Things have changed.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard someone being skeptical about Andrew Thomas handling speedy pass rushers, he has quick feet, definitely not a concern, he is pretty good

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m a huge LSU fan and he did nothing all year then had a huge playoff.

I’m not impressed by him

Yes but he put a great short stretch
He is a first rounder cause of his potential
About production should be a third fourth round pick

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Could be an option if we trade down. I would take him over Gross-Matos.

Is it just me...but I REALLY don't like to see a player responding to people's criticisms about their game on twitter. I know we're all bored right now...but how about a little humility? So someone says you need to develop more pass rush moves...so what? You need to respond and post videos trying to prove them wrong? You're about to be a millionaire professional football player, you better get used to critique.

I also am really starting to sour on the Sideline Speech Yeller types. It just reminds me too much of Jamies Winston, who I said from day 1 was a fraud, a thief, and a highly overrated FB players. Give me a QB with quiet confidence that will talk to his guys without trying to get it on camera...(KM)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good players look better on great teams. He could be one of those. Same reasoning I use for Alabama players.

i.e. Does Tua look great because of his WRs RBs, etc or do his WRs look great because of him? That is the Joel Klatt theory.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could be an option if we trade down. I would take him over Gross-Matos.

Is it just me...but I REALLY don't like to see a player responding to people's criticisms about their game on twitter. I know we're all bored right now...but how about a little humility? So someone says you need to develop more pass rush moves...so what? You need to respond and post videos trying to prove them wrong? You're about to be a millionaire professional football player, you better get used to critique.

I also am really starting to sour on the Sideline Speech Yeller types. It just reminds me too much of Jamies Winston, who I said from day 1 was a fraud, a thief, and a highly overrated FB players. Give me a QB with quiet confidence that will talk to his guys without trying to get it on camera...(KM)

hmmmm

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
2020 NFL Draft: Prospect-pro comparisons for top pass rushers
  • You must be registered for see images attach
  • By Gil Brandt
  • NFL Media senior analyst
  • Published: April 2, 2020 at 03:23 p.m.
  • Updated: April 3, 2020 at 06:46 p.m.
Pass-rushing prospects should ideally possess the following four key traits, which have historically led to success at the NFL level, with the best NFL examples of each trait listed in parentheses:

-- First-step quickness (Khalil Mack): The ability to get off the ball quickly and beat the blocker.

-- Bend (Dwight Freeney): The ability to get low on the path to the quarterback and maintain balance. In his heyday, Freeney almost looked like he was perpendicular to the ground at times.

-- Ability to convert speed to power (J.J. Watt): After using speed to beat the blocker, it is important to convert that speed to the power that the pass rusher must bring to bear on their target.

-- Feel for depth (Michael Strahan): This trait prevents the pass rusher from running past the quarterback, and from allowing the offensive tackle to drive the pass rusher behind the quarterback.

Before we dig into the comparisons for my top five pass rushers, here are some quick notes explaining the absence of two prospects you might be expecting to see. A.J. Epenesa accomplished a lot at the college level, leaving Iowa with 26.5 sacks, but I don't really see any of the traits in him that you want in a pass-rushing prospect. And James Lynch is an enigma to me; I think he's been able to produce at Baylor because of his competitiveness, but again, he doesn't seem to have the traits needed for NFL success, and I'm not sure his competitiveness will be enough to close that gap.

1) Chase Young, Ohio State

Pro comparison: Michael Strahan (141.5 career sacks, 854 tackles, 131 tackles for loss in 15 seasons, 1993-2007).

The athletic Young is a difference-maker as a pass-rusher, having collected 31 sacks in 23 starts over three seasons at Ohio State. And he also has the strength to stop the run, as reflected in his 42.5 tackles for loss. Young really possesses all four of the key traits needed for pass-rushing success at the NFL level, and the comparison to Strahan, who reached the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a seven-time Pro Bowler and four-time All-Pro after 15 seasons with the Giants (and who holds the single-season sack record, with 22.5 in 2001), should give you an idea of the impact Young could have in his career.

2) K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU

Pro comparison: DeMarcus Ware (138.5 career sacks, 654 tackles, 171 tackles for loss in 12 seasons, 2005-2016).

While we don't have any measurables on Chaisson, who did not work out at the NFL Scouting Combine, all you have to do when considering his pro potential is zero in on his ability to rush the passer, as seen specifically in the tape of him against Alabama and how well he played against Oklahoma in the College Football Playoffs. Don't be misled by Chaisson's apparent lack of productivity at LSU (9.5 sacks in three years); I think he's a better player than fellow LSU product Danielle Hunter, who has made it to two Pro Bowls while amassing 54.5 sacks in five seasons with the Vikings. Chaisson looks like the kind of basketball player-esque pass rusher who can bend, turn the corner and get after the quarterback because of his athleticism. I see him as being similar to Ware, who excelled at getting off quickly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-prospectpro-comparisons-for-top-pass-rushers

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nice to see Brandt make the Chaisson-Ware comparison. I was just thinking the same thing and pulled up Ware’s combine.

I’m guessing Chaisson would have tested similarly athletically:

6’ 4”
251lbs
4.56 40
38.5 in vert
10’ 2in broad
4.07 20 yd shuttle
27 reps

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brandt seems to be saying Chaisson is either as good or better than Young. Ware is better than Strahan.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
9.5 sacks in 3 years scares the heck out of me for a top 10 pick. I would really like to take a defensive player that dominated in college, at least in the first round. If this guy were a later round flyer, thats one thing...but to spend a first rounder on a guy with that little production is scary to me.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just saying if we are going to compare him to Ware....

Ware finished his college career with 27.5 sacks, 201 tackles, 74 quarterback hurries, ten forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, and one interception.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
no he wasn’t at all.
As an LSU fan what's your opinion on Queen I know he was only a one year starter but he seemed to play fast with real good instincts only watched a couple games but was impressed by him

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As an LSU fan what's your opinion on Queen I know he was only a one year starter but he seemed to play fast with real good instincts only watched a couple games but was impressed by him

super fast but really small for the NFL level, he’s a tweener. 6’1 220ish. Reminds me a ton of Eric Striker from Oklahoma a few years back

size and him being able to hold up is my biggest concern about him

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just saying if we are going to compare him to Ware....

Ware finished his college career with 27.5 sacks, 201 tackles, 74 quarterback hurries, ten forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, and one interception.

...at Troy

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
9.5 sacks in 3 years scares the heck out of me for a top 10 pick. I would really like to take a defensive player that dominated in college, at least in the first round. If this guy were a later round flyer, thats one thing...but to spend a first rounder on a guy with that little production is scary to me.

I’m more scared to draft unathletic guys like Brown that produced.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
super fast but really small for the NFL level, he’s a tweener. 6’1 220ish. Reminds me a ton of Eric Striker from Oklahoma a few years back

size and him being able to hold up is my biggest concern about him

Striker is an atrocious athletic comp.

Queen ran 4.5 to his 4.8, and had 5in higher vert and 8in further broad.

It might be even worse of a field comp, as Queen played in front of the LOS and Striker lived behind it.

They’re both short small guys and that’s about it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re struggling at this.

He flat out said that Chaisson is BETTER than Danielle Hunter! There’s little room between Hunter and Strahan.

I’m not talking about Hunter or Chaisson.

but if you think Hunter after being in the league 2 years is in the level of a Strahan then I honestly don’t know what to say

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Striker is an atrocious athletic comp.

Queen ran 4.5 to his 4.8, and had 5in higher vert and 8in further broad.

It might be even worse of a field comp, as Queen played in front of the LOS and Striker lived behind it.

They’re both short small guys and that’s about it.

Striker was damn good at Oklahoma damn good.

both to small to play serious years in the NFL In my opinion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose