Le’Veon Bell released

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards would be better with him on the team, Bottom line

All teams need talented players to win , the guy proved he was an NFL talent in Pittsburg , he couldn't help a pathetic Coached Jets Team , could he help our Cardinal's Team , I think yes !
The RB Bell could be as important as the WR Hopkins , I am for winning . I watch our Arch enemy take on baggage players , and they stand undefeated . I believe that offence is a lot about how many ways do you threaten the line of scrimmage , KM could use some help !

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No interest.

I doubt they would give him any snaps over Drake and Edmonds even if they picked him up for vet min.

Bell just doesn't look the same physically. He was a rocked up dude at the Steelers, he looks relatively skinny now to me.

My guess is he will go unsigned until someone has an injury at RB.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
He's a vested veteran...not subject to waivers. Jets are on hook for remaining guaranteed contract....probably has offset language, meaning whatever he signs for with a new team is deducted from what Jets owe him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
So I think he'll just sit this year out collect his money. Why play for the same money and risk injury. Come out next year and look for another cash grab. He was never opposed to not playing even when he wasn't getting paid.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I think he'll just sit this year out collect his money. Why play for the same money and risk injury. Come out next year and look for another cash grab. He was never opposed to not playing even when he wasn't getting paid.

If he doesn't play again this year with only his recent Jets form to stand on nobody is going to pay him next year. He needs to go somewhere and put up 1000+ scrimmage yards if he wants anything other than chicken feed next year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think, skill set wise, he'd be tremendous for this team, but I don't know if he would be worth it personality wise.

He can still play.

Yeah but past skill set or current skill set? He's looked nothing like his old self, are you banking on that being scheme? Because feels more like it's just because he's not happy in which case do you want that on your team?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If he doesn't play again this year with only his recent Jets form to stand on nobody is going to pay him next year. He needs to go somewhere and put up 1000+ scrimmage yards if he wants anything other than chicken feed next year.
If chicken feed is 5 to 7 mil a year then I agree. But someone will pay him that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah but past skill set or current skill set? He's looked nothing like his old self, are you banking on that being scheme? Because feels more like it's just because he's not happy in which case do you want that on your team?

His skill set being diminished is debatable...he's playing for a coach who doesn't want and never wanted him...who refuses to use him to his skill sets...and this is also the reason he is unhappy. It would be one thing if Gase was stuck with him, but also knew how to get the most out of him and make the offense shine, but he's just to stubborn to do so. I think most of us would be unhappy in that type of situation, regardless of money.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards would be better with him on the team, Bottom line

No, it is not that simple.

The jets aren't eating guarenteed money for no reason. He can be a locker room problem if he is not getting his way.

Now would I offer him a vet min deal - sure. Don't think there is a chance in hell he would take it from us though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There zero chance Keim signs Bell. It's a waste of time to talk about it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His skill set being diminished is debatable...he's playing for a coach who doesn't want and never wanted him...who refuses to use him to his skill sets...and this is also the reason he is unhappy. It would be one thing if Gase was stuck with him, but also knew how to get the most out of him and make the offense shine, but he's just to stubborn to do so. I think most of us would be unhappy in that type of situation, regardless of money.

ehhh I’ve watched several games with him just because I have him on my fantasy team. He looks markedly slower. Yes I’m referring to last season as well.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

He ran roughshod over the Cardinals this week. A competent coach and competent QB would have milked him.

You have to realize that the Jets absolutely are judged on the Gase curve. Robby Anderson looked like a bum last year, and now looks like a legitimately good WR. Gase is a cancer...we have to be glad that Kingsbury came to Arizona, because I'm pretty certain he would've been the guy if Kliff had chosen the Jets. Imagine a Josh Rosen / Gase partnership. That would've sucked eggs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals would be better served starting Eno at this point than him. The truth is running back is not a long term lucrative position

That's a stretch. A 7th round pick over an All Pro RB who, while having a down year, is still averaging 80 yards a game. Lets wait until Eno has a 4 yard run before we even begin to compare him to a former All Pro.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That's a stretch. A 7th round pick over an All Pro RB who, while having a down year, is still averaging 80 yards a game. Lets wait until Eno has a 4 yard run before we even begin to compare him to a former All Pro.
For this offense's allocation of cap space, I would not sign Bell. Truth be known we do not have a thumper so to speak but I do not think our situation at RB warrants signing him

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN

Le’Veon Bell currently plans to sign with one of three teams, per source: Dolphins, Chiefs, Bills. Barring change, Bell will decide among these teams as early as today. Steelers reunion unlikely at this point.

He should sign with the Dolphins. Ascending team with a young QB waiting in the wings. Playing pretty well. Garbage RB's so plenty of playing time and he trains down in Florida.

Chiefs and Bills I can't see as more than a rental bit part player.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave