Kirk Done for Season. Headed to IR *Updated*

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Depends on the joint. I broke my foot and suffered torn ligaments on Cinco de Mayo. Still not able to run and have ZERO explosion there (I'd run a marathon the month before the injury).

Sometimes you can dislocate a finger and pop it back in; the joints are already flexible. There are foot joints that only move 5º that could be devestating.
A what?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the joint. I broke my foot and suffered torn ligaments on Cinco de Mayo. Still not able to run and have ZERO explosion there (I'd run a marathon the month before the injury).

Sometimes you can dislocate a finger and pop it back in; the joints are already flexible. There are foot joints that only move 5º that could be devestating.
Maybe just what exactly dislocated matters the most.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Very disappointed to see that N’Keal Harry is skipping the Las Vegas Bowl. I was thinking that he might be an ideal fit alongside Kirk. But not playing in a bowl game is a huge red flag for me. We need depth at receiver very badly. If Fitzgerald is gone it’s by far our number one concern

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Jaron Brown had 2 TDs for the Hags yesterday. I get it why they decided to move on from him, but jeez, with the roster as thin as it was at WR, they probably should have kept him.

N'Keal Harry would be a nice addition next year, but if they can't land him, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside from Stanford would be a nice consolation prize, and will likely be drafted a bit later. That dude is another Larry Fitz.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Very disappointed to see that N’Keal Harry is skipping the Las Vegas Bowl. I was thinking that he might be an ideal fit alongside Kirk. But not playing in a bowl game is a huge red flag for me. We need depth at receiver very badly. If Fitzgerald is gone it’s by far our number one concern
It is the new normal.. and guys have gotten serious injuries in bowl games (Willis McGahee and Jaylon Smith)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It is the new normal.. and guys have gotten serious injuries in bowl games (Willis McGahee and Jaylon Smith)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Don’t care if it’s the new normal. You don’t quit on your team. Bad sign. We are not in a position to mentor a player who takes games off.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So, no N'Keal Harry, but sign Mike McCarthy tomorrow... got it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Yes. And we don’t have to worry about Nkemdiche’s contract this offseason like you adamantly stated, Got it

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Jaron Brown had 2 TDs for the Hags yesterday. I get it why they decided to move on from him, but jeez, with the roster as thin as it was at WR, they probably should have kept him.

N'Keal Harry would be a nice addition next year, but if they can't land him, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside from Stanford would be a nice consolation prize, and will likely be drafted a bit later. That dude is another Larry Fitz.
Jaron Brown had 2 catches on 4 targets in the 8 games prior. Granted they were both for TDs, but I don't think he would've helped a whole lot here. I would rather have kept him then JJ, especially since we don't even take the occasional deep shot with him anymore.

Even John Brown has come back to earth over the last five games, 8-93 O TDs. I think all three of the mentioned guys were products of BA offense and him knowing how to use each of them.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t care if it’s the new normal. You don’t quit on your team. Bad sign. We are not in a position to mentor a player who takes games off.
Yes because him not playing in a meaningless game(which in it self inserts a younger player to get more experience) to preserve himself from possibly a crucial injury which would massively increases his chances of losing millions for him & his family is a very bad thing. I’m sure his teammates are furious.

Gotta get out of this old man mindset.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

I just bumped your post about it

Isn't this only his 3rd year? Isn't he on a 4 year deal with 5th year team option?

Big Ron in OC asked me when he mentioned Nkemdiche’s contract. Here it is

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I just bumped your post about it

Isn't this only his 3rd year? Isn't he on a 4 year deal with 5th year team option?

Big Ron in OC asked me when he mentioned Nkemdiche’s contract. Here it is
Yup, 2 questions. Nothing adamantly stated.

Thanks for playing, though.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I'm old but it is the new norm. Who really cares about the Las Vegas Bowl? ASU HC Herm Edwards advised him to sit it out.

^This

As an ASU fan I have no problem with it. If we were playing in the Rose Bowl I'd feel differently, but N'Keal wouldn't sit out a game of that caliber anyways. Kid is a fierce competitor and hard worker. Anyone who judges him based on skipping the Vegas Bowl doesn't understand him or the situation.

FWIW - Fresno State's starting RB is sitting out the game as well. As previously mentioned, it's the new norm.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

id have kept Jaron all day. He is mediocre and a valuable #3/#4. On our team he would have been #3 all year and I bet we would be better.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
id have kept Jaron all day. He is mediocre and a valuable #3/#4. On our team he would have been #3 all year and I bet we would be better.

I think we expected Chad Williams to be Jaron Brown with a higher ceiling.

The biggest indictment of Keim is that he thought he'd done enough at WR by signing Greg Little and Brice Butler. He must've been sniffing his own farts pretty deeply.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why? Bowl games outside of those for the National Championship are exhibition games. Why would you risk your future earnings for an exhibition game unless you felt it would elevate your stock?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think we expected Chad Williams to be Jaron Brown with a higher ceiling.

The biggest indictment of Keim is that he thought he'd done enough at WR by signing Greg Little and Brice Butler. He must've been sniffing his own farts pretty deeply.
The problem with these types of moves is that you only get credit if they work. No one looks at them if they don't pan out and say "well, he did his best to improve the position".