Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
One sign of leadership is not throwing teammates under the bus. Not criticizing them in public. Beachum talks about being a man, but any alpha male in professional sports would confront the player directly and behind the scenes. To go on radio is weak. Beachum isn't even elite at his own position. He wasn't even the best lineman on our own team of weak lineman. How is he going to explain how Kyler should be elite at his position? It's absolutely ridiculous.

Additionally, I think we can ascertain now where the leaks were coming from regarding Kyler to the media, including the study clause and the anonymous reports. Beachum is trash and why anyone would use him as a some how factual account of anything is beyond me.

Ya'll post pics of Kyler looking dappper or whatever but notice how he didn't respond to Beachum and his garbage.

That's leadership, not what Beachum did.
Remember a day or so ago when someone said that no one was blindly supporting Kyler and folks were like no, there's still a few? Yeah...it doesn't get any more blindly supporting than this. Somehow, after all this, Kyler comes out looking better and more of a leader merely for doing nothing lol

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Remember a day or so ago when someone said that no one was blindly supporting Kyler and folks were like no, there's still a few? Yeah...it doesn't get any more blindly supporting than this. Somehow, after all this, Kyler comes out looking better and more of a leader merely for doing nothing lol
This is just ignorant and foolish. Kind of garish actually (look that up, we both know you need to). Nobody was defending Kyler, I was just saying Beachum isn't the mechanism for your justification.

Stout

Reaction score

This is just ignorant and foolish. Kind of garish actually (look that up, we both know you need to). Nobody was defending Kyler, I was just saying Beachum isn't the mechanism for your justification.
lol I criticize your blind loyalty to Kyler and you weakly try to question my vocabulary with a sad attempt at a takedown? Ignorant and foolish indeed. Let me sum up: "KB dared to say anything about Kyler so he's a bum and Kyler looks even better now!"

Roll on with ya bad Kyler-defending self, my friend :thumbup:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is so tedious.

Beachum was very moderate in his comments. Said that he didn't say he was a bad leader, just had some growing up to do. Said he had all the talent, could win a super bowl, was the fastest player on the field etc just needed to do a little growing up. Completely reasonable comments.

And now Kyler's girlfriend has to make it 100x worse by going off on Twitter? What a bonehead.

Either Brown totally overreacted or he's being a mouthpiece for Kyler and Kyler can't take some very mild and realistic criticism.

Last edited:

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol I criticize your blind loyalty to Kyler and you weakly try to question my vocabulary with a sad attempt at a takedown? Ignorant and foolish indeed. Let me sum up: "KB dared to say anything about Kyler so he's a bum and Kyler looks even better now!"

Roll on with ya bad Kyler-defending self, my friend :thumbup:
Do explain where the blind loyalty comes from? All in your mind. I said Beachum was a fool. And he is. If that upsets you I'd say your the one with the blind loyalty.

Stout

Reaction score
Do explain where the blind loyalty comes from? All in your mind. I said Beachum was a fool. And he is. If that upsets you I'd say your the one with the blind loyalty.
You also tried to tear Beachum down as a player, for some odd reason, except how good he is has nothing to do with his comments, but whatever. The fact that Beachum had a much better season than Kyler did would hurt your "argument," so I suppose that's why you needed to tear him down.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You also tried to tear Beachum down as a player, for some odd reason, except how good he is has nothing to do with his comments, but whatever. The fact that Beachum had a much better season than Kyler did would hurt your "argument," so I suppose that's why you needed to tear him down.
How can Beachum have a better season than Kyler? Explain that to me. LOL. He's just an average dude. That's all. He's not qualified to speak on what makes Kyler special or elite. He has NO clue. How is this somehow controversial?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kinda iffy on that. I mean Kevin Durant makes a fool of himself all the time engaging on twitter and he's hall of fame.

Beachum was iffy maybe, but he should have shut the F up. It's like a bench player criticizing a Kevin Durant or Chris Paul. It's just stupid. Again, I'll say now we know where the leaks were coming from.

He was asked and he gave a fair assessment. Beachum has been around the league a while. He know's what is required.

Had he not saying anything the world would be reading into that. "Why didn't he just say Kyler was great? It's because he sucks is why".

It's a no win situation. He was fair and moderate. Kyler (and Brown) should just listen.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also I'm being kind as F calling Beachum average. He may be
He was asked and he gave a fair assessment. Beachum has been around the league a while. He know's what is required.

Had he not saying anything the world would be reading into that. "Why didn't he just say Kyler was great? It's because he sucks is why".

It's a no win situation. He was fair and moderate. Kyler (and Brown) should just listen.
You're acting like we're in a vacuum and nobody has been asked that, like ever. Beachum was a dick and I don't know why that's hard to admit to. Plain and simple. Lot of players have been asked the same question, why are we taking the word of a *******? Like, why?

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You guys won't even remember the name Kevin Beachum in 5 years. You just won't. But right now you're acting like he's the voice of reason. Do not use him as justification.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Such a typical 40+ year old white man post.
More like 70+. Im 52, and have been railing against that kind of nonsense for my entire life. I will also add, if you expect evey public appearance by the guy to be in a suit, youre simply an unrealistic out of touch, oldie who needs to complain about the way things used to be. The world changes, it doesnt care about how you feel about it, and you can either stay current and move with the world, or become a bitter old person. Bitter aint worth it. Ive seen Kyler in a suit plenty of times. And then y'all made fun of the color. Chill Out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys won't even remember the name Kevin Beachum in 5 years. You just won't. But right now you're acting like he's the voice of reason. Do not use him as justification.

It was a reasonable response or do people think he has no growing up to do? That so far he has shown peak maturity? The reaction to it is the unreasonable part.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was a reasonable response or do people think he has no growing up to do? That so far he has shown peak maturity? The reaction to it is the unreasonable part.
We can all grow and learn.

Look man, life is hard, and brutal most of the time, I think we'd all agree. What we don't need is some dude from the bottom rungs criticizing our performance publicly. It's not helpful at all. How does any of what he said publicly help Kyler?

It didn't at all, it helps Kevin Beachum.

Some people on this forum are like I hope he heard the message, hopefully it's clear now and I'm like no, that's not what he needs to hear from an average (at best) player on a bad team.

The reaction isn't out of proportion to the statement. Maybe if it came from someone respectable. Like someone who has actually played QB. But not from some scrub you basically wouldn't even start on another team. Then no, I don't think it's reasonable at all.

The bottom line is this is a guy with low talent who is commenting on an elite talent.

Do I take that seriously? No. I think it's laughable.

Stout

Reaction score
Also I'm being kind as F calling Beachum average. He may be

You're acting like we're in a vacuum and nobody has been asked that, like ever. Beachum was a dick and I don't know why that's hard to admit to. Plain and simple. Lot of players have been asked the same question, why are we taking the word of a *******? Like, why?
Rant on, man. It's really helping your "argument."

Stout

Reaction score
Didn't you respond to me initially? The answer is yes. Stop being obtuse (I'll wait for you to look that word up again).
Tiptoeing around a ban with being purposefully insulting. Yes, I responded to your initial rant. And it was a rant, no two ways about it. All kinds of hate for KB out of nowhere, while falsely pumping up KM. Or should I say pimping him, Homer? I agree that word play is fun :D

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tiptoeing around a ban with being purposefully insulting. Yes, I responded to your initial rant. And it was a rant, no two ways about it. All kinds of hate for KB out of nowhere, while falsely pumping up KM. Or should I say pimping him, Homer? I agree that word play is fun :D
You really are a weirdo Stout. Like an actual weirdo. I'm not tip toeing anything, you responded to me and made yourself look stupid and now you're upset talking about bans. How many complaints have you logged with the mods merely because you're a weirdo? A lot I bet.

Trust me I'm not insulting you at all. You'd know it. Just because you're low IQ and can't express yourself in coherent thoughts doesn't mean I dislike you. I've been trying super hard to have a conversation but you keep bringing up how Beachum was a better player than KM and really what am I supposed to do with that information other than laugh.

Reactions: urs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can all grow and learn.

Look man, life is hard, and brutal most of the time, I think we'd all agree. What we don't need is some dude from the bottom rungs criticizing our performance publicly. It's not helpful at all. How does any of what he said publicly help Kyler?

It didn't at all, it helps Kevin Beachum.

Some people on this forum are like I hope he heard the message, hopefully it's clear now and I'm like no, that's not what he needs to hear from an average (at best) player on a bad team.

The reaction isn't out of proportion to the statement. Maybe if it came from someone respectable. Like someone who has actually played QB. But not from some scrub you basically wouldn't even start on another team. Then no, I don't think it's reasonable at all.

The bottom line is this is a guy with low talent who is commenting on an elite talent.

Do I take that seriously? No. I think it's laughable.

You keep bring up Beachum's perceived status. Things like that have no bearing. In a locker room you are teammates. There's no class system or hierarchy.

Beachum has as much right to his opinion as Hopkins or Budda.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
You really are a weirdo Stout. Like an actual weirdo. I'm not tip toeing anything, you responded to me and made yourself look stupid and now you're upset talking about bans. How many complaints have you logged with the mods merely because you're a weirdo? A lot I bet.

Trust me I'm not insulting you at all. You'd know it. Just because you're low IQ and can't express yourself in coherent thoughts doesn't mean I dislike you. I've been trying super hard to have a conversation but you keep bringing up how Beachum was a better player than KM and really what am I supposed to do with that information other than laugh.
Wow, such vitriol, such naked (and shoddy) grade school banter for no good reason. I can answer your question: none. I am a weirdo, of course, which is a source of pride, although you think it a negative and use it as a pejorative. I rarely contact the mods about anything. As you're being a total ass here, blabbering random insults, I certainly reported this post. The others? Nah, because your ranting was saying everything that needed to be said.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Beachum was very moderate in his comments. Said that he didn't say he was a bad leader, just had some growing up to do. Said he had all the talent, could win a super bowl, was the fastest player on the field etc just needed to do a little growing up. Completely reasonable comments.

Beachum is a thoughtful guy -- who gives answers in more than sound bites and cliches.

I also think he made a mistake in that he thought he could give a nuanced and complex take on Kyler in the media and that it would be treated with the nuance he delivered it--

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You keep bring up Beachum's perceived status. This like that have no bearing. In a locker room you are teammates. There's no class system or hierarchy.

Beachum has as much right to his opinion as Hopkins or Budda.
So you're saying there's no difference between an average lineman's opinion and that of a QB? This is absolute nonsense. There's a difference when Tom Brady walks into a locker room and Kevin Beachum walks in. To say it's the same is a joke.

Or course he has the right to his opinion. But I also have the right to say it's BS. Maybe if it was like a QB coach or Kurt Warner or someone saying these things then yes, I'd be concerned.

But coming from Beachum, leaker of all secrets apparently and a bigtmouth then no I wouldn't give it any credence. At all. Ever.

Beachum is trying to make his name post football, and that's the best he could do. So F him.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, such vitriol, such naked (and shoddy) grade school banter for no good reason. I can answer your question: none. I am a weirdo, of course, which is a source of pride, although you think it a negative and use it as a pejorative. I rarely contact the mods about anything. As you're being a total ass here, blabbering random insults, I certainly reported this post. The others? Nah, because your ranting was saying everything that needed to be said.
Be honest, did you have to look the word "vitriol" up?

To be fair, we're all weirdos.

Stout

Reaction score
Be honest, did you have to look the word "vitriol" up?

To be fair, we're all weirdos.
We are all weirdos, that is the honest truth.

One of the reasons you've come across as silly here is that I'm a writer with an extensive vocabulary. Just a strange kind of attempt at being insulting, trying to say I don't know what words mean. But, hey, we've all put our foot in it at one time or another :thumbup:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you're saying there's no difference between an average lineman's opinion and that of a QB? This is absolute nonsense. There's a difference when Tom Brady walks into a locker room and Kevin Beachum walks in. To say it's the same is a joke.

Or course he has the right to his opinion. But I also have the right to say it's BS. Maybe if it was like a QB coach or Kurt Warner or someone saying these things then yes, I'd be concerned.

But coming from Beachum, leaker of all secrets apparently and a bigtmouth then no I wouldn't give it any credence. At all. Ever.

Beachum is trying to make his name post football, and that's the best he could do. So F him.

His status has no bearing on his experience of Kyler's immaturity

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose