee they get him, and their pick is high enough we can do it (15) without losing much at all.

I am not sure if okudah is worth picking at 8 or not - it would depend on the package we are offered to move down. Simmons on the other hand is a slam dunk to pick at 8.
How when Okudah is a better prospect than Simmons?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Latest Buzz has Henderson closing on Okudah for the top CB spot. JMO, but I think that Simmons is the better player. Much better.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best CB prospect in a while at a way more impactful position not worth picking at #8 but a glorified SS is

You must be registered for see images attach

I think he would play MLB, OLB and safety for us in different packages - with the majority of his time as an MLB.

I think of him as a superior version of Ryan Shazier

Okudah looks ok, but it is not like he is bust proof. I am not overwhelmed by anything I am seeing on his tape, but I am by some of the stuff Simmons has done.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How when Okudah is a better prospect than Simmons?

says who?

Simmons is regarded as generational by pretty much everyone.

listen you don’t like him and that’s fine but don’t try and put out a false narrative.

he’s a LB you really need to come to terms with that.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
says who?

listen you don’t like him and that’s fine but don’t try and put out a false narrative.

Most draft boards have Okudah as a higher graded player than Simmons...FWIW.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Keim trading down is suicide. Just take the BPA. Keim has shown he cannot draft well.

Keim has the inability too draft, that people tend to forget. Does everyone likes the Suggs for Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace? Keep in the Blue chip range, this is the same guy who traded Rosen for Andy Isabella and than took Isabella in front of Metcalf,.giving the seahawks their Top Wideout and leaving the Skins to land their top WR Mclaurin as well. This is the guy that let teams jump in front of him at 10 and 12 to grab Watson and Mahomes and be stuck with Reddick. The guy who drafted Johnath Cooper, Brandon William's, Troy Nikluas Rob Housler, Chad Williams, unless it's a slam dunk early pick or trading a pick for a player, Keim sucks at drafting! Here are 2 past draft classes too show how bad they are. No trade downs unless it's a couple spots.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
says who?

Me & a lot of people.

Why is it that Okudah is higher mocked than Simmons every where you look?

He’s looked at as a generational “athlete”, not a generational player. He’s not even better than Derwin James coming out.

He’s a box safety. He’s good at a lot of things, but he’s just average when it comes to attacking the hole.

He’s not the next coming of Patrick Willis where this board is making him as.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
says who?

you’re using the term “generational” very loosely. Chase Young isn’t generational. He’s up there with The Bosas and Myles Garrett; all of whom were drafted the last few years.

generational talents are like Luck, Peyton, Elway, oh and also guys like 2000 #1 pick Courtney Brown (NCAA records for career sacks and TFL playing in Big10, and had an elite combine).

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you’re using the term “generational” very loosely. Chase Young isn’t generational. He’s up there with The Bosas and Myles Garrett; all of whom were drafted the last few years.

generational talents are like Luck, Peyton, Elway, oh and also guys like 2000 #1 pick Courtney Brown (NCAA records for career sacks and TFL playing in Big10, and had an elite combine).

no I’m not

6,5 240lbs Linebacker with the athletic traits of Megatron. Let me know when the last time that guy came around. I’ll wait they don’t grow on trees

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Me & a lot of people.

Why is it that Okudah is higher mocked than Simmons every where you look?

He’s looked at as a generational “athlete”, not a generational player. He’s not even better than Derwin James coming out.

He’s a box safety. He’s good at a lot of things, but he’s just average when it comes to attacking the hole.

He’s not the next coming of Patrick Willis where this board is making him as.

CB always go higher than LB. that’s how it is and Simmons is mocked in all those top tens as well so stop.

like I said you don’t like him that’s great but stop trying to say he sucks lol. This is where you lose credibility. You can’t separate feeling from player evaluations.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Simmons sucks but I got okudah as the second best player in the draft and IMO he's close to young.

Definitely Okudah is with Young the most sure thing
He doesn't have, apparently, any flaws on his game and has lenght and physicality

Simmons is an athletic freak and has been very productive but he doesn't have a true position yet..

Anyway i would do cartwheels to get one of them

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CB always go higher than LB. that’s how it is and Simmons is mocked in all those top tens as well so stop.

like I said you don’t like him that’s great but stop trying to say he sucks lol. This is where you lose credibility. You can’t separate feeling from player evaluations.
Where did I say he sucks?

Stop reading with your eyes closed all the time.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely he is with Young the most sure thing
He doesn't have apparently any flaws on his game and has lenght and physicality

Simmons is an athletic freak and has been very productive but he doesn't have a true position yet..

Anyway i would do cartwheels to get one of them
He is definitely not “the most sure thing”.

Hell, in the same post later, you just said he doesn’t have a true position yet.

How can we be sure if he’s the most sure thing if you don’t know what position he’s going to stick at?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is definitely not “the most sure thing”.

Hell, in the same post later, you just said he doesn’t have a true position yet.

How can we be sure if he’s the most sure thing if you don’t know what position he’s going to stick at?

I was talking about Okudah being with Young the most sure thing

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cardinals one team to watch to trade back per Benjamin Albright on Twitter.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Nice one @Zeno

Here is some additional info for everyone on Woody Paige:

From Chad Jensen:
4 hours ago

The NFL rumor mill is cranking out all sorts of buzz on the Denver Broncos' first-round aspirations. Some have GM John Elway moving up from pick 15 to draft one of the top-4 offensive tackles, while others have the Broncos moving up to pick 10 to grab Alabama speedster Henry Ruggs III.

A new rumor has hit the grapevine and considering the source, it'd be wise to take heed. Legendary Denver reporter Woody Paige added some new smoke to the Dove Valley conflagration on Twitter Sunday morning.
@woodypaige What's your final thought on Broncos at 15 or do they move up/down ?

Woody Paige

✔@woodypaige

It could go either way. Don’t believe Broncos stay at 15. My sources tell me they go up to 8 or 10 and get Jeudy.

Paige's sources are legit. He's broken more stories on the Broncos than I could ever recount here, including the secretive deal Elway had in place with Mike Shanahan in December of 2017 to return to coach the Broncos for a second stint, which was shot down by team President and CEO Joe Ellis.

As it relates to the draft, last year, Paige was a bullhorn on the Broncos' interest in Drew Lock, and even pegged Noah Fant and Dalton Risner as likely Denver selections. All three wound up in Orange and Blue before day two was over.

Paige says the Broncos are going to move up to 8 or 10. And in so doing, get into position to take the first WR off the board. According to his sources, that WR is the other Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson