Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Clowney is nothing but a solider of fortune out for paycheck at this pt

He's been forced into it, though...with his injury history, nobody is going to give him a big multi-year deal...He will be 1 year at a time, for the rest of his career. Nothing wrong with that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Many posters showed u hundred times that successful teams won without a first round rb
How many times do I need to repeat that I'm only interested in a 1st round RB because I think the top players will be picked before we pick in the second, and we don't have a 3rd or 4th round pick?

This isn't about a 1st round RB. It's about a lack of opportunity otherwise.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many times do I need to repeat that I'm only interested in a 1st round RB because I think the top players will be picked before we pick in the second, and we don't have a 3rd or 4th round pick?

What do you think is harder to fill and more important to grab a CB or running back in the first round? One that can compete right away and see meaningful playing time?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
(Trey Sermon /Chubba Hubbard /Kylin Hill) can be a good unit
Missed the edit. Those guys are commonly being projected to go earlier than the 5th round, besides maaaaybe Hill. Following recent drafts, you should be expecting to be getting the 10th-15th RB in the draft in the 5th round, not the 6th-10th.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

ATHLON grades

Rd 1: Travis Etienne
Rd 2: Najee Harris
Rd 2: Javonte Williams
Rd 2/3: Kenneth Gainwell
Rd 2/3:Chuba Hubbard
Rd 2/3: Michael Carter

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude got turf-toe riding a quad. Ugh...Just don't let him near a telephone.

Have you ever ridden a quad been out with people who do? It’s actually not a very safe recreational sport very easy to get injured quite possibly seriously and even death. Not really seeing the correlation as in making fun. Even easier to get injured if you’re not familiar and don’t do it often often. Often times people freak out and put their feet down while going to fast and it can cause major injuries to the lower extremities.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
What do you think is harder to fill and more important to grab a CB or running back in the first round? One that can compete right away and see meaningful playing time?

Exactly, rb's are usually good right out of the gate while cb's usually take longer to adapt to the NFL and new schemes.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Generally I would say CB. In the situation we're in, RB.

Between 16 and 49 the picks I think RB is most likely to go are:
18. Dolphins
23. Jets
24. Steelers
34. Jets
35. Falcons
36. Dolphins
40. Broncos

7 picks. And that's assuming no trades or surprises. All of those teams have struggling backfields with clear space for a top rookie, and/or a starter on a deal that expires after this year. CBs like Melifonwu or Samuel Jr. could be available in the 2nd.

ATHLON grades

Rd 1: Travis Etienne
Rd 2: Najee Harris
Rd 2: Javonte Williams
Rd 2/3: Kenneth Gainwell
Rd 2/3:Chuba Hubbard
Rd 2/3: Michael Carter
Do you think Gainwell, Hubbard, or Carter are 2nd round picks we should make at 49? I think that's high for them.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

18. Dolphins
23. Jets
24. Steelers
34. Jets
35. Falcons
36. Dolphins
40. Broncos

7 picks. And that's assuming no trades or surprises. All of those teams have struggling backfields with clear space for a top rookie, and/or a starter on a deal that expires after this year. CBs like Melifonwu or Samuel Jr. could be available in the 2nd.

Do you think Gainwell, Hubbard, or Carter are 2nd round picks we should make at 49? I think that's high for them.

you think our CB room is better off then the RB room as it stands right now?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Have you ever ridden a quad been out with people who do? It’s actually not a very safe recreational sport very easy to get injured quite possibly seriously and even death. Not really seeing the correlation as in making fun. Even easier to get injured if you’re not familiar and don’t do it often often. Often times people freak out and put their feet down while going to fast and it can cause major injuries to the lower extremities.

Started on my 1st ATC in 1982...been riding ever since...dirt bikes and quads...Never felt the need to put a foot down on a quad (dirt bike, yes). I've never even felt the need to take my foot off the peg on a quad. I guess I'm the exception and not the rule.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
you think our CB room is better off then the RB room as it stands right now?
Well, as it stands right now I think there's a snowball's chance in hell that we take an RB in the first two rounds, so it's barely even worth discussing at this point. To me, Conner ended all talk of that and I just have to accept it.

Ask me yesterday, and I would have said CB and RB were about dead even. There's intricacies to this whole thing, because if you'd also asked me before the trade of our third rounder to Vegas, I'd have said we have plenty of flexibility to go RB and should go CB in the first.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started on my 1st ATC in 1982...been riding ever since...dirt bikes and quads...Never felt the need to put a foot down on a quad (dirt bike, yes). I've never even felt the need to take my foot off the peg on a quad. I guess I'm the exception and not the rule.

I’d say you’re lucky that you’re experienced and have probably been around experience people I have literally watched people from my kids to others riding quads going faster than they think and approaching objects or ditches and aren’t familiar with break location etc. due to lack of experience and panic and they put their feet down to help them stop and their legs get pulled under the back tire.... my kid had a major sprain and a massive amount of skin layers taken off his legs as one example... I literally watched sit happen in horror. Seemed like slow motion. Lol funny now though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask me yesterday, and I would have said CB and RB were about dead even. There's intricacies to this whole thing, because if you'd also asked me before the trade of our third rounder to Vegas, I'd have said we have plenty of flexibility to go RB and should go CB in the first.

Just for conversation sake would you rather have done this as opposed to getting a PB caliber C?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I should mention, it's all about scarcity. It's like drafting in fantasy football, in a sense. Is the RB going to be your number one scorer? Not necessarily. But do I know there's only ~10 backs I can count on? Yes, so I'll go with the first RB I can because others will snap up that scarcity. I know I have to get an RB now or never.

Just for conversation sake would you rather have done this as opposed to getting a PB caliber C?
No. I was disappointed that they didn't cut him like they said they were going to, though. Nothing to be done about that though, we had to fix Center.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At the other end of that spectrum I’ve spent one weekend riding quads. Never felt the need to take my foot off the pegs either.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

18. Dolphins
23. Jets
24. Steelers
34. Jets
35. Falcons
36. Dolphins
40. Broncos

I have no idea how the Cards have graded RB's on their board.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I’d say you’re lucky that you’re experienced and have probably been around experience people I have literally watched people from my kids to others riding quads going faster than they think and approaching objects or ditches and aren’t familiar with break location etc. due to lack of experience and panic and they put their feet down to help them stop and their legs get pulled under the back tire.... my kid had a major sprain and a massive amount of skin layers taken off his legs as one example... I literally watched sit happen in horror. Seemed like slow motion. Lol funny now though.

Wow, that's crazy. Couldn't imagine watching that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

18. Dolphins
23. Jets
24. Steelers
34. Jets
35. Falcons
36. Dolphins
40. Broncos

This is nuts. There's no comparison in positional value. RB is probably the lowest value position in the game and here's why.

A DB, WR, OL, DL etc have to play at a high level every play. They are going one on one vs elite opponents and either they win the rep or the opposition do.

A CB has to on the ball every down against a WR1 or a WR2 and if not we lose a bunch of yards.

A RB doesn't have to beat anyone 1 on 1. He has no direct opponent he just has to execute the play correctly and hit the right hole. If everyone else executes their job the worst RB will get you 5 yards at least. You only need an elite RB when the play breaks down. Which is a lot less often that any other position needs to be.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, as it stands right now I think there's a snowball's chance in hell that we take an RB in the first two rounds, so it's barely even worth discussing at this point. To me, Conner ended all talk of that and I just have to accept it.

Wait. Yesterday you would put CB and RB even but today when just asked you put RB over CB despite us signing Conner?

That makes no sense.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wait. Yesterday you would put CB and RB even but today when just asked you put RB over CB despite us signing Conner?

That makes no sense.
He asked me which position I felt it was better to fill in the 1st round. I explained that in this particular situation, I would place RB as the priority, because of where we are, what the team needs are, and the needs of other teams. That has nothing to do with Conner. With Conner, I have given up hope or any thought of drafting an RB high.

Obviously, today the RB room is better than the CB room. It lacks high end talent and instead has two guys who are just whatever, but the CB room only has two guys that are whatever and still needs a starter.

This is nuts. There's no comparison in positional value. RB is probably the lowest value position in the game and here's why.

A DB, WR, OL, DL etc have to play at a high level every play. They are going one on one vs elite opponents and either they win the rep or the opposition do.

A CB has to on the ball every down against a WR1 or a WR2 and if not we lose a bunch of yards.

A RB doesn't have to beat anyone 1 on 1. He has no direct opponent he just has to execute the play correctly and hit the right hole. If everyone else executes their job the worst RB will get you 5 yards at least. You only need an elite RB when the play breaks down. Which is a lot less often that any other position needs to be.
An RB touches the ball more often than any position on the field besides QB or center. No other position on the field can make up for missing or poor QB play, besides kick returners, I guess. Everything else funnels through the QB.

Like it or not, you actually have to have some talent to play the position, otherwise you and I would be NFL RBs, not participants on an ornithology enthusiast bulletin board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard