Kyler Murray is a Rookie

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You have to say that several times a game. He makes rookie mistakes and the situation is aggravated by a rookie coach and very few playmakers. Most teams bringing in starting rookie QBs usually offer them more talent than a handful of rookie & sophomore receivers, no productive tight ends, RBs the coach doesn’t believe in and a porous line. Add in that line can’t run block. Murray will be fine if they get a GM who can get Murray some real hope.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That is not going to happen before Murray wants to move on from Cardinals.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Murray is the least of my concerns. How bout an offensive line, WR who can get separation or a defense that can actually get a stop or turnover when we need it

Whoa whoa whoa, football competence? That's asking an awful lot from this team.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Best rookie QB ever for the Cardinals franchise, set NFL rookie records, and we are far better off with him than Josh Rosen.

Murray is not the problem...he is a huge part of the solution.
He can not be the problem and also not really be part of the solution that leads us to the promised land.
Mini-Mariota. No heart, no dog in him. Extremely soft and doesn’t like to compete.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Murray runs right into sacks sometimes and it’s getting pretty old. There was a play in the first half where DJ humphries had Dupree blocked but Murray ran up into the pocket and Dupree immediately sacked him cuz Humphries was trying to block the other way.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well...... As one of the leaders of the generational talent bandwagon, he still does things that make me scratch my head.

With that being said...... He is nowhere near our biggest issue. We need to fix our lines, and learn how to throw more vertically more often.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has to learn to step up, and he has to be tougher.

For a kid who barely played in college some of that is understandable, the concern is the last 2 games the pressure up the middle has been great, and he's been completely panicked by it.

That said look if you watched any of the Washington game today you saw how much farther along Kyler is than Dwayne Haskins is. Similar lack of experience in college, has the prototype NFL size, big arm but he has a very long delivery, isn't accurate, and he's frankly not that athletic. I think he actually was hurt today but at one point during the game one of the announcers called him out said if he's really hurt as much as he's making ti look, limping on handoffs, he should sit down, if he's not he needs to stop it. The implication was obvious he thought Haskins was faking a limp to try and get pulled out of the game.

Murray is very small and I think he needs to learn he can take off and run and get down and protect himself and still get the first down. At least I've never found myself watching him and thinking is he faking a limp to try and get off the field?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also..... The year 1 to year 2 jump is a real thing. And this offseason is going to be huge for K1 & K2
Good luck trying to teach Murray to not drop his eyes, slide up into pocket, and deliver the throw while getting hit. If Murray can do it he will take the next step. Are we sure Murray can do it?

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He has to learn to step up, and he has to be tougher.

For a kid who barely played in college some of that is understandable, the concern is the last 2 games the pressure up the middle has been great, and he's been completely panicked by it.

That said look if you watched any of the Washington game today you saw how much farther along Kyler is than Dwayne Haskins is. Similar lack of experience in college, has the prototype NFL size, big arm but he has a very long delivery, isn't accurate, and he's frankly not that athletic. I think he actually was hurt today but at one point during the game one of the announcers called him out said if he's really hurt as much as he's making ti look, limping on handoffs, he should sit down, if he's not he needs to stop it. The implication was obvious he thought Haskins was faking a limp to try and get pulled out of the game.

Murray is very small and I think he needs to learn he can take off and run and get down and protect himself and still get the first down. At least I've never found myself watching him and thinking is he faking a limp to try and get off the field?
Agree. He’s completely obsessed with the rush and not getting hit. But that’s understandable when you’re 5’9 190 playing in the nfl.

it’s just not what you want your QBs being obsessed with.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I understand you’re being sarcastic about preseason opinions of some people, but it’s just funny because you were wrong too.

Yet here you are making fun of others.
Who am I making fun of?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen