Lamarr Woodley to Cardinals

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
From @PSchrags and me: LB LaMarr Woodley expected to sign with the Cardinals. Put down the pitchforks here. He was released. It's allowed.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 37s 38 seconds ago
The #AZCardinals are signing LaMarr Woodley on a 1-year deal, source said (as @PSchrags said.). Their edge help.

Don't think it would affects the Orakpo thing though I think we'll get outbid there

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
30 yrs old coming off a season where he only played 6 games due to injury. They sure are taking chances with guys coming off injury...hope it is a 1 yr cap friendly deal.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really wish we'd stop going for all these ex-Steelers. :rolleyes:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
vet minimum

either he shows something in camp, or he gets cut

Im not even sure he counts against the top 51 salaries right now for the cap

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jeez guys, he won't even count against the cap. I'm certianly happy we signed, as many of you put it, "washed up" players like Abraham and Foote. No huevos, no rancheros.

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rams bring in Foles. Seahawks bring in Jimmy Graham. And what do we bring in? Another over the hill former Steeler LB.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams bring in Foles. Seahawks bring in Jimmy Graham. And what do we bring in? Another over the hill former Steeler LB.

You must of forgot aye you potty and Sean Weatherspoon

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
LOL

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt
Oy. RT @greggrosenthal: LaMarr Woodley is on the Steelers’ books for $8.58 million this year. He’s been on 2 teams since.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and one of the best Guards in the league, a starting DE and a possible starting LBer.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and one of the best Guards in the league, a starting DE and a possible starting LBer.

Corey Peters talks like it's a done deal that he is going to be here as well. Add Orakpo to that, and we've had one helluva start to free agency.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point is that ever since Whiz came here, we seem to bring in every over the hill ex-Steeler that comes down the pike.

Hey, it's better than bringing in over the hill ex-Raiders or over the hill ex-Jags. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But can't we leave the aging ex-Steelers to someone else for once?

It's a freaking camp body. Who cares? And why completely ignore the other signings when talking about the other teams? Seems like you're ignoring them simply to make yourself angry.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
I agree that Woodley looked close to done last year but I highly doubt we're giving him much cash and it's for 1 year. Very little downside here. Bring 'im in, if he can't play then we send him back out the door Ernie Sims style.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree that Woodley looked close to done last year but I highly doubt we're giving him much cash and it's for 1 year. Very little downside here. Bring 'im in, if he can't play then we send him back out the door Ernie Sims style.

1 yr - $875K, veteran minimum.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I read somewhere that there are no guarantees in his deal. I love it. He's been known to have conditioning issues, but if he can get those right and stay healthy, maybe he can give us a dozen snaps or so a game and provide some pressure. If not then cut him. No more harm than a random undrafted free agent.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
At the veteran minimum (which doesn't even count 100% against the cap) this is a no brainer. Zero cost to cutting him if he doesn't work out. Why the hell not.