Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Absolutely disagree. It's purely a social construct meant to imply power/superiority or elegance. It's an antiquated way of thinking and adds zero value to the person, job or profession.
I absolutely agree that formal clothing is a complete social construct. I absolutely disagree that everyone can ignore the "dress code" at work. Go try to be a lawyer and walk into a major courtroom in a hoodie lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Instead of taking ownership of his problems he's trying to throw shade at "haters." The smart thing to do would be to shut the hell up and get on with getting better. Naw, he shows us the whispers are getting to him and he can't help but snipe back. Talk about not growing up.

I'm just glad he's recognising it.

The whole clothes thing on this thread is a bit odd to be honest. Kyler is obviously doing some kind of photo shoot. Probably fashion related. It's not how he usually dresses. Or do people thing he has sets round his house and he just took these pro quality photos with his iPhone?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Who’s blaming it on Kliff?
Kliff… Keim… Mike B…. C’mon now… you in particular were one who has consistently been quick to divert the criticism away from Kyler and toward any of those three names.
Which, by the way - has basis. But, as I and many others have always pointed out (since day one for me), Kyler is simply not a NFL caliber QB…regardless of the massive shortcomings of Kliffy, Keim and Mike B.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff… Keim… Mike B…. C’mon now… you in particular were one who has consistently been quick to divert the criticism away from Kyler and toward any of those three names.
Which, by the way - has basis. But, as I and many others have always pointed out (since day one for me), Kyler is simply not a NFL caliber QB…regardless of the massive shortcomings of Kliffy, Keim and Mike B.
You going to answer my question instead of avoiding it?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@82CardsGrad Actually, don’t answer. You’re just going to go into another pointless diatribe.

Just continue to do ya thing where you don’t engage in the discussions about FA, Draft, other teams, etc, & only appear for the Kyler slander topics.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kelvin Beachum on what is the problem with the Cardinals? Their OL/DL. Saying what I was saying before the draft last year which others have been saying, you have a to start building from the inside out along the line of scrimmage... and never included the QB in that direct answer to that question

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And that is what I meant in my post above yours... Beachum actually clarified what he meant which was also full of positives too which the critical here would never cite or even remotely give him credit for
Kyler is given plenty of credit on this board for the things he does well.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's easy for KM to fix this

Put in the work, learn to read a defense and change the attitude

Do everything you can to improve yourself so you can help the team
It is easier said then done. Look at Fitzgerald, he was a lead by example guy but is that really leading? It is really just doing you and sharing how you go about your business. Leading at the QB spot is putting other player's needs above yours. You shift your game to help others. You spend extra time helping others. You listen to others. You communicate expectations. You hold others accountable because you care about their success.

Servant leadership isn't easy and some people aren't built for it.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
Some of you may disagree with this and think it old fashion or possibly culturally ignorant, but part of leading is appearance, dressing maturely like a successful adult with class. Someone Kyler respects needs to sit down with him and have a talk, then put him in a car or plane and take him to Rodeo Dr in Beverly Hills or the Phoenix equivalent. Teach him how to dress, and find him a professional hair stylist for God's sake.

When Kyler looks in the mirror, what does he see? When I look at him I see some young kid trying to fit into some hip hop culture of some kind. (Excuse my whiteness.) He looks like he has just been hanging out on the street corner all day. He certainly doesn't look like he feels himself, or others feel him, to be a CEO or Leader of anything.

Start conveying some class, dignity, and maturity in appearance: in your dress, the way you carry yourself, the way you speak, even the expression you wear on your face. Start looking like you have already won the Super Bowl, and that you are proud to be the leader of these men and this team.
No need to drive to Rodeo Drive. Just pull up video clips of Michael Jordan before or after a game, win or loss. Usually a win of course.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I took everything that Beach said as being very direct, very realistic, and also, very attainable.

Kyler does need to grow up. He needs to understand that his attitude at times isn't constructive.

For those using this to bash Kyler further, Beachum's correction of Tambo undermines a lot of the derision. Kyler has never been a total loss. He has tremendous ability. He still needs to grow some. That's what Beach is saying.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is easier said then done. Look at Fitzgerald, he was a lead by example guy but is that really leading? It is really just doing you and sharing how you go about your business. Leading at the QB spot is putting other player's needs above yours. You shift your game to help others. You spend extra time helping others. You listen to others. You communicate expectations. You hold others accountable because you care about their success.

Servant leadership isn't easy and some people aren't built for it.

Fitz wasn't always the role model either. Warner helped him a lot in that regard. Who can be that person for Kyler?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Some of you may disagree with this and think it old fashion or possibly culturally ignorant, but part of leading is appearance, dressing maturely like a successful adult with class. Someone Kyler respects needs to sit down with him and have a talk, then put him in a car or plane and take him to Rodeo Dr in Beverly Hills or the Phoenix equivalent. Teach him how to dress, and find him a professional hair stylist for God's sake.

When Kyler looks in the mirror, what does he see? When I look at him I see some young kid trying to fit into some hip hop culture of some kind. (Excuse my whiteness.) He looks like he has just been hanging out on the street corner all day. He certainly doesn't look like he feels himself, or others feel him, to be a CEO or Leader of anything.

Start conveying some class, dignity, and maturity in appearance: in your dress, the way you carry yourself, the way you speak, even the expression you wear on your face. Start looking like you have already won the Super Bowl, and that you are proud to be the leader of these men and this team.
Agree with this. When he is out in public he is representing the team and the franchise, and he should do so with a little more "polished" appearance. He dresses like a high school skateboarder

Last edited:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Just so unlikeable. He has no clue how everyone would rally around him if he wasn’t such a jackwagon. MO should be looking for his replacement at QB
Agreed. Im telling ya, they need to consider drafting his replacement not this year but next draft. He is a total loss and they arent going anywhere with him at starting QB

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Such a typical 40+ year old white man post.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Sissy, I don’t think this intentional but the gist of what you just wrote is murray needs to dress and talk more white. If you give it a lot of thought I think you’ll realize that.

He should wear a tie? Ties are the dumbest anachronism in attire in the world today. But because it’s accepted as white professional attire it’s viewed as “grown up.” We have to start thinking better than this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow, no one cares how anyone looks anymore. You sound as extreme in that way as I do the other. I do acknowledge that this is not my world any longer, I am anxious to leave it believe me. But I can't totally believe the impressions mean nothing at all to EVERYONE.

I don't think using Cuban as your example of what is right, acceptable, normal, or whatever is pointless. Why would any rich person care what others think of him or her? That is a great benefit of being filthy rich. In my day, it was Howard Hughes who was the Mark Cuban, and both dressed the bloody way they wanted.

And in response to your last thing, Yes you better not go there!
Kyler is rich. He’s a rich young black man. He’s wearing clothes that likely cost more than your whole wardrobe. Does he wear a cardinal jersey, cardinals pants, pads, and cardinal helmet at practice and on the field of play? Then he’s wearing his professional attire at work. What he wears at other times is not dictated by his employer. You want him to dress the way YOU think he should. I guarantee his fans that look like him, that emulate him, probably love the way he dresses. You should rethink this sissy. It’s not a good look.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just because he says some nice things too doesn’t mean this isnt a bad look. When a respected player literally comes out and has to say that your 5th year franchise QB who got resigned to a 1/4 billion dollar contract needs to basically mature and grow up it’s a bad look. Just call it what it is.
Eh, while I think kyler definitely needs to mature, what 25 year old doesn’t? I think the mature 25 year old is a rarity.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave