Kings at Suns 4-11-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kings will play at the Suns tonight with a 7 P.m. Arizona start time.

I wonder if the Suns will rest anyone considering the following:

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 14m14 minutes ago

DeMarcus Cousins, Darren Collison and Rajon Rondo will not play #SunsVsKings tonight to rest. Also out hurt: Marco Bellinelli & Omri Casspi.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns should just shoot half there shots from half court that would guarantee a loss:)

It saddens me to be rooting for the suns to lose though....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns should just shoot half there shots from half court that would guarantee a loss:)

It saddens me to be rooting for the suns to lose though....

Losing does not benefit the Suns anymore. Enjoy the game win or lose.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm missing Archie. He would explode in a game like this tonight.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Toronto will rest against brooklyn, hopefully nets can actually win a game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final: Kings 105 Suns 101

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Although I don't agree with the sentiment, I could understand you guys liking the couple Pyrrhic victories that cost us percentage chances at the #s 1 or 2 picks in the draft if the Suns were stringing along wins as they headed for summer as a moral momentum kinda thing, but that concept seems to go in the trash when they lose the second to last game to a team seemingly devoid of all nba level talent as they sit all their good players. Oh and our young guns (Len and booker) went 15-38. Yuck. I'm confident booked will be good. But man lens shooting percentages have me concerned.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I don't agree with the sentiment, I could understand you guys liking the couple Pyrrhic victories that cost us percentage chances at the #s 1 or 2 picks in the draft if the Suns were stringing along wins as they headed for summer as a moral momentum kinda thing, but that concept seems to go in the trash when they lose the second to last game to a team seemingly devoid of all nba level talent as they sit all their good players. Oh and our young guns (Len and booker) went 15-38. Yuck. I'm confident booked will be good. But man lens shooting percentages have me concerned.

I think most posters (including me) would prefer a better chance at the #1 or #2 picks but it didn't happen. The same posters would have preferred the Suns lost to the Rockets and Pelicans but here we are.

If memory serves me correctly (I'm shaky here), didn't QB Josh McCown throw a game winning pass that cost the Cardinals draft position.

It's hard to figure sometimes.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns should have been playing their D league team for the last month if they cared at all about their future.

And that pass by McCown gave us two gifts - one of the great highlights in Arizona Cardinals history - and about a 10 million dollar savings for the team. They went from first to third in the draft because of that one play. Reports at the time say they would have taken Larry Fitz in either spot, so they got their guy and saved a big pile of money on his first contract by doing so. People nowadays try to say they should have drafted Eli, but he wouldn't have come here any more than he would have gone to San Diego. It's okay either way, we got the greatest player in Cardinals history with our pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think most fans were like me. I enjoyed the wins but I would have liked a loss even more. I'd prefer the 3rd best chance over the 4th best chance, anyone would. But I think it's unreasonable to expect even a tanking team to lose every game. None of them ever do and we're no different. We weren't always in 3rd, other teams had to win games to let us move into that spot. As for Len, we won't always be using him as a power forward (I hope).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think most fans were like me. I enjoyed the wins but I would have liked a loss even more. I'd prefer the 3rd best chance over the 4th best chance, anyone would. But I think it's unreasonable to expect even a tanking team to lose every game. None of them ever do and we're no different. We weren't always in 3rd, other teams had to win games to let us move into that spot. As for Len, we won't always be using him as a power forward (I hope).

Yes this. Yeah, I would have liked a loss more in those games, but I am not going get twisted about it. It's still mostly about chance anyway.

Errntknght

Reaction score
We can still end in a tie with the Nets - Toronto's playoff position is set and they may elect to rest everyone and force a win on the Nets. The same could well happen with Clips against us and probably will but their bench may beat us. The odds favor the Nets but our hopes are still alive. We will probably lose the coin toss if it comes to that - we have a history of doing so - but we still have a better chance at 1 & 2, which is the main thing in this draft.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the league closely monitors interactions between the Nets and Celtics over the next few years. A team rolling over as bad as they have when their own pick is going to a division rival is flat out bizarre.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think most posters (including me) would prefer a better chance at the #1 or #2 picks but it didn't happen. The same posters would have preferred the Suns lost to the Rockets and Pelicans but here we are.

If memory serves me correctly (I'm shaky here), didn't QB Josh McCown throw a game winning pass that cost the Cardinals draft position.

It's hard to figure sometimes.

Yup. Cheese and I were lamenting that throw to Poole as well. That was worse because it had a direct effect on draft position rather than just hurting the percentage handed at a better position.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the league closely monitors interactions between the Nets and Celtics over the next few years. A team rolling over as bad as they have when their own pick is going to a division rival is flat out bizarre.

Injured players notwithstanding did they really sit anyone besides Brook and Young? Sitting Brook is a no-brainer considering his career-long health issues. There's not much reason to play Thaddeus either. They don't have any talent coming in through the draft so the best they can hope for is to find and develop some D Leaguers.

I could see the Nets being desperate enough to collude but I can't buy it with Boston. They'd risk far too much for far too little gain especially since there doesn't appear to be a Lebron or Duncan in this draft class, probably not even a Wiggins. If the League gets involved in anything I'd think it might be with Sacramento. Not to investigate but to encourage them to take their final game at Houston seriously.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Injured players notwithstanding did they really sit anyone besides Brook and Young? Sitting Brook is a no-brainer considering his career-long health issues. There's not much reason to play Thaddeus either. They don't have any talent coming in through the draft so the best they can hope for is to find and develop some D Leaguers.

I could see the Nets being desperate enough to collude but I can't buy it with Boston. They'd risk far too much for far too little gain especially since there doesn't appear to be a Lebron or Duncan in this draft class, probably not even a Wiggins. If the League gets involved in anything I'd think it might be with Sacramento. Not to investigate but to encourage them to take their final game at Houston seriously.

I don't think its collusion. Its just that the Nets know they can't win and don't care who benefits. They are not motivated to hurt Boston, and winning doesn't help the Nets. So competition be _______________.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Maybe we could bring back Seth Curry.

I would have to think that we need a backup or 3rd string PG in the summer.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We can still end in a tie with the Nets - Toronto's playoff position is set and they may elect to rest everyone and force a win on the Nets. The same could well happen with Clips against us and probably will but their bench may beat us. The odds favor the Nets but our hopes are still alive. We will probably lose the coin toss if it comes to that - we have a history of doing so - but we still have a better chance at 1 & 2, which is the main thing in this draft.

Similar to the Nets sitting Young and Lopez, the Suns should have shut down Chandler and Tucker.

As a matter of fact, the Suns have more reason than the Nets to sit Chandler and Tucker than they did to sit Lopez and Young.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard