Least Interesting Team Ever?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worse, but there was more star power on that team.

Chandler Jones
Patrick Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald
Josh Rosen
David Johnson

Hard to remember a lower-wattage defense than the one well run out in Week 1.

Did you just put Josh Rosen on a star power list? :oops:

DJ was a 1.5 season wonder. I think Conner with his 6 seasons in the league and whole cancer story has as much "star power".

Kyler buries Rosen.

Hopkins has as much star power nationally than Fitz, maybe even more.

Maybe that team had a couple more big names but I'm not sure that made it any more interesting. Those names barely got any play nationally. Chandler Jones was probably the least talked about 19 sack guy in history.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt this will be a bad team this season. The major problem is the qb situation, with Murray being hurt, is horrible. But we have had some real stinkers at qb over the years. If Murray does come back during the season and plays well then the season could be more interesting and give fans some hope.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you’re looking for stuff to read about the Cards’ rebuild; good luck. They are so uninteresting that there is virtually no media coverage outside of Arizona. Frankly, there’s nothing to report. The free agents were mostly stopgap or special teams support. The draft was more aimed at crushing 2024 (pressure’s on) than competing in 2023. This is a bad tram. With a history of near total disaster this year’s team ranks likely highly among the worst ever. There are a few, very few, interesting prospects. The front office thought so poorly of their predecessor they didn’t make a serious effort to re-sign their top free agents. They also didn’t pick up the fifth year option on their previous first round choice. In essence the new group said the old group was virtually a total failure. It’s not even clear the new regime intends to do much to enhance the hold over “star” who plays QB. If they could I believe they’d cut almost every player and start from scratch.

So here we go again. season ticket holders are asked to bet on the future or that they can sell those tickets to the visitor’s fans. After all, Arizona is a nice place to visit, especially if you can take in a win. Sadly the NFL just stands by with no standards applied to the efforts of existing owners. No one protects the fans. No one cares about them beyond getting their money. In point of fact they reward the biggest failures with the best potential prospects.

Arizona is not alone in ripping off fans. It’s an NFL tradition, yet we keep coming back for more. To paraphrase Henny Youngman, take my money; please. Fans could refuse to sell their tickets and sit home. This would deny the NFL the parking money (I know passes come with some tickets) and concession income. Over a season this amounts to millions of dollars. However, the NFL has always bet the fans won’t take that loss. They’ve always won that bet. In the end this is just another greed grab by an industry that’s built a tradition of stealing from fans. This is a monopoly and it’s easy to see why those are supposed to be illegal. In this case it’s deemed critical to protect the financial well-being of the owners.

Will this rebuild work? Who knows! The only thing I’m certain of is that the owners will feel little pain. Plus, if it does fail, another rebuild is sure to follow.
Harry, now that's a perfect 'take' of biting the hand that fed you for many years. Congrats.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

DJ was a 1.5 season wonder. I think Conner with his 6 seasons in the league and whole cancer story has as much "star power".

Kyler buries Rosen.

Maybe that team had a couple more big names but I'm not sure that made it any more interesting. Those names barely got any play nationally. Chandler Jones was probably the least talked about 19 sack guy in history.
We're talking about interesting teams. We'd traded up for Rosen in the first round, so that was exciting at the time, although the guy didn't pan out. Kyler coming off injury onto a horrible roster that can't compete generates little excitement. It's not about comparing the players overall, but the situations and the teams.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is really sad is that there have so many crappy teams over the years. I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and have seen more bad teams than good ones. Pathetic and I'm dumb enough to keep renewing. :bang:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We're talking about interesting teams. We'd traded up for Rosen in the first round, so that was exciting at the time, although the guy didn't pan out. Kyler coming off injury onto a horrible roster that can't compete generates little excitement. It's not about comparing the players overall, but the situations and the teams.
Meh that team wasn't particularly interesting once the season started. I watched the first game and said, "Golly this is a really bad football team, and also a poorly led one!" I probably only watched a few games from start to finish.

Maybe this year is the same, but there is the promise of Murray coming back. That team had no promise.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Kyler buries Rosen.

Josh Rosen was a first-round QB. People were extremely excited about him at the time.

DJ had an injury the season before but was two years removed from a first-team all-pro campaign where he nearly had over 1000 yards rushing and receiving. He was considered the primary offensive focus going into that year.

I still have doubts that Hopkins is on the roster week 1, but we'll see.

Four Hall of Famers on that team. No answer for it.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front office thought so poorly of their predecessor they didn’t make a serious effort to re-sign their top free agents. They also didn’t pick up the fifth year option on their previous first round choice. In essence the new group said the old group was virtually a total failure. It’s not even clear the new regime intends to do much to enhance the hold over “star” who plays QB. If they could I believe they’d cut almost every player and start from scratch.

Like I said back in November... "Burn it all down!!!"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Meh that team wasn't particularly interesting once the season started. I watched the first game and said, "Golly this is a really bad football team, and also a poorly led one!" I probably only watched a few games from start to finish.

Maybe this year is the same, but there is the promise of Murray coming back. That team had no promise.
I get that. Just commenting on the excitement factor of the two QBs. I was definitely stoked more to see a new, young, highly drafted QB than a returning-from-injury KM.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kyler coming off injury onto a horrible roster that can't compete generates little excitement.

there is a path to a good, entertaining offense:

they have enough o-line pieces that if most play most of the season (which is basically asking for NFL average injury luck) it can be signficantly better than last year

assuming Hop stays, pass catchers of Hop, Hollywood and Moore + McBride in his 2nd year and Ertz later isnt bad

an assumed improvement over Kliff's scheme and playcalling

this wont happen in week one, but I am thinking last 9 games of the season.

doing a similar "here is how the defense is better than expected" is wayyyy harder though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
there is a path to a good, entertaining offense:

they have enough o-line pieces that if most play most of the season (which is basically asking for NFL average injury luck) it can be signficantly better than last year

assuming Hop stays, pass catchers of Hop, Hollywood and Moore + McBride in his 2nd year and Ertz later isnt bad

an assumed improvement over Kliff's scheme and playcalling

this wont happen in week one, but I am thinking last 9 games of the season.

doing a similar "here is how the defense is better than expected" is wayyyy harder though.
Let's say Murray comes back and plays fairly well and the Cardinals can avoid being one of the most injured teams in football agai, I can see this happening.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the new uniforms, it's conceivable that the sports world would have just forgotten about the Cardinals entirely.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My money is on the 2018 Josh Rosen led Cardinals. I was traveling and listened to the game where we couldn't advance the ball past the 50 yard line. That team set NFL records for offensive ineptitude. Listening to those games when I traveled was like listening to paint dry. To me, that will always be the worst Cards team ever. Heck, it only took a season to get rid of a HC and first round QB, it was THAT bad!
Buckle up for this year my brotha. LMAO!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their losing is so contagious... Vaccines have been created for it.

Some say they could have drafted a blue chip player last year but didn't select him because they don't like the color blue.

They are... The Least Interesting Team in the NFL!

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals have hedged their bets on Kyler Murray being their future quarterback and looking at the possibility to draft one in 2024 unless he somehow manages to adapt his game coming off injury.

It's possible he may learn to think the game more rather than rely on his athletic ability and be the better quarterback for it.

However, I wouldn't want to be Kyler with the team the Cardinals have now.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No team can be worse than the 0-16 Lions. They were historically bad.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't care if this team is about as interesting as melted vanilla ice cream, as long as they actually play like a team on the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose