Kenyan Drake giving it to Mitch

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would bring him back. We can't trust DJ anymore and we need a bigger back to pair with Chase. His quickness was night and day with DJ. I don't see the problem as long as it's not an overpay.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I cannot imagine how Dolphins fans must feel about how much talent they pissed away under a wildly incompetent coach.

I also cannot fathom the dread that Jets fans must be feeling know they've got another year wasted on the horizon. Jamal Adams, arguably the best safety in the league, Bell, a multi-talented RB... Gase seems to be going out of his way to poison the relationship with these players. Some people get in a position of power and then use that power to project blame rather than build a shared legacy of success, Adam Gase is one of those people.

The Jets hiring Gase as a head coach, to me, would be like if the Cardinals hired Jeff Fisher or Jim Tomsula. A move so revolting that I'd have to choose between bitching about it until I got an ulcer or just checking out completely for a year or 2.
Bell came out and says he's committed to staying with the Jets. Adams' problem was that the FO was listening to offers for him. This doesn't make much sense.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
"If the price tag drops and Arizona can re-sign Drake on a one-year deal in the $3.5 million range, I'd vote for the Cardinals to retain the 26-year-old, but this team has too many problems elsewhere to go overboard."

This...so much this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, let's ignore that he had 8 TDs rushing and receiving in those nine games, and more than 100 yards receiving.
I have no idea why you included this paragraph. It directly undermines your argument. Drake had 8 rushing TDS in 8 games and 171 receiving yards. Both better than Henry. ?!?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not just about YPC though. Sony saw the field. He produced more yards. I'm not saying I'd rather have him, but he was essentially as pedestrian as Drake.
Um, YPC should matter the most. Sony produced more yards with a lot more attempts. That’s like me saying “Well, Russell Westbrook & James Harden had a similar game performance with Russ going 12/20 & Harden going 14/31.” Harden had a few more FGs made, but it took him a lot more attempts to do it.

Efficiency matters. Kenyan, overall, was efficient the past season. Sony wasn’t at all.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have no idea why you included this paragraph. It directly undermines your argument. Drake had 8 rushing TDS in 8 games and 171 receiving yards. Both better than Henry. ?!?
Are you reading the discussion? Slanidrac's trying to say that Kenyan Drake's mediocre production is somehow okay because Derrick Henry had nine games to start the season that weren't over 100 yards, and is somehow saying that's "bad." 50% of Kenyan Drake's TD production came in one game, and he was a non-factor in most of his games.

We're sitting here for some reason comparing Henry's weaker half of the season to Kenyan Drake's "good" part of the season, and Henry still dominates in terms of being a factor in almost every game.

For some reason we're completely fine with stripping Henry's absolutely awesome second half of the season to make a point I don't even understand. Henry had a dominant season and produced in all but one game.

Kenyan had three good games. Henry consistently outproduced him all season long. He had two games under 50 yards. Drake had 9.

It is absolutely ridiculous in any way to pretend Kenyan Drake had a back half of a season that compared to any similar stretch by Henry.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Um, YPC should matter the most. Sony produced more yards with a lot more attempts. That’s like me saying “Well, Russell Westbrook & James Harden had a similar game performance with Russ going 12/20 & Harden going 14/31.” Harden had a few more FGs made, but it took him a lot more attempts to do it.

Efficiency matters. Kenyan, overall, was efficient the past season. Sony wasn’t at all.
You're not wrong. Kenyan still isn't very good, and efficiency means very little if the dude is only going to get the ball 12 times a game. Like, good on him I guess for getting over four yards a carry in the second SF game, but he didn't score, he was a non-factor on most drives, and we lost. Moral victory again, I guess. But no actual production that helps us win a game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you reading the discussion? Slanidrac's trying to say that Kenyan Drake's mediocre production is somehow okay because Derrick Henry had nine games to start the season that weren't over 100 yards, and is somehow saying that's "bad." 50% of Kenyan Drake's TD production came in one game, and he was a non-factor in most of his games.

We're sitting here for some reason comparing Henry's weaker half of the season to Kenyan Drake's "good" part of the season, and Henry still dominates in terms of being a factor in almost every game.

For some reason we're completely fine with stripping Henry's absolutely awesome second half of the season to make a point I don't even understand. Henry had a dominant season and produced in all but one game.

Kenyan had three good games. Henry consistently outproduced him all season long. He had two games under 50 yards. Drake had 9.

It is absolutely ridiculous in any way to pretend Kenyan Drake had a back half of a season that compared to any similar stretch by Henry.
No you are flat out wrong on my point and I even said Drake was no Derrick Henry.

my point was that Drake had very decent numbers for his limited time here behind a less than stellar o-line which I know you believe is a fact. It’s a fact that great running backs have sub par games. You want to pick the games that Drake was less than superman so I did the same with Henry.

I also want to add that I believe a team needs 3 decent backs. Drake is decent. Edmonds is decent but can’t carry the load by himself, DJ can’t be counted on at this time other than our 3rd back. You seem to think we can simply let people walk away from this team and plug in a name and all will be better.

if you could see into the future and in 2020 and Drake would have 1200 yards rushing, 350 yards receiving with 10 tds, would that make you happy. Somehow I think not. You are simply convinced he won’t amount to a hill of beans. So be it. But please don’t tell me “ just draft a rb” and everything will be just fine.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No you are flat out wrong on my point and I even said Drake was no Derrick Henry.

my point was that Drake had very decent numbers for his limited time here behind a less than stellar o-line which I know you believe is a fact. It’s a fact that great running backs have sub par games. You want to pick the games that Drake was less than superman so I did the same with Henry.

I also want to add that I believe a team needs 3 decent backs. Drake is decent. Edmonds is decent but can’t carry the load by himself, DJ can’t be counted on at this time other than our 3rd back. You seem to think we can simply let people walk away from this team and plug in a name and all will be better.

if you could see into the future and in 2020 and Drake would have 1200 yards rushing, 350 yards receiving with 10 tds, would that make you happy. Somehow I think not. You are simply convinced he won’t amount to a hill of beans. So be it. But please don’t tell me “ just draft a rb” and everything will be just fine.
If I could see into the future and he did that, of course I would sign him.

...if you could look into the future and for the next four years he ran for 179, 644, 535, and 844 yards, would you be happy? Because that's what this player has done.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're not wrong. Kenyan still isn't very good, and efficiency means very little if the dude is only going to get the ball 12 times a game. Like, good on him I guess for getting over four yards a carry in the second SF game, but he didn't score, he was a non-factor on most drives, and we lost. Moral victory again, I guess. But no actual production that helps us win a game.
I don’t necessarily think KD is very good either, but you’re acting like the dude is a damn bum & it’s just so confusing.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

...if you could look into the future and for the next four years he ran for 179, 644, 535, and 844 yards, would you be happy? Because that's what this player has done.

So, what you're saying is that he will become a rookie again and hamper his ability to perform, be misused for two years in a offense, and then only play like half the season because of a I guess a injury to get the stats he did with us... really, just refrain with proving your points if this is your logic

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t necessarily think KD is very good either, but you’re acting like the dude is a damn bum & it’s just so confusing.
He's just a backup/role player who wants to get paid. He's not a "bum," but he's also not the key to unlocking this offense.

So, what you're saying is that he will become a rookie again and hamper his ability to perform, be misused for two years in a offense, and then only play like half the season because of a I guess a injury to get the stats he did with us... really, just refrain with proving your points if this is your logic
I don't know why you're so convinced players and coaches are going to be something they have never been. Seriously, I would get this line of thinking if Kenyan Drake had some awesome year a year or two prior and then a coaching staff came in and he was poorly utilized, but he's never been good. It's not like we have a small sample size - he has played in 62 games.

All I'm doing is pointing out what he has been. The Drake fans are the ones expecting him to be something he isn't.

I really don't have a problem if we sign him for one year to a low value contract. I do have a problem if we commit 3-4 years to this guy, since I firmly believe he is going to get his payday and then become exactly who he has been his entire career.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't know if I saw an Arizona Cardinals rb in 15 years being on pace of 1400 yards and 16 tds
But he is a called a back up rb
I don’t know that I’ve seen this board go so crazy for a player in the past 15 years whose “pace” would be absolutely ruined if not for one long run and one game with four TDs.

I’m gonna need someone to buy me a pair of whatever rose colored glasses you all own.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you ever wonder why so many people do I Debate you?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sony’s YPC was a whole 1.5 short compared to Drake while having less TDs while actually having an offseason knowledge of his team’s playbook. Lmao, good Lord, man.

Speaking of which, I knew Sony was bad this season, but damn, I didn’t realize he was this bad.

I cant believe he would even argue that Michel was more conistent....maybe more consistently sucky.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Do you ever wonder why so many people do I Debate you?
No, I don't. Lots of people who post here are uncomfortable feeling bad about the team. I used to be one. Keim has broken my spirit, though. Up until last year, I'd have shouted to the world that guys like Drake were really super great and they just didn't watch the team or understand. I thought Wilks might not be wonderful, but we still had a decent roster and he had put together some decent teams in Carolina. I was woefully wrong.

I couldn't disagree more with our course correction, and it's yet to prove anything. In March I could potentially feel a lot better, but today I'm still stuck on how bad this team was.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good running backs don't get shelved in games where they should be needed.

They do in Kliff Kingsbury's offense. There were numerous times he stopped using the run and went pass heavy because that's his tendency and another thing he needs to fix.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, I don't. Lots of people who post here are uncomfortable feeling bad about the team. I used to be one. Keim has broken my spirit, though. Up until last year, I'd have shouted to the world that guys like Drake were really super great and they just didn't watch the team or understand. I thought Wilks might not be wonderful, but we still had a decent roster and he had put together some decent teams in Carolina. I was woefully wrong.

I couldn't disagree more with our course correction, and it's yet to prove anything. In March I could potentially feel a lot better, but today I'm still stuck on how bad this team was.

In comparison to the year prior? That season was 1000 times worse.

Personally, I think Wilks was one of the most putrid hires in recent memory, Bruce was propping up a bad roster for years, I think Keim should be outta here, but even so, I am okay with what I saw from KK and I am thrilled with KM.

In the end, I think Kyler is going to be a superstar, but... the dude was a #1 pick so it is hard to grant credit for drafting a star #1 when you also were the pile of garbage who created the team who earned the #1 pick. I wish Kingsbury (a coach who I think shows a lot of NFL promise) and Keim's (a GM who, IMO, has proven he sucks) fates were not tied but they likely are.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I feel like you are fighting a battle nobody else is waging.

I don't think anybody here is saying that Drake is a top 10 RB in the league and should get $10m+. But also he's not the scrub that only played well in a few games that you are making him out to be. I feel like you are being selective and twisting data to try prove a point nobody would argue with.

That point being that Drake is a decent running back that could get you 1100 yards rushing at 4.6 YPC and 300 yards receiving over a season, which for Kliff's pass favoring offense would be more than adequate. He's a Philips Lindsay, Sony Michel, Tevin Coleman level running back and is worth somewhere in the region of $5 to $6m a year.

I feel like you are arguing that he's not a great back thats worth big money when nobody is saying he is.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Bring him back at a fair price that works for both sides. Nobody is going to overpay him based on several solid games.
But if somebody does, let them have him. And we still have DJ's salary hanging over our heads. That seems a more troublesome issue than how much to pay KD.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn