Kyler was the most accurate deep ball thrower last year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This is why I don't mind RT round 1 and a WR round 2. Give him time
AGREED!!!

Pass protection is key.

I think Andy wasn't playing much because his routes required more time than Kyler usually had.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
yes!

underrated aspect of Ravens offense this year: Ronnie Staley and Orlando Brown provided excellent pass pro for Lamar Jackson when he had to throw

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually like RT 1st round and C 2nd round.

I've been down on both, but maybe with better protection Butler/Andy will have time to get down the field. Not sudden enough to run routes on our team last season (short passing game).

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Cee Dee Lamb all day everyday...

When Denny Green built the Cards team that went to the Super Bowl, he stated that in the draft; "Take the best player available". IMO at No. 8 the best player available will be lamb.
The Cards had Anquan Bolidin in his prime and still drafted Fitz.. Kurt Warner never had the best offensive line but with Boldin and Fitz it didn't matter.
Then when the Cards added Breaston and James they became great. The Patriots and Chiefs proved that if you have an NFL offense that can put up 30, 40, 50 points that great defensive players are gonna want to play there..

Murray = QB
Lamb = WR
Fitz = WR
Kirk = WR
Drake = RB
Dan Arnold (He's a bigger stronger Gronk...). Had to change that one.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What this team needs to assure is to maintain its ability to run so the deep ball can be an option... they need to concentrate on ensuring they stay the path with what worked for them when the offense started to gel

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Cards had James in his prime. With Warner, Boldin, Fitz and Breaston. IMO this organization would have a super bowl trophy.
The O-Line proved against the 49ers that they are good enough to run the ball with a good or even decent running back. Plus Fitz shouldn't be running deep routes anymore (Fitz is still great) but he needs to be running the short crossing routes and outside routes(Just like Boldin did when Fitz arrived).

Last edited:

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
I definitely respect the different points of view. However, I just think it's better to draft a "possibly" great reciever, rather than a "possibly good offensive lineman".
It sounds great because you're drafting for need... But, by that way of thinking, the Cards needed other positions Way more than they needed Fitz at wide reciever..
If the Cards have an O-Lineman or Defensive player on their board ranked above Cee Dee Lamb then I think they should go that way however, if they have Lamb ranked as the best player available, it would be a mistake to pass up on him.. I hope they just take the best player at no. 8

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And I ll add this
70% of his interceptions were throws to Larry Fitzgerald
I hope they won't try again to force passes to him

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unless it is Becton, I want them to trade down if they want an RT. Most of them will be very good at RT and could give us another 2/3rd to grab 2 WRs. :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Something to consider for myself as well. I was not too jovial when they drafted Fitz but I was also not upset and look what he became. I am not saying Jeudy or Lamb are a Fitz or Julio Jones but then again they might surely still be a pro bowl WR which we need for a number one and I don't think any regret drafting Fitzgerald now... it comes down to our scouting getting this right :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's not true. I'm sure I saw a stat that the majority of quality tackles in the league were 1st rounders. Especially LTs.

A quick look at the last super bowl and of the 10 offensive line starters, 4 were round 1 picks

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose