Kyler Murray Stat Line vs. Niners

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Lamar is no where near as consistent as a thrower as Kyler.

I have watched Lamar at UL and the NFL.He is a work in progress.That said he has a 11-3 record as a starter and has 1 playoff game experience.KM won`t sniff the playoffs for a couple more years.I do not dislike KM..I just remain skeptical of success until there is more consistent gameplay by him.He was not my choice for #1 pick but he is the QB and it is what it is.Murray is work in progress also.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lucked out with the dropped INT

I really think Drake being so new (while great) slowed down the offense. Kyler wanted to go uptempo more (according to his presser) but they had to huddle way more than they would have liked.

The middle of the field will ultimately determine if Kyler is GREAT or just decent.

There's a big gap because its so important in the game of football. He's going to have to stand in the pocket and deliver throws across the middle.

One of those sacks was because he didn't throw with anticipation to Charley Clay over the middle of the field (I think Buckner had the sack)

He's gotta be prepared to take the hits in order to get throws off.
I know its an issue because of his height, but they must invest in upgrading at Center and Guard.

We should/could theoretically be gashing teams because of our read option/fakes, etc.

A guy like RG3 threw to a lot of wide open WRs over the middle of the field because of play fakes his rookie year. Deshaun Watson thrives off of it. Mahomes toys with teams with it and he's not a runner. Cam Newton's MVP year benefitted from it.

We should be killing teams with the play fakes and quick slants/post combo.

Kliff needs to involve Kyler in the run more to bring defenders down and he's got to figure out a way to test the middle of the field.

Earler I said GREAT and I believe that. Because look what he's doing now without a lot talent around him, rookie HC and not really testing the middle of the field.

However, its the difference between Deshaun Watson and Marcus Mariota. We have to figure it out.

Hopefully Kliff being a forward thinking man integrates this into the game plan asap seeing the success of Drake on the ground.

Murray is a better thrower than Watson, Rg3 or Newton will still being far faster on the feet than Mahomes.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have watched Lamar at UL and the NFL.He is a work in progress.That said he has a 11-3 record as a starter and has 1 playoff game experience.KM won`t sniff the playoffs for a couple more years.I do not dislike KM..I just remain skeptical of success until there is more consistent gameplay by him.He was not my choice for #1 pick but he is the QB and it is what it is.Murray is work in progress also.

Lets be honest, we would be 0-8 team with anyone other than a qb in this past draft.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully Kliff being a forward thinking man integrates this into the game plan asap seeing the success of Drake on the ground.

Murray is a better thrower than Watson, Rg3 or Newton will still being far faster on the feet than Mahomes.
I disagree about Watson and Newton (at least when healthy) to a degree.

Primarily because those guys are willing to fit some passes into tight windows.

Kyler's the more talented thrower, but until we see him fit it to tight windows I can't say he's better than Watson.

The Isabella throw was pure **** it. However, if you notice even on that play he sort of waited a tad. Just got the arm talent to still make up for it.

He's got to anticipate better and be willing to trust his playmakers.

Now maybe Kliff is telling him to not truly trust them yet cause we can't overcome any potential turnovers.

However, his ultimate success needs to going for chunk yards. 49ers jumped one of those short passes. Again maybe thats on Klif but we've got to test more teams over the middle and vertically.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Since you immediately ran to question my comment it seems you took offense
I wonder why? Because you repeatedly find the littlest thing every week & almost daily to nitpick him? Oh no that wouldn’t be it lol

I’m surprised you haven’t criticized the hairs he has on his big toe yet:mrgreen:. Maybe next week

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder why? Because you repeatedly find the littlest thing every week & almost daily to nitpick him? Oh no that wouldn’t be it lol

I’m surprised you haven’t criticized the hairs he has on his big toe yet:mrgreen:. Maybe next week
Since you are one of the charter members of the Kyler can do no wrong club and rush to defend his honor at the slightest whiff of someone not kissing KMs ass it looks like you got the problem.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Since you are one of the charter members of the Kyler can do no wrong club and rush to defend his honor at the slightest whiff of someone not kissing KMs ass it looks like you got the problem.
The thing to remember about Lamar..

He made a huge jump from year 1 to year 2. Have you read the Ravens forums? They were very critical of him his rookie year and this offseason.

I say that as a fan of Lamar as well.

I think we gotta at least give Kyler to next season to truly judge. Hopefully he shows that improvement as well.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m just tired of your KM crybaby poo fest. Keep yapping it makes your hate keep growing young skywalker

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The thing to remember about Lamar..

He made a huge jump from year 1 to year 2. Have you read the Ravens forums? They were very critical of him his rookie year and this offseason.

Lamar has probably gotten more real coaching in his year and half at Baltimore than he got in 3 years at Louisville.He is still a work inb progress and when he was in college he was the entire offense..he didn`t have the talent around like some had.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very curious how Kyler looks/plays next year...but also against the 49ers in a couple weeks.

There's a trend going on since his 1st game against Texas and against Bama in the playoffs.

He starts off SLOW. I think part of is him not trusting his own ability to withstand punishmet and play against legit speed.

There's a chance that with a full year getting NFL training that he'll physically feel confident. Not afraid to run up field and throw into the teeth of a defense. Thats my hope. Not just the mental improvement but physically as well. When he runs with physical confidence he's gashed teams. When he's not it leads to sacks. Too busy trying to avoid sacks (not get hit) instead of throwing it away. Once he's decisive about when to move up and within the pocket we might have something.

49ers will be the first team to play him twice though. So he's going to have to switch some things up next game. Gotta adjust to their adjustments.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Very curious how Kyler looks/plays next year...but also against the 49ers in a couple weeks.

There's a trend going on since his 1st game against Texas and against Bama in the playoffs.

He starts off SLOW. I think part of is him not trusting his own ability to withstand punishmet and play against legit speed.

There's a chance that with a full year getting NFL training that he'll physically feel confident. Not afraid to run up field and throw into the teeth of a defense. Thats my hope. Not just the mental improvement but physically as well. When he runs with physical confidence he's gashed teams. When he's not it leads to sacks. Too busy trying to avoid sacks (not get hit) instead of throwing it away. Once he's decisive about when to move up and within the pocket we might have something.

49ers will be the first team to play him twice though. So he's going to have to switch some things up next game. Gotta adjust to their adjustments.

A work in progress for sure.Learning when to throw it away is a big hangup with all rookie QBs.Finding out that the NFL is faster,quicker and has better athletes takes time.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler posted a 34 QBR (raw)..

And its about right imo. Took some bad sacks, not enough 3rd down conversions.

One play doesn't dramatically change that.

However, factoring the caliber of defense he was playing it jumps up to 63.

That big of gap speaks to how good that 49ers defense is. Kyler "below average except for 1 play" is still above average/good in terms of Total QBR.

Here are the previous 7 QB's QBR against the 49ers

Name/Raw/Total

Kyler Allen 4.7/17.2
Case Keenum 25.9/(not active before less than 20 action plays)
Jared Goff 1.1/3.3
Baker Mayfield 1.4/5.4
Mason Rudolph 7.7/26
Andy Dalton 11.2/28.6
Jameis Winston 8.6/23.5

Kyler Murray 34.9/63

So yea Kyler was the best they faced all year.

Man..imagine if we got a stop on defense and he somehow led a game winning drive....would have been the biggest shock of the season

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Needs to be more aggressive. Thought it took a while for him to get comfortable in this game

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Needs to be more aggressive. Thought it took a while for him to get comfortable in this game
Both true, but if you look up my previous post you'd see Kyler had by far the best game a QB has had against this defense. They've been forcing QBs to have their worst games of the year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Both true, but if you look up my previous post you'd see Kyler had by far the best game a QB has had against this defense. They've been forcing QBs to have their worst games of the year.

Without the 88 yard TD pass, this game looks a lot different for Murray

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard