Lance Blanks Takes Charge

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5497897

"It's pretty obvious that there's a great infrastructure in place to have success," Blanks said, "so part of my job will be staying out of the way and not messing this thing up."

This part made me lol.

It's probably just the required PR message from the new guy but what if he's right? What if Sarver has implemented a new and improved management style for the NBA. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Since we really don't have any choice, I'm going to give it (and by extension, Sarver) a chance with this approach. I'm going to try real hard to bury my suspicions that it's doomed to failure. I'll probably freak out and overreact the first time a questionable decision is reached but that's my inalienable right as a sports fan.

Steve

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's probably just the required PR message from the new guy but what if he's right? What if Sarver has implemented a new and improved management style for the NBA. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Steve

Part of the reason David Griffin turned down the Nuggets was because they were moving toward this management structure--which led to a lower offered salary.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This isn't a new management structure. It's the way it was done in the old days. It wasn't until guys who had great successes as coaches were lured to new teams with coach/GM titles, and then migrated to GM/President roles. I think it's too much as complicated as the NBA has become for guys to have combined roles. I'm just saying this is not a new structure if you are old school.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson