Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

Reaction score
Kyler Murray has stated publicly that he doesn't need to study, because he plays with skill and intuition. (Go back and look it up yourself!) The contract clause for him to do, what in all realms could only be considered a minimum amount of, film study further supports that he doesn't feel he needs to put in additional time to prepare himself. Murray is an incredibly gifted football player, with the disposition of a temperamental child.

I'm surprised, slightly, but surprised nonetheless, that some people, both in this forum and elsewhere, assume that Beachum made these public comments without first having said the same thing to Murray in person. I have no knowledge that Beachum did so, but common sense and a slight understanding of human interactions leads me to believe that he has spoken to Murray on this topic, and most likely more than once.

Safe to say, all Cardinals fans would like to see Murray be the greatest QB the game has ever seen. But, in regards to his NFL career, he really hasn't done ****, yet! So yeah, Kyler Murray need to grow the **** up!

Please note: the preceding comments are my opinion and only that! :moon:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man, what a POS rant that was.
People are just running away with these comments...people with a very tenuous understanding of the team.

It was a slightly negative comment. Not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. It's a very realistic and fair comment and not even 10% as damning as some of these clowns are making it out to be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are just running away with these comments...people with a very tenuous understanding of the team.

It was a slightly negative comment. Not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. It's a very realistic and fair comment and not even 10% as damning as some of these clowns are making it out to be.
Sorry… a current offensive linemen point blank saying the QB needs to grow up isn’t a slightly negative comment. That’s just not something you hear that often from current teammates about Franchise QBs.

And if it really wasn’t a comment that should make waves, why is Kyler’s buddy coming on Twitter to blast Beachum as a bum who’s had Kyler running for his life.

It’s a really ugly comment about the guy who needs to be the leader of the team, one that’s been echoed by former players on and off the record for a couple years.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
What I hear is that Murray wears on people. He’s not enthusiastic or a guys who compliments his teammates. On the other hand he’s not the type to hold people accountable. He plays his position. He wants to win. He just doesn’t see himself as needing to impact the behavior of other players or having responsibilities in that area. There have been other QBs like that. I just can’t recall a successful one.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I hear is that Murray wears on people. He’s not enthusiastic or a guys who compliments his teammates. On the other hand he’s not the type to hold people accountable. He plays his position. He wants to win. He just doesn’t see himself as needing to impact the behavior of other players or having responsibilities in that area. There have been other QBs like that. I just can’t recall a successful one.

This pretty much sums up the consensus here.

Turn up, do his thing, go home and play video games.

Thankfully I'm absolutely sure this new staff won't let that slide.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up the consensus here.

Turn up, do his thing, go home and play video games.

Thankfully I'm absolutely sure this new staff won't let that slide.
Ehhh how do you stop it? He literally makes more than all of them. He doesn’t have to do anything. It’s not like he’s getting benched once he’s healthy. The only person that can change Kyler is Kyler. The fear is that he is exactly what @Chopper0080 has said he is. A guy that is now content he got his $$$ and likely retires after this contract and disappears into the sunset. Not saying he is but it’s possible.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gannon came here for one reason……Kyler Murray. Not fat slob, slow as molasses, old as dirt Beachum. Who really cares what a below average OL, who nobody, absolutely nobody will even remember in 2 years thinks. Those that are making a big deal of this just have an axe to grind with Murray. As always, we’ll have to agree to disagree & move on.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gannon came here for one reason……Kyler Murray. Not fat slob, slow as molasses, old as dirt Beachum. Who really cares what a below average OL, who nobody, absolutely nobody will even remember in 2 years thinks. Those that are making a big deal of this just have an axe to grind with Murray. As always, we’ll have to agree to disagree & move on.
Could anyone have guessed that this would be your response? Lol smh…

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Could anyone have guessed that this would be your response? Lol smh…
Or would anyone have guessed what your response would be? Nothing but negative crap. Right? Of course. I‘ll rightfully support the 25 year old with 2 pro bowls & OROY.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or would anyone have guessed what your response would be? Nothing but negative crap. Right? Of course. I‘ll rightfully support the 25 year old with 2 pro bowls & OROY.
Dismissing this. As well as everything else that has been said by other players, hinted at in the media and Kylers own words as well. The need for the contract clause… Yet somehow you just think it’s all BS with no basis in reality…. It’s kind of sad honestly that someone can be that big of a homer toward a player and literally think they can do no wrong.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He plays his position. He wants to win.
the second part here is where we will find out "how much?"

FWIW, and while a diff position: Early on, Fitz was a very productive player, but also a loner and not a team leader. Then in year 4 (iirc) Todd Haley challenged him on a number of dimensions.

Some maturity + some coaching put him in a different place.

i think the coaching will change from enablement to challenge. Again, we will see how much Kyler wants to win.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Dismissing this. As well as everything else that has been said by other players, hinted at in the media and Kylers own words as well. The need for the contract clause… Yet somehow you just think it’s all BS with no basis in reality…. It’s kind of sad honestly that someone can be that big of a homer toward a player and literally think they can do no wrong.
I still can’t get past him sitting on the bench, pouting while the entire team ran onto the field and stand around a knocked out Budda, during the playoff game to the Rams…

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I applaud your contrarian opinion on this. I will say that if this doesn't work out, you are opening up yourself to a world of grief. Not trying to talk you off the ledge, you do you, but man, you are taking shots at a lot of posters on here.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I applaud your contrarian opinion on this. I will say that if this doesn't work out, you are opening up yourself to a world of grief. Not trying to talk you off the ledge, you do you, but man, you are taking shots at a lot of posters on here.
Yep. If you aren't blindly loyal to KM and post any contrarian view on KM, you are a target.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe not.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose