Kevin Kolb

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta give the guy some props, and definitely think he deserves his own thread today.

17 of 24, 222 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 127.4 QB rating.

Was so happy to see him have a great game and get a win against his former team.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Excellent game against a good defense. With our defense, you take those numbers every week if you can get them!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just Sports has his jersey for $30.00 in the discount rack right now. I wonder if they are going to pull them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Kolb can consistently play like this, we may be a legit playoff contender.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word. I have never embraced Kolb since he came here, but the dude's been playing well lately. Keep it up!

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some dude in my section was wearing an Eagles Kolb jersey today. I think he was confused.

Reaction score
Kolb has done a very good job - played within himself, not trying to do to much, making the smart play, no turnovers!

Well done! Regardless of how you feel about Kolb/Skelton - you've got to love how they both are handling the situation as TEAM players!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I was going to start a similar thread.

Kolb is making a believer out of me. He is the clear cut starter right now, and was was on the Skelton ban wagon.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Blok is getting the job done, and his stats should have been better. He hit Ryan Williams, and Early Doucet right in the hands, and they dropped it.

Double Deuce is still my guy, but I cannot see how the Cardinals sit Blok. The guy is winning and that is all that matters.

#1 key for Kolb's success ? Stepping up in the pocket. He has made some big plays big doing that. His only poor drive of the day is when he did his old "chicken with the head cut off routine"

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is managing the game better and is not looking scared any more. Much improved. Hope he can continue to build on this.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think one should not really limit their approval of a QB by going "he is not very good, but he is a good game manager". If you think about it from a team standpoint and the traditional role of the position, that is exactly what the QB position was drawn up to be in football...hence a good game manager at the position, is a good QB. Kolb and especially Alex Smith have been good QBs. The game has changed over the years to endorse a high scoring game through the air where the QB becomes the star above others, but in the essence of the position it was never meant to be the main focus of scoring.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I"m almost wondering if Kolb went to hypnosis and the therapist just told him step up Kevin, step up. It's remarkable every now and then he'll lapse back but the difference is stunning. He has simply made that one change step up in the pocket instead of back or right and it's completely changed his performance.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
This was the first game where he didn't leave any throws on the table. He made the ones he had too including the brilliant bomb to Fitz to make it 17-0. More importantly his slants were right on the money and guys were catching balls with zip in stride. It's been two years since I could say that.

Really happy for Kevin. This is the guy I thought we were getting. Gotta stay healthy but if he does hell improve game to game. his confidence is growing by the minute.

Doesn't look like we have the worst QB situation in the league anymore now does it???

Saying all that these 3 wins all lay at the feet of the defense and Horton. When Wilson was inactive I know I wasn't the only fan who gulped. injury like that would have KILLED us in years past. not anymore. goes without saying but This is the best Cardinals defense of my lifetime.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
This picture makes him look like he's standing in someone's intestines.

I hope Kolb can keep playing within himself. We don't need him to be a guy that throws for 350 yards a game. We need him to be a guy that limits mistakes and takes what is given...just like it appears he did yesterday. Good on Kolb.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This picture makes him look like he's standing in someone's intestines.

I hope Kolb can keep playing within himself. We don't need him to be a guy that throws for 350 yards a game. We need him to be a guy that limits mistakes and takes what is given...just like it appears he did yesterday. Good on Kolb.

Yup.. I would go so far as to say that if Kolb does throw for 350 yds, our chances of winning go way down...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's remarkable every now and then he'll lapse back but the difference is stunning. He has simply made that one change step up in the pocket instead of back or right and it's completely changed his performance.
It's HUGE. ...but completely unsurprising. If schmucks like us can identify his problem, then professional coaches should be be able to fix it, IMO. Kudos to them to being able to successfully make the adjustment.

(fingers crossed that it sticks)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very happy he is playing better than I thought he was capable of!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson