Kenyan Drake giving it to Mitch

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There are only 3 games he had poor numbers. Steelers, Rams and Bucs.

All of which have very good D lines and simply proves what I've been saying about our O line not being able to run block vs good D lines.
Please explain to me how his second performance against SF was great. Less than 100 total yards, no TDs. Or the last Rams game, really. We believed he was so great that he got 12 carries.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn’t Drake’s former franchise the same franchise that didn’t want a DPOY candidate up in Pittsburgh?

We’re beating a dead horse with Gase. I’ll keep it short. I think he’s a pathetic coach & person. Just like he did with Tannehill, Jarvis, & Parker, he’s going to hold back Darnold. I wish you would also see that. But I cannot change your mind for you.

You’re the only person that would ever say that’s not “good production”. This is also the fact he did it without knowing the full playbook.

I don’t know what else, man.

I cannot imagine how Dolphins fans must feel about how much talent they pissed away under a wildly incompetent coach.

I also cannot fathom the dread that Jets fans must be feeling know they've got another year wasted on the horizon. Jamal Adams, arguably the best safety in the league, Bell, a multi-talented RB... Gase seems to be going out of his way to poison the relationship with these players. Some people get in a position of power and then use that power to project blame rather than build a shared legacy of success, Adam Gase is one of those people.

The Jets hiring Gase as a head coach, to me, would be like if the Cardinals hired Jeff Fisher or Jim Tomsula. A move so revolting that I'd have to choose between bitching about it until I got an ulcer or just checking out completely for a year or 2.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please explain to me how his second performance against SF was great. Less than 100 total yards, no TDs. Or the last Rams game, really. We believed he was so great that he got 12 carries.

He had 67 yards at 4.2 yards per carry.

1, 67 yards in a game is more than acceptable for a RB. Especially against a SB team with a great defense. 67 YPG over a season would have ranked 12th in the league.
2, He only had 15 carries. Hardly his fault he wasn't given the ball much. The average for a primary back who doesn't share carries is over 20.

There's nothing bad about those numbers in any sense.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cannot imagine how Dolphins fans must feel about how much talent they pissed away under a wildly incompetent coach.

I also cannot fathom the dread that Jets fans must be feeling know they've got another year wasted on the horizon. Jamal Adams, arguably the best safety in the league, Bell, a multi-talented RB... Gase seems to be going out of his way to poison the relationship with these players. Some people get in a position of power and then use that power to project blame rather than build a shared legacy of success, Adam Gase is one of those people.

The Jets hiring Gase as a head coach, to me, would be like if the Cardinals hired Jeff Fisher or Jim Tomsula. A move so revolting that I'd have to choose between bitching about it until I got an ulcer or just checking out completely for a year or 2.

You say all that but much of that opinion came from the start of the season. The Jets finished 7-9. They won 6 of their last 8 including wins over the Bills and Steelers. I imagine they are feeling more optimistic than they were after game 8.

Plus, we won 5 games. Probably shouldn't be throwing shade at anyone with more wins than us.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You say all that but much of that opinion came from the start of the season. The Jets finished 7-9. They won 6 of their last 8 including wins over the Bills and Steelers. I imagine they are feeling more optimistic than they were after game 8.

Plus, we won 5 games. Probably shouldn't be throwing shade at anyone with more wins than us.
They beat the Bills in the last game of the season when the Bills sat their starters.

Jets fans know how much of a fraud Gase is just by his time in Miami & how he rubs people the wrong way. Just look at https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/150151-how-does-this-tweet-about-gase-make-you-feel/ & how many similar topics are like that on their board.

We could go 0-16 & I would still throw shade at anyone who deserves it. This is football.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jarvis had his best seasons under Gase. He was a good player then, and a good player now. Parker's "ascension" came with the same staff Kenyan Drake had the opportunity to play for, and didn't do anything with. Tannehill, sure. Drake is a role player, a role player with history.

Ah, yeah, let's ignore that he had 8 TDs rushing and receiving in those nine games, and more than 100 yards receiving.

Henry had 3 games under 70 yards rushing, one being 69, in 15 games. He was a consistent factor. Drake had 11 in 14. He was not a consistent factor.

Kenyan Drake is a complementary player, simple as that. He was at Alabama, he was with the Dolphins, he is that here.
Jarvis just had his best season without Gase. Did he or did he not?

Parker just had his best season without Gase. Did he or did he not?

Drake just had his best season without Gase in 8 less games here than he did in Miami. Did he or did he not?

I didn’t even mention a guy like Tunsil who just got Pro-Bowl honors for the first time.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They beat the Bills in the last game of the season when the Bills sat their starters.

Jets fans know how much of a fraud Gase is just by his time in Miami & how he rubs people the wrong way. Just look at https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/150151-how-does-this-tweet-about-gase-make-you-feel/ & how many similar topics are like that on their board.

We could go 0-16 & I would still throw shade at anyone who deserves it. This is football.

Fair enough. I'm no Gase fan but I imagine there is more optimism than there was at the beginning.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm no Gase fan but I imagine there is more optimism than there was at the beginning.

Ugh, one of our clients is a lifelong Jets fan and he still wants to get rid of Gase. He just doesn't trust that any success will be season long or sustainable, and Gase will tear things apart instead of changing his ways.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jarvis had his best seasons under Gase. He was a good player then, and a good player now. Parker's "ascension" came with the same staff Kenyan Drake had the opportunity to play for, and didn't do anything with. Tannehill, sure. Drake is a role player, a role player with history.

Ah, yeah, let's ignore that he had 8 TDs rushing and receiving in those nine games, and more than 100 yards receiving.

Henry had 3 games under 70 yards rushing, one being 69, in 15 games. He was a consistent factor. Drake had 11 in 14. He was not a consistent factor.

Kenyan Drake is a complementary player, simple as that. He was at Alabama, he was with the Dolphins, he is that here.
Make sure to include Drakes TD and receiving when grading . In 8 games Drake had more Td’s and receiving than Henry did in 9.

In the first 9 games Henry had 11 receptions and 6 yd’s. In 8 games Drake had 24 receptions and 8 yd’s. Henry is usually substituted for on 3 rd and long. He couldn’t carry Drakes jock strap when it come to receiving.

I’m not suggesting Drake is Derrick Henry. It’s just incredible when comparing Henry’s first 9 games to Drakes 8 games that you conclude Drakes simply not good enough.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn’t a running back in the league or history of the league that has great or even good games every week.

I gave you stats of perhaps the best running back in the game today of Derrick Henry. Drakes stats in his 8 games with the Cards are actually better than Henry’s first 9 games. BETTER! But somehow with your infinite wisdom you are absolutely sure if the Cards keep him he will turn into a bum.

Add to that the Titans have a much better offensive line. You even want Conklin, a guy who blocks for Henry.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Gase led the 31st offense by DVOA.

Who had more talent: Kliff Kingsbury or Adam Gase? I'd argue the Jets skill players are a smidge better, and of course I like Murray a lot more than Darnold, but K2>>>>>>>Gase.

Base's ineptitude running the Dolphins is well documented. I remember specifically reading Dolphins fans pointing to his misuse of Drake a few years back. The drafted him in round 3 but didnt use him nearly enough.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He had 67 yards at 4.2 yards per carry.

1, 67 yards in a game is more than acceptable for a RB. Especially against a SB team with a great defense. 67 YPG over a season would have ranked 12th in the league.
2, He only had 15 carries. Hardly his fault he wasn't given the ball much. The average for a primary back who doesn't share carries is over 20.

There's nothing bad about those numbers in any sense.
Good running backs don't get shelved in games where they should be needed.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Jarvis just had his best season without Gase. Did he or did he not?

Parker just had his best season without Gase. Did he or did he not?

Drake just had his best season without Gase in 8 less games here than he did in Miami. Did he or did he not?

I didn’t even mention a guy like Tunsil who just got Pro-Bowl honors for the first time.

Jarvis: Nope. His best year was 2017, with 112 receptions and 9 TDs, under Gase. Arguably 2015 was better too, with 110 receptions and 1,157 yards and four TDs.

Parker: Of course, but is that because he was improperly utilized by Gase but is secretly really good, or is it because they traded away literally every other option and he was the last man standing? Does Devante Parker get nearly 130 targets on almost any other roster in the NFL? I don't know. I didn't watch a ton of Dolphins games, only a few.

Drake: Sure, he had his best season. But if we're using Gase as the reason everyone was bad, and giving Parker credit for his time under Flores, why didn't Drake show any success under Flores' staff? Why couldn't he see the field? Why's the dynamic duo of Mark Walton and Kalen Ballage outsnapping him?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I would venture to say you are then selling the talent of the Niner and Ram front seven short to an extent too, those games they put the emphasis on stopping Drake. I can remember a Cardinal team shutting down Adrian Peterson in his prime, which did not mean Peterson was not great. Now, I am not stating Drake is Peterson but I do think he's a good back and can be special in this offense. People can state why he did not get more opportunities while at Bama, but Bama for such a long time was loaded with so much talent that not seeing the field is not an indicator he lacked ability to start for a majority of teams and be very productive. We can draft a back if Drake commands too much money on the market, the rookie might excel at running, but I doubt that rookie will come close to Drake's ability in pass pro

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Make sure to include Drakes TD and receiving when grading . In 8 games Drake had more Td’s and receiving than Henry did in 9.

In the first 9 games Henry had 11 receptions and 6 yd’s. In 8 games Drake had 24 receptions and 8 yd’s. Henry is usually substituted for on 3 rd and long. He couldn’t carry Drakes jock strap when it come to receiving.

I’m not suggesting Drake is Derrick Henry. It’s just incredible when comparing Henry’s first 9 games to Drakes 8 games that you conclude Drakes simply not good enough.

I don't know what you're talking about. Kenyan Drake had zero receiving TDs all year, and only 119 yards receiving for the Cardinals. Even playing your game and only taking Henry's "bad" first 9 games, he had two receiving TDs, and 164 yards receiving. So, he blows Drake out of the water.

I think you need to stop comparing Henry and Drake. You're not winning this argument.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There isn’t a running back in the league or history of the league that has great or even good games every week.

I gave you stats of perhaps the best running back in the game today of Derrick Henry. Drakes stats in his 8 games with the Cards are actually better than Henry’s first 9 games. BETTER! But somehow with your infinite wisdom you are absolutely sure if the Cards keep him he will turn into a bum.

Add to that the Titans have a much better offensive line. You even want Conklin, a guy who blocks for Henry.
See my last post. No, they aren't better. None of the numbers are better besides the TDs, wherein Drake had one anomalous 4 TD game.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

It doesn't have to be a good game every week. But it needs to be more good than bad, which it isn't. It was three of 8 games that were good, one that is "okay" in the 67 yard game, but people here are acting like the dude is Marshall Faulk. If you drop the 80 yard TD, everything he did for us becomes insanely pedestrian and not much better than Chase Edmonds.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a good game every week. But it needs to be more good than bad, which it isn't. It was three of 8 games that were good, one that is "okay" in the 67 yard game, but people here are acting like the dude is Marshall Faulk. If you drop the 80 yard TD, everything he did for us becomes insanely pedestrian and not much better than Chase Edmonds.

I think you arent being 100% academically honest.

RBs are highly dependent on OL play and on the threat of a passing game.

The last week of the season against the Rams, Drake had 60 yards on 12 carries. 5 yards per carry. That's also not a bad game.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think you arent being 100% academically honest.

RBs are highly dependent on OL play and on the threat of a passing game.

The last week of the season against the Rams, Drake had 60 yards on 12 carries. 5 yards per carry. That's also not a bad game.
It's pedestrian.

Listen, Drake is a fine complementary piece. But, some posters keep pretending he "broke this offense open" though, and that's completely wrong. 60 yards on 12 carries is something Chase Edmonds can achieve. He went 8 for 68 against Cincy.

Sony Michel had a boring, pedestrian year, and was still more consistent than Drake. Carlos freaking Hyde had a more consistent year than Drake. The guy is whatever, and is not more valuable to us than acquiring a player that plays DL, OLB, ILB, T, C, or whatever gaping hole there is that is an NFL caliber starter.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jarvis: Nope. His best year was 2017, with 112 receptions and 9 TDs, under Gase. Arguably 2015 was better too, with 110 receptions and 1,157 yards and four TDs.

Parker: Of course, but is that because he was improperly utilized by Gase but is secretly really good, or is it because they traded away literally every other option and he was the last man standing? Does Devante Parker get nearly 130 targets on almost any other roster in the NFL? I don't know. I didn't watch a ton of Dolphins games, only a few.

Drake: Sure, he had his best season. But if we're using Gase as the reason everyone was bad, and giving Parker credit for his time under Flores, why didn't Drake show any success under Flores' staff? Why couldn't he see the field? Why's the dynamic duo of Mark Walton and Kalen Ballage outsnapping him?
I think we had this debate with Jarvis so I say much else. Just know I think 83 receptions on 1,174 yards averaging 14.1 YPR(!!!!) is way more impressive than basically being a glorified RB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think we had this debate with Jarvis so I say much else. Just know I think 83 receptions on 1,174 yards averaging 14.1 YPR(!!!!) is way more impressive than basically being a glorified RB.
I think it's just a matter of different utilization. Either way, in all of the seasons we're talking about, he was a very good player. It's not like we're looking at the emergence of Wes Welker or Julian Edelman where they were non-factors until suddenly bursting onto the scene.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's pedestrian.

Listen, Drake is a fine complementary piece. But, some posters keep pretending he "broke this offense open" though, and that's completely wrong. 60 yards on 12 carries is something Chase Edmonds can achieve. He went 8 for 68 against Cincy.

Sony Michel had a boring, pedestrian year, and was still more consistent than Drake. Carlos freaking Hyde had a more consistent year than Drake. The guy is whatever, and is not more valuable to us than acquiring a player that plays DL, OLB, ILB, T, C, or whatever gaping hole there is that is an NFL caliber starter.
Sony’s YPC was a whole 1.5 short compared to Drake while having less TDs while actually having an offseason knowledge of his team’s playbook. Lmao, good Lord, man.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I knew Sony was bad this season, but damn, I didn’t realize he was this bad.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's pedestrian.

The 60 is only as low as it was because there were only 12 carries. Give him 20 like regular starting RB's get and he'll be solid for a few seasons. Not 15 M per like Zeke, but 4 M per would be fine.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Sony’s YPC was a whole 1.5 short compared to Drake while having less TDs while actually having an offseason knowledge of his team’s playbook. Lmao, good Lord, man.
It's not just about YPC though. Sony saw the field. He produced more yards. I'm not saying I'd rather have him, but he was essentially as pedestrian as Drake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen