Lakers @ Suns 3-2-19

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
LeBron and Magic, as a combination, will likely be the league's worst GM over the next few years ...
I think there is some retired NBA GM nicknamed "Zeke" who would challenge you. :D

Look, it was a feel-good win. Y'all can poop your britches over stats and specific moments, but the fact remains that, in the midst of a horrible season, the Suns managed a win over a hated rival. Just enjoy it for what it is. Stop trying to dissect it like a frog in junior high science class.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We’re the most awful team that LeBron has ever lost to in his career.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stop letting facts get in the way of a narrative!

lol, how often do you get corrected on WILDLY incorrect figures, from facts and stats to simple dates of birth? I'd wager... roughly as often as you post them.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LeBron and Magic, as a combination, will likely be the league's worst GM over the next few years (unless someone hires Billy King). I really hope they get Kobe involved as a "consultant" too, what slays me about Lakers fans killing LeBron for his behavior is that Kobe did the same crap, only Kobe didn't just trash his BAD teammates but anyone who was good enough to get a fraction of the spot light.

I suppose Kobe at least earned their loyalty. While in his case the fans were accepting of his lame duck years after bringing them championships as a career Laker, LeBron could really end up precluding a whole era—or at least the start of one. The Lakers being used is a new one. But we’ll see: I love the Suns helping to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs, but don’t like LA having even the 1% chance they currently have at Zion.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suppose Kobe at least earned their loyalty. While in his case the fans were accepting of his lame duck years after bringing them championships as a career Laker, LeBron could really end up precluding a whole era—or at least the start of one. The Lakers being used is a new one. But we’ll see: I love the Suns helping to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs, but don’t like LA having even the 1% chance they currently have at Zion.

But part of the point is that the Lakers would have had more success if Kobe were not a cancer. He ran more stars out of town than he lured in. In the mid 2000s Kobe was in his prime, chucking for stats, throwing teammates under the bus and quitting when the going got tough. He was running other stars out of town and doing it with a all-time great coach and GM.

If Kobe, in his prime (and LeBron is not in his prime) were on this Laker team... he'd be trying to force his way outta town... which... again... actually took place and is something Lakers fans pretend didn't happen.

I get that Laker fans love him, but Kobe has all of LeBron's worst traits and lacks several of LeBron's best.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kobe also forced a potential star out of town after his time was up. When he pushed Dwight out he killed any chance of the Lakers contending until he retired. I don't think they could have won a title with Dwight and Kobe but at the same time Dwight did lead the Magic to a finals a couple years before joining LA. They had a good Pau Gasol there still, albeit injured Pau Gasol, and a broken Steve Nash to go with Kobe and Dwight. Dwight was in his prime and putting up great numbers before going to LA and being misused. No one wanted to play with him after that. Say what you will about Dwight but he was the best Center in the game when he joined LA and Kobe broke him mentally, all while failing to run a D'Antoni offense. Dwight was the only reason the Lakers made it to the playoffs that year but instead of being thanked for it he was bashed relentlessly by Laker fans.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Considering how little some people think of Ayton statistically at this point of his career, I would think 26 and 10 would be quite "monster". Why do you compare Ayton to guys that have YEARS more experience?
Okay, do you think if Trae had 26 and 10 assists it would be a monster game? What about Doncic? You know, two guys picked after him and also rookies having good statistical starts to their career like Ayton? No and no. Not “monster” games. At this point even if Bagley put that up it wouldn’t be a “monster” game. It would be a good game.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
It was a monster game for Ayton. He lead the team in pts 26, stls 2, rbs 10, FTA 14

and he shot .727 from the field. Oh yea, not a single suns player had more than 4 assists.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering how little some people think of Ayton statistically at this point of his career, I would think 26 and 10 would be quite "monster". Why do you compare Ayton to guys that have YEARS more experience?

Because they don’t like him, this is so damn old. Bitch and complain you want to see more. You see more then it’s well he couldn’t back down Hart on that one play.

For a rookie big to come out and get 26/10 is pretty damn impressive.

But it’s whatever

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, do you think if Trae had 26 and 10 assists it would be a monster game? What about Doncic? You know, two guys picked after him and also rookies having good statistical starts to their career like Ayton? No and no. Not “monster” games. At this point even if Bagley put that up it wouldn’t be a “monster” game. It would be a good game.

Seriously.

Suns have a really feel good win and this is what your doing. I’m being honest here, dude your making yourself look really petty right now.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me why I hate Kobe Bryant. That guy is a grade A douche.

I was a Lebron fan and the minute he signed with the Lakers he became public enemy #1 in my book. I wish nothing but the worst for him and that team. Its funny how fast he is killing his own legacy. All you heard was who is better the last few years. MJ or LBJ. You ain't hearing any of that any more.

And when it comes to Ayton a bunch of us here seem to have unrealistic expectations. I also wanted him to dominate the league but name the last big man to do that their rookie season? One thing about Ayton is he is extremely efficient. Always has been. He has a good foundation to build on. He is also improving defensively. Since Ayton played at U of A he has improved his game along the way. I think people see Doncic and maybe have regrets for passing on him or jealous of the year he is having. The fact of the matter is you can't really can't compare the two though. Doncic has been playing pro ball almost as long as Ayton has been playing basketball period. I still think Ayton will be great and I still like the pick. Good C's are much harder to find in this league imho

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because they don’t like him, this is so damn old. Bitch and complain you want to see more. You see more then it’s well he couldn’t back down Hart on that one play.

For a rookie big to come out and get 26/10 is pretty damn impressive.

But it’s whatever

Who said anyone doesn't like Ayton? Quit putting words in other people's mouth. You are crying like a child because people don't agree with you about Ayton having a "monster game". Why are you taking that so personal?

You are mad because Ayton couldn't back down a guard like Hart and it was pointed out, that's why you keep bringing it up. Whether you like it or not though it did happen. You've talked about it now more than anyone else.

God forbid people here do anything but shower Ayton with praise though because if they don't they hate him, apparently. You said that we don't like Ayton when that is 100% false. No one here has said they don't like him. So please, educate us all, where did anyone say they didn't like Ayton? Oh, no! I called you out on a lie, it's time for you to take off now. It's much easier to make things up and leave than defend them with proof.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who said anyone doesn't like Ayton? Quit putting words in other people's mouth. You are crying like a child because people don't agree with you about Ayton having a "monster game". Why are you taking that so personal?

You are mad because Ayton couldn't back down a guard like Hart and it was pointed out, that's why you keep bringing it up. Whether you like it or not though it did happen. You've talked about it now more than anyone else.

God forbid people here do anything but shower Ayton with praise though because if they don't they hate him, apparently. You said that we don't like Ayton when that is 100% false. No one here has said they don't like him. So please, educate us all, where did anyone say they didn't like Ayton? Oh, no! I called you out on a lie, it's time for you to take off now. It's much easier to make things up and leave than defend them with proof.

I thought I was on ignore. Your still on this. It’s very very clear a certain little group here has an ax to grind with him. Stop pretending

Seriously why are you following me around though I thought I was on your ignore list

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a fun game to watch. Proud of the kids for not unraveling. Quick thoughts:

Ayton hard a good game. Was stoked to see 14 free throws!!!!! Would still like to see him get better position in the post. They started the game with a much shorter and lighter defender in Kuzma on him. And while he scored well against him, he settled for jumpers. And as has already been pointed out, he couldn’t back josh hart down. In comparison, anytime any of the Lakers bigs had even the slightest height or weight advantage they backed our guys down for dunks and layups. Ayton needs to learn how to do that.

Interesting twist putting our centers on lebron. Wasn’t just Ayton. They threw Holmes at him too.

Thought Melton looked good in limited fashion.

If this team could create more turnovers they’ll be crazy dynamic on the break.

Book does a lot more bitching all game than I remember from prior seasons. And he’s got some really lazy passes. But he hit some big shots down the stretch.

Thought Daniels mere presence had an effect. You could see how tight they cover him. So even if he doesn’t hit a lot of 3s he impacts spacing in a positive way.

Oubre played within himself and it was s big plus.

Bender hitting a single three at the beginning of the game changes how defenders treat him. Even if it’s the only he hits, hitting the first is a big deal for him and the suns if he’s going to get burn.

And I’ll end with this: 14 free throws for Ayton!!!!!! And it seemed like he got some calls tonight!

Solid evaluation of the game. Booker does seem to complain more this season.

I kept thinking the Suns do not necessarily need a point guard for the sake of having a point guard next to Booker. They need someone who can push the ball and hit an outside shot. If only Johnson could be more of a scoring threat.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Solid evaluation of the game. Booker does seem to complain more this season.

I kept thinking the Suns do not necessarily need a point guard for the sake of having a point guard next to Booker. They need someone who can push the ball and hit an outside shot. If only Johnson could be more of a scoring threat.

We just need a PG that can run the offense, get Ayton the ball, play solid D and shoot well from the outside......Should be no problem.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just need a PG that can run the offense, get Ayton the ball, play solid D and shoot well from the outside......Should be no problem.

We agree, except two seasons later the Suns still do not have that point guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some pretty sweet tickets to this game from a client at work so I took my sis and we had a blast! Man this did nothing to quell my dislike for Lebron tho. If you guys think he complains a lot on camera you should see him cry during commercial breaks. I pointed out to my sis that often times he didn't EVER join the huddle during timeouts, he would literally be yelling at the refs the whole time.

Was so happy to see the Suns hand him an L and send him packing. I really dont like him. He's great, amazing, super talented. Not questioning that, but he's also the biggest douche in the universe.

I was watching ESPN highlights of the game and all I saw were highlights of Lebron.

One would think the Lakers won.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seriously.

Suns have a really feel good win and this is what your doing. I’m being honest here, dude your making yourself look really petty right now.
It’s a freaking conversation about a word. Lighten up Francis.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Amen.

If I have to explicitly say it again for the record: I like Ayton. A lot. I still think he was the right pick. I expect him to eventually become a dominant all-nba player. None of that means he doesn’t currently have shortcomings. And none of it means those of us with analytical minds can’t discuss those shortcomings. It doesn’t mean it negates his positives in our minds. It doesn’t mean we don’t think he will improve on those areas of his game. It just means in a totally lost season we find more interesting things to discuss than just growning “we suck” or shouting “Ayton rules” all the time. This board would be pretty freaking boring if that’s what everyone did.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought I was on ignore. Your still on this. It’s very very clear a certain little group here has an ax to grind with him. Stop pretending

Seriously why are you following me around though I thought I was on your ignore list
Okay, tell us who this group is? Put your money where your mouth is. I can tell you now, I’m pretty certain you place me at, or near, the top of this made up list. And I can definitively say (a) I like Ayton; and (b) unless anyone here knows Ayton personally how the hell would they “have an axe to grind” with him? That’s patently ridiculous.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, tell us who this group is? Put your money where your mouth is. I can tell you now, I’m pretty certain you place me at, or near, the top of this made up list. And I can definitively say (a) I like Ayton; and (b) unless anyone here knows Ayton personally how the hell would they “have an axe to grind” with him? That’s patently ridiculous.

Are you seriously you have clearly worked yourself up here Francis.

3 post in a row your having an argument with yourself at this point. I honestly do not understand why you guys take this board so serious.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Are you seriously you have clearly worked yourself up here Francis.

3 post in a row your having an argument with yourself at this point. I honestly do not understand why you guys take this board so serious.
Dude you cry and then go personal on other posters and put words in people’s mouths anytime anyone makes even the slightest criticism of Ayton. And we take this board seriously?!? Lol. Okay.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson