Lakers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 11-22-2022

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had words a few plays prior. Ayton walked over to stand over Reaves. And was actually chirping at Reaves. Just another stupid, boneheaded play by Ayton.
Are you sure he was chirping at Reaves, not responding to Davis? I'm not in love with the replays I could view but I didn't think it was clear either way. I do know that Davis moves towards DA and DA then moves towards Reaves but I guess it's possible that Anthony is enraged at Ayton "chirping" at Reaves. Tough to tell, from what I've seen.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pat Bev is a first class punk… But that was so stupid DA standing over Reaves… DA asked for it IMO… with Pat Bev out on the court, it was an automatic response to Ayton’s stupid flex over Reaves.
Asked for it? Give me a break. There is no place in the nba for that. None.

He didn’t ask for jack. If he taunted fine, but if you think he deserved that cheap shot then stick to watching football or hockey instead.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Are you sure he was chirping at Reaves, not responding to Davis? I'm not in love with the replays I could view but I didn't think it was clear either way. I do know that Davis moves towards DA and DA then moves towards Reaves but I guess it's possible that Anthony is enraged at Ayton "chirping" at Reaves. Tough to tell, from what I've seen.
Wasn’t at the game. But I’ve seen enough replays to convince me of my interpretation.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Here’s another replay. IMO, Ayton had a choice as to where he would walk with the ball in hand. He chose to walk over to Reaves on the ground.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis finally in playing shape only to get hurt in two weeks. Not going to get 30 points on the Suns.
Nope, he got 37 and set an NBA record with his performance. Good call. :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s another replay. IMO, Ayton had a choice as to where he would walk with the ball in hand. He chose to walk over to Reaves on the ground.
I don't think that one's clear at all. Watch it again, but focus on Anthony Davis instead of DA. It looks to me like AD is already moving towards DA which is why DA turns away and steps towards Reaves. And AD is clearly yapping at DA all the while. I can't tell who DA is talking to and like I said, it's possible that Anthony is angry and moving that way because of something DA is saying to the fallen player but to me it's clear that he moves towards DA before DA moves towards Reaves.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Michael Jordan once scored 63 in a loss. It happens. Individual record, not a team record.
I think it's more of a reference to when Booker had great games in a loss. Like his 50+ point games or his 70 point game. A lot of people discredited it because it was in a loss.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael Jordan once scored 63 in a loss. It happens. Individual record, not a team record.
But Jordan wasn't made of glass and the Bulls didn't suck ass.
I think it's more of a reference to when Booker had great games in a loss. Like his 50+ point games or his 70 point game. A lot of people discredited it because it was in a loss.

Nah, as referenced above, it is a critique specific to these Lakers.

The Lakers suck and Anthony Davis is has the toughness of airline toilet paper.

Davis' efforts will, at best, earn him something like a sports hernia and the Pelicans a pick just outside of the top 3.

Their best chance of success is for Pat Bev to blow out one opposing tendon per game played, he tries as best as he can but he just isn't there right now.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all fair game as far as I am concerned if the NBA let's this stuff go. What happens if someone gets seriously hurt?
You mean like CP3 getting injured and not playing to his abilities in the finals?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Bev is a first class punk… But that was so stupid DA standing over Reaves… DA asked for it IMO… with Pat Bev out on the court, it was an automatic response to Ayton’s stupid flex over Reaves.
Dude, you can’t in any way justify won’t Pat Bev did.

Full stop. What Ayton did or did not do is irrelevant.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You stand over a guy who just got knocked down… yea, sh*t is gonna happen.
Oh that’s BS. It’s a pretty pathetic line. No, he did not deserve to be blindsided like that - he could’ve been injured severely. Sorry dude but you’re way wrong in anyway justifying what was done. Take this fake macho. Crap and get that out.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it was about his teammate he wouldn’t have shoved DA into the guy. He could have landed on Reaves and injured both guys potentially. Pat Bev is a coward and saw an opportunity to “justify” a cheap shot. If he truly had his team in mind he would have gotten in the middle and barked at DA or pulled him down instead of shoving him.

All that being said, maybe three minutes prior he was talking trash to and trying to stand over Book at the top of the key after he was fouled.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oh that’s BS. It’s a pretty pathetic line. No, he did not deserve to be blindsided like that - he could’ve been injured severely. Sorry dude but you’re way wrong in anyway justifying what was done. Take this fake macho. Crap and get that out.
I’m not “justifying” what Bev did. It’s Bev being Bev, a douche being a douche.
But Ayton’s stupid actions (and a case can be made that Book also briefly stood over Reaves as well prior to Ayton following Book), causes the reaction from Bev. A totally over the top and dangerous reaction for sure. But a reaction is just that, a reaction. And in this case, the reaction was to a very stupid and amateurish flex move by Ayton.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't think that one's clear at all. Watch it again, but focus on Anthony Davis instead of DA. It looks to me like AD is already moving towards DA which is why DA turns away and steps towards Reaves. And AD is clearly yapping at DA all the while. I can't tell who DA is talking to and like I said, it's possible that Anthony is angry and moving that way because of something DA is saying to the fallen player but to me it's clear that he moves towards DA before DA moves towards Reaves.
And I see a player (AD), walking over to his teammate on the ground…

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not “justifying” what Bev did. It’s Bev being Bev, a douche being a douche.
But Ayton’s stupid actions (and a case can be made that Book also briefly stood over Reaves as well prior to Ayton following Book), causes the reaction from Bev. A totally over the top and dangerous reaction for sure. But a reaction is just that, a reaction. And in this case, the reaction was to a very stupid and amateurish flex move by Ayton.
And you still justifying it no matter how you slice it. You’re still blaming DeAndre for Pat Beverly’s actions That type of stare down, happens multiple time in NBA games A.D. did it earlier

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And you still justifying it no matter how you slice it. You’re still blaming DeAndre for Pat Beverly’s actions That type of stare down, happens multiple time in NBA games A.D. did it earlier
AD did it to a player that was knocked down? I must have missed that.
Again, I’m not excusing or justifying Bev’s reaction. I’m focused on DA and his needless, immature stare down - that caused Bev’s reaction.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean like CP3 getting injured and not playing to his abilities in the finals?

I'm saying, if the referees aren't going to call the game fairly, the players may have to respond in like kind.

Beverley gets away with his own set of rules.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had words a few plays prior. Ayton walked over to stand over Reaves. And was actually chirping at Reaves. Just another stupid, boneheaded play by Ayton.

I think so too. IMO DA was trying to avoid mixing it up with Davis who had just turned towards him which led to Ayton moving even closer to Reaves. I watched it several times and I can't tell for sure if I'm right but that's my guess. Hopefully tomorrow they'll make available better shots of what transpired. Beverley should be suspended although he probably won't be especially if it turns out that the Lakers Kissup Reggie Miller was right.

Chatter and trash talk does not excuse what Beverley did to Ayton.

The NBA and referees need to quit offering excuses for flagrant fouls meant to injure.

There should be no room in the NBA for this type of play. Period.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm saying, if the referees aren't going to call the game fairly, the players may have to respond in like kind.

Beverley gets away with his own set of rules.
You know it was funny, I forgot he was even on the Lakers till I noticed him like 2 minutes before his cheap shot.

I bet he was thinking - oh yeah this is a national TV game and I've been too quiet, I need to make my presence known.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose