Kurt will take less to give money to Q.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Along with Dansby that's 28M in cap hit. I thought we had 40M+ to distribute?
Well from what I've seen we were just under $30M. We may be one of the teams that received an extra $4M tho. If so add 4 to that to make it $12-13M. :shrug:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
-Warner says it would be nice to be one of the top five highest paid quarterbacks in the NFL. Warner stresses that he wants to be compensated fairly and that he has played in Arizona with a contract below market value and now it's time to be paid according to his value.
How is that being translated to "overpaid" by some?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Well if he was in his late 20-mid 30s, I'd be ok with giving him a max contract. This may be his final contract tho.
I don't see how it's not his final contract but that doesn't really explain why he shouldn't be paid for how he's producing. His salary was $8M in 2008 and many people see to think that he shouldn't get any more than that. If it's his final payday and the league is going into an uncapped year and he wants a little security in keeping his job how does a lateral contract seem justified?

I still think he's waiting to see what happens with Boldin though.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm on record as just wanting to move on.

If Matt sucks then we get a high draft pick and we get us a new QB, if not we're good, no worries and no overpaying, 8 mil or beat it IMO.

spyboots

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok here's a novel idea then. Let's sit Kurt, Q and Fitz all down in front of each other. Tell Kurt and Fitz that you both said you'd take money out of your own pockets to give to Q so let's make this work.

Everyone get's $8 million and you guys can all play in the same sand box. Just for the heck of it, let's televise the meeting as well.

:)

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kerry Collins has just re-signed with the Titans for two years (15M) 8.5 guaranteed.

That's the marketplace addressing 37/38 year old QBs coming off a good year.

Cards offer of 20 million seems both fair and sensible.

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
-kurt you're dumb. you're not worth the 14-16 mil you/your agent are asking for.

-contracts don't work based on other players..unless you're paying Q the 2mil out of your pocket, then don't talk nonsense. you just want to be surrounded by great recievers, do you think you could put up the numbers you did last year without the trio you had? i doubt it.

-even with 2mil less..12-14mil is too much for a 38 year old qb. i used to have respect out the roof for you, but it has fallen drastically.

-good luck to whatever you decide to do

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't see how it's not his final contract but that doesn't really explain why he shouldn't be paid for how he's producing. His salary was $8M in 2008 and many people see to think that he shouldn't get any more than that. If it's his final payday and the league is going into an uncapped year and he wants a little security in keeping his job how does a lateral contract seem justified?

I still think he's waiting to see what happens with Boldin though.

If he's looking for that 14-16 million per year contract he's reportedly looking for, then he's certainly overpricing himself. Yes, we should pony up and give him a sweet contract to end his career. He's probably only worth a 1-year deal right now around 8-10 because of his age. We can and should offer 10-12 out of fairness. We're idiots to pay him more.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting mad and my mind is going nuts about Kurt's asking price. Kurt, you want $14M? And what? You are going to take less to give to Q? Okay here is your $14M and please give $4M to Q and make sure he shows up every game next year. Q you happy? You morons! AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Stop looking at his age and look at his capabilities. He's shown that he can still play at the highest level. Pay him accordind to his skill level. Anyone thinking that Kerry Collins is on the same level as Kurt Warner needs to have more sessions with their therapist. Is Matt Leinart ready to take control of this team? I don't know, but I know Kurt has complete control and that's how I would pursue it. I would definately get Matt playing time, but I'm still wanting another chance at that championship. I would offer 12mil and tell Warner that we need to redo Boldin. I tink that would get it done. Another priority would be to sign Dansby to a long term contract in order to take that hit off of this years cap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard