Kyler Murray is a Rookie

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean, you just can’t be taken seriously evaluating QBs when you leading the charge of dropping Rosen for Haskins.

Heh I almost posted the same comment in another thread.

73 QB Rating when pressured last year at OSU. If that doesnt tell you he sucks and his name should be Dwayne Dwayne Trashcans, I don't know what will.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Transcendent, generational talent. Far wiser than any rookie to every come through the NFL

Rookie? He’s teaching the vets the offense! That’s what these transcendent guys do. Keep listening to the clowns on 98.7

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
He can not be the problem and also not really be part of the solution that leads us to the promised land.
Mini-Mariota. No heart, no dog in him. Extremely soft and doesn’t like to compete.

But he’s REALLY mad about the loss...pouty and everything

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Heh I almost posted the same comment in another thread.

73 QB Rating when pressured last year at OSU. If that doesnt tell you he sucks and his name should be Dwayne Dwayne Trashcans, I don't know what will.
Why are you guys obsessed with Haskins play to try and justify Murray?

one has nothing to do with the other. I know Haskins has struggled.
murray has stunk it up for awhile and you’re on here trying to rip haskins to make yourself feel better about Murray.
Makes no sense to me. Murray was the #1 overall pick and a generational talent, right ?
Too bad an undrafted rookie played better than him.

But let’s look at what Haskins did instead, lol.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You have to say that several times a game. He makes rookie mistakes and the situation is aggravated by a rookie coach and very few playmakers. Most teams bringing in starting rookie QBs usually offer them more talent than a handful of rookie & sophomore receivers, no productive tight ends, RBs the coach doesn’t believe in and a porous line. Add in that line can’t run block. Murray will be fine if they get a GM who can get Murray some real hope.
It's deja vu all over again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nal..
Agree. He’s completely obsessed with the rush and not getting hit. But that’s understandable when you’re 5’9 190 playing in the nfl.

it’s just not what you want your QBs being obsessed with.
I'm sure if and when we can build an NFL quality oline around him he will become a little less obsessed..

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I think Harry is spot on with his assessment of Murray. He's a rookie who makes rookie mistakes with the added challenge of trying to overcome deficiencies at the offensive line and wide receiver positions. Murray definitely has to learn to avoid negative plays and hang in the pocket a little longer, but did anyone really think he wasn't going to have some growing pains?

It's pretty obvious now that we're in year 1 of what hopefully is a 3 year rebuild. We need three or four high quality roste upgrades on both sides of the ball and that's probably gonna take another 2 offseasons.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not ready to go "Mini-Mariota" (for my own mental well-being) but I haven't seen very much to get excited about from him moving forward. He has a LONG way to go to be anything better than average. Today's game was tougher for me that last weeks, because for me, alpha males & top competitors take a game like this over. Not only did Kyler not do this, but he looked overwhelmed for a majority of it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Harry is spot on with his assessment of Murray. He's a rookie who makes rookie mistakes with the added challenge of trying to overcome deficiencies at the offensive line and wide receiver positions. Murray definitely has to learn to avoid negative plays and hang in the pocket a little longer, but did anyone really think he wasn't going to have some growing pains?

It's pretty obvious now that we're in year 1 of what hopefully is a 3 year rebuild. We need three or four high quality roste upgrades on both sides of the ball and that's probably gonna take another 2 offseasons.

If this a 3 year rebuild why the heck Cardinals drafted a QB and wait until his rookie contract is over to put a real team around. I mean what kind of mad approach is that?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. He’s completely obsessed with the rush and not getting hit. But that’s understandable when you’re 5’9 190 playing in the nfl.

it’s just not what you want your QBs being obsessed with.

Sure but there's lots to work with. Remember he basically played 1 year in college and until a year ago he wasn't sure if he was a football player or a baseball player. Even though his dad is a QB coach there is SOME reason to expect him to get much better now that he's a full time football player.

I don't know if you saw any of the Washington game today but it was striking to me. Washington ran for over 100 yards, they gave up some sacks but they basically did a decent job protecting Haskins but he was just so slow to recognize the defense it was striking. they talked about it during the game when they committed to playing him they fundamentally changed their offense to be more run oriented to help Haskins, something Murray hasn't had. They don't have a great OL but they actually have several speedy WR's and several talented RB's including the ageless Peterson. But since Haskins became the QB the passing game has completely fallen apart because he's just nowhere near ready for the NFL.

So same draft class same lack of college experience but not even close in terms of how NFL read they are. I see Murray make throws every week, like the one to Johnson for the TD or the one off the run to Kirk for a diving first down that you can see he has NFL talent. I was going back and forth between Minnesota and Washington because I have Cook and Guice on my fantasy team so until Guice got hurt I was watching big chunks of that game. Haskins didn't make one throw in the game that impressed, not a single one. He's in that stage where if the guy isn't wide open he's afraid to let it go he doesn't trust what he sees. They're the same age same draft class similar college PT, but Murray is WAY ahead.

Jones with the Giants has talent but is very turnover prone, Murray turning it over of late but on the season has been quite good at protecting the ball. I think if we were going to take a QB, we took the right one. We just have to coach him up and put the right pieces around him.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
nal..

I'm sure if and when we can build an NFL quality oline around him he will become a little less obsessed..
I watch Josh Allen make plays with his legs all the time behind a bad OL.

I think Kyler is one of the most un-athletic athletic QBs I’ve seen. He almost never out runs a DE to escape the pocket and goes down like a JJ Arrington.
I hope he gets better but, right now, he’s JJ Arrington that can make an occasional throw.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude. The takes after a loss are something special.

We will be fine guys. Go hug a family member.
It's a time for the told ya so's to come out of the wood work.. but I get it, comes with the territory. I just have to change the way I see it it about them being a little extra when it comes to Kyler and his development.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys obsessed with Haskins play to try and justify Murray?

one has nothing to do with the other. I know Haskins has struggled.
murray has stunk it up for awhile and you’re on here trying to rip haskins to make yourself feel better about Murray.
Makes no sense to me. Murray was the #1 overall pick and a generational talent, right ?
Too bad an undrafted rookie played better than him.

But let’s look at what Haskins did instead, lol.

Because generally speaking the only 2 rookie QB's in the NFL that were openly discussed on this board pre draft were Murray and Haskins.

They had very similar college experience except that Murray played baseball too, but Murray is light years ahead of Haskins right now.

he's not played well at all the last 2 weeks but at least we don't have an announcer on national tv openly suggesting Kyler is faking a limp hoping the coach will take him out of the game which happened today in the Washington game with haskins. Kyler was very confused today by Pittsburgh, threw a terrible INT in the endzone, played very poorly and still looked dramatically better than Haskins.

if we had traded down and picked Haskins I don't think he'd even be playing for us, I think it's pretty obvious right now why Gruden wasn't playing him, he was protecting the kid because he knew he was nowhere near ready, Kyler hasn't gotten that he has been the starter from the second he signed.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Kyler is one of the most un-athletic athletic QBs I’ve seen. He almost never out runs a DE to escape the pocket and goes down like a JJ Arrington.
I hope he gets better but, right now, he’s JJ Arrington that can make an occasional throw.
So you want your QB risking injury like Watson and Allen? I don't. And your take on his athleticism is just strange. But it's your take. :)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That’s a good one.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I was watching Washington game and the announcer said no such thing.

he did say Haskins should be pulled at the start of the 2nd half because he couldn’t put weight on his ankle, couldn’t step up in the pocket, and was basically immobile back there.

but, again, why are we discussing Haskins? Has nothing to do with Murray.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard