Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He has been labelled as immature for years. He has social media feeds dedicated to his decline in production as Call of Duty launch dates arrive. Even after those first two points, he was still given a 250mm contract that REQUIRED extra study time. It was removed from the contract when it came out to the media. And now one of his o-lineman (one who played more snaps than anyone else last year) is saying publicly that he needs to grow up.

I'm guessing the train may have already left the station on him feeling the need to improve his leadership qualities. That's my take.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He has been labelled as immature for years. He has social media feeds dedicated to his decline in production as Call of Duty launch dates arrive. Even after those first two points, he was still given a 250mm contract that REQUIRED extra study time. It was removed from the contract when it came out to the media. And now one of his o-lineman (one who played more snaps than anyone else last year) is saying publicly that he needs to grow up.

I'm guessing the train may have already left the station on him feeling the need to improve his leadership qualities. That's my take.

So you've had a change of heart on K1 it sounds like Dr.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
We are really discussing how Kyler dresses now? FFS.

Anyone on this board who makes 3 posts in one day needs to offer photos of what they are wearing when posting, that way we can debate their professionalism on this board.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Absolutely disagree. It's purely a social construct meant to imply power/superiority or elegance. It's an antiquated way of thinking and adds zero value to the person, job or profession.
Yes and no. How one chooses to present one’s self in the workplace also shows a recognition of the people with whom you work and their expectations and respect for same. I run one of the largest companies in my industry in the country. I go to work in jeans and quarter zip most often. When I’m going to see clients I wear a suit. Depending on the client I may wear a tie or I may not. It’s not about what I hope to portray, it’s a recognition of their expectation. If someone I’m interviewing doesn’t come professionally attired my first thought is “the don’t think ‘what if’” and I want my team members to always be thinking “what if” and proactively preparing for it.

That said, kyler is professional football player. I expect him to wear football gear when practicing and playing. I expect him to be comfortable at all other times. Just as was the case when I played through pop Warner, high school and college.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
We are really discussing how Kyler dresses now? FFS.

Anyone on this board who makes 3 posts in one day needs to offer photos of what they are wearing when posting, that way we can debate their professionalism on this board.
Its part of the whole package in regards to his lack of maturity. No one here is asking him to dress like Jake from State Farm, but just to grow up and take his job and appearanc more seriously. Ya know-- like his own o-lineman teammate just got done saying..

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Its part of the whole package in regards to his lack of maturity. No one here is asking him to dress like Jake from State Farm, but just to grow up and take his job and appearanc more seriously. Ya know-- like his own o-lineman teammate just got done saying..
Please don't post a photo of you in your underwear browsing ASFN.

Also, that's just a ridiculous statement.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

they are going nowhere with Murray. All we can do as fans is count down the seasons until he can be released or traded. Its happens in this league, theres nothing you can do about it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else however for me maturity and leadership go hand in hand.
Not always. Even children who are leaders need to mature. They’re still leaders, but as kids they have a lot of maturing to do.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
hmmm, weird response...:?

Just asking but what is ridiculous about my statement.
Its part of the whole package in regards to his lack of maturity. No one here is asking him to dress like Jake from State Farm, but just to grow up and take his job and appearanc more seriously.
The insta photo he needs to grow up and take his appearance more seriously.

So did he only take this game below seriously? Or because he isn't wearing socks, which would be weird, does he still need to grow up for this specific game?
You must be registered for see images attach

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Even Kyler’s supporters have said he needs to grow up. The pushback has been on the left curve “hurr durrr Call of Duty,” dumb fashion choice, or we’d be 9-4 if not for Kyler “all is well” narratives.

And to reiterate nobody cares about anything when you win.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No need to drive to Rodeo Drive. Just pull up video clips of Michael Jordan before or after a game, win or loss. Usually a win of course.
I believe at that time David stern literally had a required dress code. Jordan was also interested in becoming the most marketable player in the world and did what corporate America wanted him to do. Also, the hip hop culture hasn’t yet taken over the world. Jordan isn’t a good example of anything for todays athlete other than his drive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I took everything that Beach said as being very direct, very realistic, and also, very attainable.

Kyler does need to grow up. He needs to understand that his attitude at times isn't constructive.

For those using this to bash Kyler further, Beachum's correction of Tambo undermines a lot of the derision. Kyler has never been a total loss. He has tremendous ability. He still needs to grow some. That's what Beach is saying.
Agree. I just hope beachum was saying this stuff directly to kyler and not only in the postseason via the media. If so, that’s kind of a crappy teammate.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Agree. I just hope beachum was saying this stuff directly to kyler and not only in the postseason via the media. If so, that’s kind of a crappy teammate.
I think that’s part of the issue. Organization needs to be direct with Kyler too, not signing/overpaying guys like Conner and Watt to show him leadership or leaking insane Colt McCoy > Kyler nonsense to the media.

Kyler also needs to be more accepting of constructive criticism. I’ve said for years that Kyler’s personality isn’t for everybody. Part of it is he’s a grumpy, introverted guy and there’s also an element of institutionalism and laziness around the Cardinals organization that get rubbed the wrong way with how he does things.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

So did he only take this game below seriously? Or because he isn't wearing socks, which would be weird, does he still need to grow up for this specific game?

************ I believe this was before he threw for ZERO touchdowns and an INT against his rival seahawks. *********

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some of you may disagree with this and think it old fashion or possibly culturally ignorant, but part of leading is appearance, dressing maturely like a successful adult with class. Someone Kyler respects needs to sit down with him and have a talk, then put him in a car or plane and take him to Rodeo Dr in Beverly Hills or the Phoenix equivalent. Teach him how to dress, and find him a professional hair stylist for God's sake.

When Kyler looks in the mirror, what does he see? When I look at him I see some young kid trying to fit into some hip hop culture of some kind. (Excuse my whiteness.) He looks like he has just been hanging out on the street corner all day. He certainly doesn't look like he feels himself, or others feel him, to be a CEO or Leader of anything.

Start conveying some class, dignity, and maturity in appearance: in your dress, the way you carry yourself, the way you speak, even the expression you wear on your face. Start looking like you have already won the Super Bowl, and that you are proud to be the leader of these men and this team.
That's all good and dandy SB, but this isn't the old days where young players cleaved to the words and advice of older players religiously. Social media plays a MAJOR role in everything these athletes do and say. I miss the old days where NBA players wore suits to games and on the sidelines but that era is never coming back. These dudes are wearing ridiculously garish clothing, wearing skirts, carrying purses and the whole nine. That's their choice, not mine, and it serves no purpose getting up in arms about it. The only thing I care about is that you play hard for yourself and your teammates and conduct yourself as a professional and a solid citizen off the field. What you wear or how you spend your money or free time is of zero concern to me. I believe that's how it should be.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is so off base. I'm a 40 something professional who is very successful, drives a very nice car, owns a home and already has my 14 year olds college paid for and I work in a backwards hat and workout pants every day. I usually sport a 2 foot long beard and currently have a mo-hawk. I am looked at as a leader in a fortune 5 company because I'm good at what I do. No one care how you look anymore and this line of thinking is primitive.

One of the richest people on the world agrees.

And if I'm reading between the lines of where you want him to shop, it almost sounds like you want him to dress like a....nevermind, I'm not going there.
Great point Banky!!!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes and no. How one chooses to present one’s self in the workplace also shows a recognition of the people with whom you work and their expectations and respect for same. I run one of the largest companies in my industry in the country. I go to work in jeans and quarter zip most often. When I’m going to see clients I wear a suit. Depending on the client I may wear a tie or I may not. It’s not about what I hope to portray, it’s a recognition of their expectation. If someone I’m interviewing doesn’t come professionally attired my first thought is “the don’t think ‘what if’” and I want my team members to always be thinking “what if” and proactively preparing for it.

That said, kyler is professional football player. I expect him to wear football gear when practicing and playing. I expect him to be comfortable at all other times. Just as was the case when I played through pop Warner, high school and college.

Couldn't agree more. As an engineer in the field, the dress was and is casual. The colour of the hard hat denotes the pecking order. Later, as a manager, I wore a suit and tie but subsequently dropped the tie when I was promoted to VP as this was an unwritten prerogative. Today, as a consultant representing an international engineering concern and meeting with clients, I'm back to the suit and tie. Not so, particularly outside of North America, would be a sign of disrespect.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He looks fantastic in this photo btw. Wish I could pull that off. LOL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave