Kyler Murray Stat Line vs. Niners

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is an example of the lineman screwing up the play, but Kyler killing it.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sweezy gets destroyed. However, if Kyler just trusts that Clay is open in the void he could get that pass off to the middle of the field. I'm sure he could feel Buckner coming and probably about to smash him. However, thats a first down play if he just trusts it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Without the 88 yard TD pass, this game looks a lot different for Murray
Again look up the previous post before responding. QBs have had their worst games of the year against this 49ers defense.

And Andy not getting tackled doesn't take away how impressive that throw was. Stll would have put us at the 50 if got tackled.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On this one Murray saw Buckner

We need Guards/center more than tackle's imo. Now there's a possiblity if he steps he could hit Drake, but not likely..

Has got to throw this one away

Now it doesn't help that its just a 2 man route. Shipley destroyed.

Still gotta throw it away...however our 8 guys couldn't block their 6.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that TD pass to Johnson was a beautiful play and it was a perfect pass to Isabella. Can't take that play away from him. It made the game a freaking game. Same on his 2 point conversion. Those plays and finally making plays with his feet gave me a little confidence back after a really shaky first half.

i'm really hoping we get to see one or two complete games against good teams this year, giving me major confidence in him going into next year. He's flashing talent all over the place, but I want to see that signature rookie game against a good team that he can really hang his hat on. I'm guessing the Rams home game is gonna be his best shot at that. They're gonna be in the running for the playoffs, it's after the bye, people should be healed up. That could be the "just wait for next year!" game.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that TD pass to Johnson was a beautiful play and it was a perfect pass to Isabella. Can't take that play away from him. It made the game a freaking game. Same on his 2 point conversion. Those plays and finally making plays with his feet gave me a little confidence back after a really shaky first half.

i'm really hoping we get to see one or two complete games against good teams this year, giving me major confidence in him going into next year. He's flashing talent all over the place, but I want to see that signature rookie game against a good team that he can really hang his hat on. I'm guessing the Rams home game is gonna be his best shot at that. They're gonna be in the running for the playoffs, it's after the bye, people should be healed up. That could be the "just wait for next year!" game.
No no,. You mean isabusta right? ;)

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
On this one Murray saw Buckner

We need Guards/center more than tackle's imo. Now there's a possiblity if he steps he could hit Drake, but not likely..

Has got to throw this one away

Now it doesn't help that its just a 2 man route. Shipley destroyed.

Still gotta throw it away...however our 8 guys couldn't block their 6.

I agree about needing a center the most. Kyler almost never has space to step up because Shipley is so weak at holding his blocks. Not to mention his footwork. He’s really slow, even on the line. The play where Kyler loses 19 yards on a sack is all AQ’s fault. DJ Jones (#93) basically runs right past him through the A-gap.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed but still most of that was RAC. I’m not picking on Murray here but tell me where he made that great throw tonight that impressed you

Literally the play you mentioned in the post that's a great throw to Isabella

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The TD to Johnson was on a rope, between defenders. Fantastic throw.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

He even fooled Sherman on that play he looked him off just long enough. Sherman was trying to drop off his man into the throwing lane but Murray held him long enough that Johnson got open behind it and then the ball was rifled in there. Really nice play

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an example of the lineman screwing up the play, but Kyler killing it.

Sweezy gets destroyed. However, if Kyler just trusts that Clay is open in the void he could get that pass off to the middle of the field. I'm sure he could feel Buckner coming and probably about to smash him. However, thats a first down play if he just trusts it.

That's the play I mentioned where Isabella is open in the left flat but Kyler IMO just didn't trust him to go get the ball if he threw it out there

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's the play I mentioned where Isabella is open in the left flat but Kyler IMO just didn't trust him to go get the ball if he threw it out there
He's either gotta get rid of that ball (anticpate) to Clay or quickly work back to Isabella as his 2nd read. Sweezy getting destroyed didn't help.

I think as he moved he wanted to go to Andy, but saw the LB flash and feared a pick 6. Kyler seems to really like have both feet on the ground to throw. Russell Wilson probably throws to Isabella on one foot there.

He hesitates, sees the lb flash, tries to run and gets sacked.

Now maybe if that was Fitz or Kirk he throws it (since Andy at that point caught like 1 yard passes)

Just gotta hope Kyler can trust it in the future.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He even fooled Sherman on that play he looked him off just long enough. Sherman was trying to drop off his man into the throwing lane but Murray held him long enough that Johnson got open behind it and then the ball was rifled in there. Really nice play
He even motioned with his left hand. It was truly a veteran play.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought Murray had a good game in a tough spot vs a good defense. He wasn't great, but he definitely didn't fold.

I agree with SoonerLou...the interior of our offensive line might be the most important part of the offensive line similar to how the Saints have valued the interior line vs tackles with Drew Brees.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again look up the previous post before responding. QBs have had their worst games of the year against this 49ers defense.

And Andy not getting tackled doesn't take away how impressive that throw was. Stll would have put us at the 50 if got tackled.

Agree it was a 30 yard strike by Murray and a great run by Isabella. It reminds me of the games KM had at Oklahoma throwing to Hollywood Brown. Really fun to watch KM run the offense for us.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I still can't get my head around the throw Kyler made to Andy. What was that..... 30 to 40 yards..... on a rope....... to a catchable space the size of a coaster?

Truly one of the laser beams of the year IMO

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Shipley's contract is up this year. He'll be 34 at the start of next training camp.

In the name of all that is holy SK, get me a better Center for my beloved Arizona Cardinals.
I am really curious how they approach the C position in the offseason. You can't sign high-priced FAs to all your open OL positions, and we arguably have two options in Cole and Galliard on the roster that you would hope we could develop.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler is doing well, despite some rookie mistakes.

By my count, he's thrown 171 straight passes without an INT (the past 5 games and last 24 passes of the Seattle game after the pick six). Dak holds the rookie record with 176 (177th he threw one). It also was to start his career, so Kyler can't break that one, but just a few more passes and he could break the rookie record.

Hasn't lost a fumble either.

:stick:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed but still most of that was RAC. I’m not picking on Murray here but tell me where he made that great throw tonight that impressed you
The one to Isabella and the one where he fell right after throwing it off one foot. Both amazing throws.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

By my count, he's thrown 171 straight passes without an INT (the past 5 games and last 24 passes of the Seattle game after the pick six). Dak holds the rookie record with 176 (177th he threw one). It also was to start his career, so Kyler can't break that one, but just a few more passes and he could break the rookie record.

:stick::stick::stick::stick::stick:

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

wow.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The thing that sucks the most is even with the taking care of the ball and high completion percentage we aren’t going to win games throwing for less than 300 yards unless we have a top defense. I appreciate the lack of INT but we need to take some chances in the middle of the field. That doesn’t just lay on KM it lays on the play calling as well. Maybe the height is a factor on quick slants and shallow crosses idk but we are relying too much on bubble plays and sideline routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing that sucks the most is even with the taking care of the ball and high completion percentage we aren’t going to win games throwing for less than 300 yards unless we have a top defense. I appreciate the lack of INT but we need to take some chances in the middle of the field. That doesn’t just lay on KM it lays on the play calling as well. Maybe the height is a factor on quick slants and shallow crosses idk but we are relying too much on bubble plays and sideline routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our defense eat a lot of time being on the field and allowing successful 3th downs attempts

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Some of these dudes just look for anything to bash KM

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard