Lebron James and the travelling rule.

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
I just had a look to the top 5 of the night (may18). On the first play (#5) the travelling is so flagrant that it makes me sick.
When will the NBA apply it's rules to everybody... even the chosen one?

OP
OP
M

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
nba.com sorry

Half of Lebron Highlights are suspect but this one is crazy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder how you are supposed to stop a 250 lbs panzer if he can just walk his way to the basket.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the Van Gundy call yesterday: "the best way to split a trap is by taking three steps. That is travelling!" He was referring to LeBron.

OP
OP
M

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
I count four steps on this one... it's even better ;)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was one 3 by LeBron yesterday they showed the replay like 4 times and it was the most blatant walk you ever saw. One of the announcers said Lebron's footwork is great today he's really getting his feet set under him. Then they showed the replay and his 2nd step he tripped and went forward taking 2 partial steps to recover, then went up and made the 3. He had the ball in his hand the whole time so he took 4 steps.

But then I watch Garnett change pivot feet in the post moves and it all equals out.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also allowed Pierce to put both hands on LeBron from time to time.

Whatever happened to "no handchecks"

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
In another thread I noted that Kobe changed his pivot foot about three times in escaping a trap in game 6. I've noticed that Manu actually puts the ball under his arm like a running back when going to the hole.

The odd part is that the refs routinely call traveling on guys who take a quick first step when starting a drive, but rarely call them once into the lane. Ironically, when they do call them it is often because the defender has pushed the guy which throws him off stride.

My guess is that the refs are too focused on making sure the defender is outside the circle to watch the offensive players' feet, but it does seem to be an area where the refs give stars special treatment.

OP
OP
M

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
I rarely complain about this. But has I said, if you look at Lebron Highlights, half of them are travelling (this one being one of the worst). I am Ok with the ref not seing it... (not so much but they are humans) but put that kind of move in a top 10 is really stupid.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
If they called traveling in that series, the average score would've been 56-53, but I agree they are letting way too much go.

Thank goodness that series is over with.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Turico was trying to compare James vs. Pierce to Dominique Wilkins vs. Larry Bird.

When a caller disagreed, Turico told the guy he just didn't like bball.

:doi:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort