Korey Cunningham

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hi all.

I missed the game today. Can somebody please tell me how he did. Really hoping he sticks. Thanks.
I think pretty decent, but did have at least 1 false start and 1 holding penalty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
A rook playing out of position, not bad for 3 games now. That’s impressive for a 7th

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He did allow a sack. Was on the gaming winning series that set them back 10 yards. Other then that he seemed to play ok.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Left tackle is Cunningham's position. That's what he played most in college and started the year as third string left tackle for the Cardinals.

If Cunningham can hold up against better pass rushers than he's seen to date, keeping him on the left side might be the best option as Humphries is often injured.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought he had a good game overall but it looked like guys were able to get him on a quick inside move. I think that's what happened on both his holding calls. Plus I saw a couple more plays where he got juked inside and got away with grabbing his guy to stop the sack. So I guess that's something he needs to work on.

There was one play at the beginning of the game where Clay Matthews put everything he had into a power spin move. I'm sure he thought he would school the rookie and get an easy sack. But Korey snuffed it out like a champ. I was proud of him on that one.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had another rookie mistake late in the game where he got beat with an inside move that ended up in a sack on 1st down. Luckily Rosen was able to convert on a long 3rd down pass to Fitz to make up for that and a few other errors.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
He had another rookie mistake late in the game where he got beat with an inside move that ended up in a sack on 1st down. Luckily Rosen was able to convert on a long 3rd down pass to Fitz to make up for that and a few other errors.

I’m pretty sure that was the LG Gossett. After he got by Gossett, Cunningham tried to get him at the last second but it was too late. If this is the play I’m thinking of.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about him in college? Wondering what the report was on him. Finding a diamond in the rough like that on a cheap contract would be huge.

Also, wasnt he #79 that had like 3 penalties? Im okay with that for a rookie being thrust in there but just saying...

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that was the LG Gossett. After he got by Gossett, Cunningham tried to get him at the last second but it was too late. If this is the play I’m thinking of.

Yep, I remember that was one play where I watched the left side of the line. Gossety got beat by inside swim, i think, after a couple of steps.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about him in college? Wondering what the report was on him. Finding a diamond in the rough like that on a cheap contract would be huge.

Also, wasnt he #79 that had like 3 penalties? Im okay with that for a rookie being thrust in there but just saying...
Yulp.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I'll have to rewatch it to see what really happened.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Short arm'd guy. Didn't allow a sack his senior year. Tested ok. Good knee bend. Good at redirecting. Not overly athletic.

Honestly, we could probably pencil him in at RT next year and be fine. Like most guys, he needs help. His shorter arms cause him to turn his shoulders a bit vs outside rushers which is how he was getting faked by GB who used hard inside counters against him. He has the strength to anchor and pass guys off which is good and he has showed the ability to get to the second level and hit someone.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In stature and build, he reminds me EXACTLY of Levi Brown.

Except arms are 1" shorter.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So Cunningham was going to take the outside man and the GB defender stayed so the Cunningham was going back in to help, but the Gossett already got burned so he couldn't get there in time. So the sack wasn't on Cunningham, it was Gossett.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He is a good depth guy playing before he really should be. Guess we can see if he develops in the offseason but his presence shouldn’t make the team think twice about adding a veteran OT this offseason.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave