Kyler was the most accurate deep ball thrower last year.

K1Day1

Free Agent
Reaction score
I definitely respect the different points of view. However, I just think it's better to draft a "possibly" great reciever, rather than a "possibly good offensive lineman".
It sounds great because you're drafting for need... But, by that way of thinking, the Cards needed other positions Way more than they needed Fitz at wide reciever..
If the Cards have an O-Lineman or Defensive player on their board ranked above Cee Dee Lamb then I think they should go that way however, if they have Lamb ranked as the best player available, it would be a mistake to pass up on him.. I hope they just take the best player at no. 8

juza76

Registered
Reaction score
And I ll add this
70% of his interceptions were throws to Larry Fitzgerald
I hope they won't try again to force passes to him

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I don't mind RT round 1 and a WR round 2. Give him time

Unless it is Becton, I want them to trade down if they want an RT. Most of them will be very good at RT and could give us another 2/3rd to grab 2 WRs. :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Something to consider for myself as well. I was not too jovial when they drafted Fitz but I was also not upset and look what he became. I am not saying Jeudy or Lamb are a Fitz or Julio Jones but then again they might surely still be a pro bowl WR which we need for a number one and I don't think any regret drafting Fitzgerald now... it comes down to our scouting getting this right :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's not true. I'm sure I saw a stat that the majority of quality tackles in the league were 1st rounders. Especially LTs.

A quick look at the last super bowl and of the 10 offensive line starters, 4 were round 1 picks

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
A quick look at the last super bowl and of the 10 offensive line starters, 4 were round 1 picks

3 of the 4 starting OTs in the Superbowl were first round picks

in the conf champ games, i think it was 6 of 8

of the two non first rounders, one was Mitchell Schwartz, taken 37th and the other was David Bakhtiari, taken in the 4th round

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal