Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What Kyler needs is more feedback like Beachum's and fewer "support" tweets from guys like Hollywood Brown who will always have his back no matter what.

Nothing Beachum said what wrong. He even said K1 is improving and has it in him to be a leader.

I don't understand people going after him for what he said. SMH. At least it wasn't an unnamed player this time around.
It's not about what he said, it's the platform he chose...instead of keeping it in house, he made a public blast.

Watching GMFB this morning, they asked Micah Hyde to comment and he didn't seem too keen on everything being made public... mentioned it should have been kept in house. He also said he doesn't know Kyler and it would be wrong of him to make a comment about the situation.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not about what he said, it's the platform he chose...instead of keeping it in house, he made a public blast.

Watching GMFB this morning, they asked Micah Hyde to comment and he didn't seem too keen on everything being made public... mentioned it should have been kept in house. He also said he doesn't know Kyler and it would be wrong of him to make a comment about the situation.

Public blast is a stretch. He said LOTS of good things about him and one slightly negative but reasonable thing.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Well Beach won't be back most likely. Line should look a lot better without him, he's awful at his job, but we'll be losing a good human. I'm sure his comments are valid, but probably wasn't the best way to handle it...keep it in house.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I overall agree with this, the media will very often just blast a brief critical sound bite over and over while completely ignoring the many positive statements.

Good job we all have sense and the ability to understand nuance then...

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Good job we all have sense and the ability to understand nuance then...

Lol. I definitely need to hang out here more often during the off-season.

Btw, Brit, used to to spend time in Leeds(and elsewhere) for a month or so each year. Been 15 years though since I last visited. Always enjoyed my time there.(especially the food and pubs)

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. I definitely need to hang out here more often during the off-season.

Btw, Brit, used to to spend time in Leeds(and elsewhere) for a month or so each year. Been 15 years though since I last visited. Always enjoyed my time there.(especially the food and pubs)

Spent a bit of time in Leeds. I'm from Manchester and I used to date a very nice blonde from Leeds back in the day so spent quite a bit of time there. Although this was like 20 years ago. My folks live in York now so spend some time there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beach is flat out wrong for this. It doesn’t even matter if what he said is right. To come out and publicly throw shade on your teammate is wrong, period.

Handle it in house if there are issues that need to be dealt with or conversations that need to be had.

Questions Beach should have asked himself before negatively commenting about a peer publicly:

1. Do my words harm this person’s reputation?
2. Have I talked to them first privately?
3. What is my motivation for publicly saying something negative about another person, let alone a teammate?

I don’t care what y’all say, he didn’t need to say any of this publicly.
Whether he did or did not need to say it doesn’t really matter to me. He shoulda kept that in house, but the fact that he did say it suggests Kyler doesn’t just have a little growing up to do… he had A LOT of growing up to do.

We just don’t hear that kind of thing about good to great QBs, I don’t care what age they are. Hell, one of the things that makes most QBs great is how advanced they are at young ages as far as leadership is concerned.

That said, hopefully the last fourteen months is used as fuel for Kyler’s fire to prove everyone wrong.
What Kyler needs is more feedback like Beachum's and fewer "support" tweets from guys like Hollywood Brown who will always have his back no matter what.

Nothing Beachum said what wrong. He even said K1 is improving and has it in him to be a leader.

I don't understand people going after him for what he said. SMH. At least it wasn't an unnamed player this time around.
yeah, all too often people here have completely dismissed “rumor and innuendo” about teammates issue with Kyler because those players won’t put their name on it but now that one does, that should be deemed meaningless as well?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe he said it on blast because in house feedback never moved the needle.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is so tedious.

Beachum was very moderate in his comments. Said that he didn't say he was a bad leader, just had some growing up to do. Said he had all the talent, could win a super bowl, was the fastest player on the field etc just needed to do a little growing up. Completely reasonable comments.

And now Kyler's girlfriend has to make it 100x worse by going off on Twitter? What a bonehead.

Either Brown totally overreacted or he's being a mouthpiece for Kyler and Kyler can't take some very mild and realistic criticism.
BC, that's not cool man. Just saying.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Beech's overall message was fine and sounds good. Problem occurs when it hits print, key quotes stand out and people dig deeper/or choose what they want to focus on.

Remove the "Be a man" line and this is nothing. Thats something you say directly to Kyler( assume he has though).

Nothing wrong with saying he needs to grow up a bit and continue the maturation process on radio.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GMFB coverage

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I love what Kyler Murray can do but truth is it's not like he's still a rookie yet he still throws temper tantrums like one - on the field - so yeah - I agree with what was said - but I hope he's already said this to Kyler in person - pre-interview

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fwiw, which is nothing...

MrYB dad: Dress however you want to where you're going, son, but always shine your shoes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose