Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, if anything, James Connor is the better player.

Fournette:763 att / 2998 yds / 3,9 avg /23 td / 7,3 receiving yards avg

Connor: 532 att / 2302 yds / 4.3 avg / 22 td / 7,8 receiving yards avg
Like I thought, people are thinking they’re getting first year breakout Conner. Sadly, no.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I thought, people are thinking they’re getting first year breakout Conner. Sadly, no.

how do you know? His numbers for 2020 are almost on par with his breakout year with the fact that his OL was worse.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, if anything, James Connor is the better player.

Fournette:763 att / 2998 yds / 3,9 avg /23 td / 7,3 receiving yards avg

Connor: 532 att / 2302 yds / 4.3 avg / 22 td / 7,8 receiving yards avg
The overall stats are misleading here if you look at what they've done recently, especially given Fournette's playoff production.

Fournette crushed it in the postseason when it really mattered and was the top rusher while maintaining a 4.7 YPC. Conner plodded around for a 3.4 yard YPC.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Getting razzed hard-core by my Stillers co-workers for my team being "smart" enough to sign Conner. My favorite zinger was that we'd better keep the grass cut short, or he'll get a high ankle sprain on it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Getting razzed hard-core by my Stillers co-workers for my team being "smart" enough to sign Conner. My favorite zinger was that we'd better keep the grass cut short, or he'll get a high ankle sprain on it.
That goes for about 60% of our team at this point. I'm not sure we'd be able to go injury free in a 6 game flag football tournament.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score

Advanced stats were for 2020 only. Time for you to wake up and shake your misperception regarding Conner.

He is and neuer was a top 5 rb or close to it, but he is at least an average starting rb by basically every metric.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Advanced stats were for 2020 only. Time for you to wake up and shake your misperception regarding Conner.

He is and neuer was a top 5 rb or close to it, but he is at least an average starting rb by basically every metric.
If he’s on the field.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
The overall stats are misleading here if you look at what they've done recently, especially given Fournette's playoff production.

Fournette crushed it in the postseason when it really mattered and was the top rusher while maintaining a 4.7 YPC. Conner plodded around for a 3.4 yard YPC.

2020 regular season stats once again:
Fournette: 367 attempts;0 broken tackles; 1.7 yards before tackle; 2.0 yards after tackle
Conner: 721 attemps, 17 broken tackles (9.9 att/bT); 2.3 before tackle; 1,7 after tackle

Going by Fournettes play off stats could also tell us that running back numbers are profiting if the oline and passing offense for their teams function well, giving the rb empty boxes and open running lanes.

So pay and draft ol and wr in the early rounds, rb can be had on the cheap for most functioning offenses.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fournette: 367 attempts;0 broken tackles; 1.7 yards before tackle; 2.0 yards after tackle
Conner: 721 attemps, 17 broken tackles (9.9 att/bT); 2.3 before tackle; 1,7 after tackle

Going by Fournettes play off stats could also tell us that running back numbers are profiting if the oline and passing offense for their teams function well, giving the rb empty boxes and open running lanes.

thats def not just 2020 too many attempts listed

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hasn't Pitt had line issues the last couple of years? Looking at the stats, as a team they've had under 1500 yards the last 3 years.

Possibly interesting nugget, last year him and rb's #2 and 3 combined had a similar number of carries.

Conner averaged a respectable 4.3, while the backups averaged ~3.3

Perhaps the problem has more to do with Pittsburgh's line than Conner.

We'll see.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasn't Pitt had line issues the last couple of years? Looking at the stats, as a team they've had under 1500 yards the last 3 years.

Possibly interesting nugget, last year him and rb's #2 and 3 combined had a similar number of carries.

Conner averaged a respectable 4.3, while the backups averaged ~3.3

Perhaps the problem has more to do with Pittsburgh's line than Conner.

We'll see.

You must be registered for see images attach

his numbers while playing show he’s a respectable RB arguments to the contrary are just silly.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

So pay and draft ol and wr in the early rounds, rb can be had on the cheap for most functioning offenses.
Since when were we a functioning offense?

And I've already gone through the hoops of showing that RBs in the 5th round and beyond have a 17% chance of starting 5 games or more for you over their career in recent history, so I'm not going to do it again. We don't have a 3rd or 4th round pick to hit on an RB where they're successful in modern times, so we had to choose between drafting one early or picking off the scrap heap in free agency, and we went the scrap heap route.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

"I'm going to take this small sample that suits my narrative while ignoring their career stats and that Fournette was playing for a team on fire and eventual SB winner and Conner was playing for the worst form team in the playoffs that everyone had figured out"

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
"I'm going to take this small sample that suits my narrative while ignoring their career stats and that Fournette was playing for a team on fire and eventual SB winner and Conner was playing for the worst form team in the playoffs that everyone had figured out"
There's not an enormous gulf between Conner and Fournette is more my point. I think an argument can be made of whichever you prefer stylistically.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Since when were we a functioning offense?

And I've already gone through the hoops of showing that RBs in the 5th round and beyond have a 17% chance of starting 5 games or more for you over their career in recent history, so I'm not going to do it again. We don't have a 3rd or 4th round pick to hit on an RB where they're successful in modern times, so we had to choose between drafting one early or picking off the scrap heap in free agency, and we went the scrap heap route.

So you want to overpay with an early round pick? I can already hear you complain next year if we do not have a young cb/wr/olb on the roster.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So you want to overpay with an early round pick? I can already hear you complain next year if we do not have a young cb/wr/olb on the roster.
We don't have anyone but Eno Benjamin on the roster for 2021 at RB, and yeah, we're going to be in terrible shape at a lot of positions next season with no young talent.

But I don't consider it an "overpay" if you get a dynamic and dominant RB in the first or second round. I'd be a very happy guy with a Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry on this team. I don't think any fans wouldn't. Sure, they might not last 10 years, but you cross that bridge when you get to it.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't have anyone but Eno Benjamin on the roster for 2021 at RB, and yeah, we're going to be in terrible shape at a lot of positions next season with no young talent.

But I don't consider it an "overpay" if you get a dynamic and dominant RB in the first or second round. I'd be a very happy guy with a Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry on this team. I don't think any fans wouldn't. Sure, they might not last 10 years, but you cross that bridge when you get to it.

Many posters showed u hundred times that successful teams won without a first round rb

Connor /Edmonds +
(Trey Sermon /Chubba Hubbard /Kylin Hill) can be a good unit

Status
Not open for further replies.