Kelly Oubre...

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i don't know why TJ has been out so long but my feeling is it's more than a physical injury
i think he knows he's destined to be traded and the Suns are OK with him sitting so they can develop the others and win a few less games

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Oubre will never have Marion's opportunistic scoring ability or insanely quick jump, but he's more sound fundamentally and looks a little longer to me, so he could end up being a more complete (if overall lesser) player.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i don't know why TJ has been out so long but my feeling is it's more than a physical injury
i think he knows he's destined to be traded and the Suns are OK with him sitting so they can develop the others and win a few less games
That makes no sense. The only thing that does is lessen his trade value.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Oubre will never have Marion's opportunistic scoring ability or insanely quick jump, but he's more sound fundamentally and looks a little longer to me, so he could end up being a more complete (if overall lesser) player.

It’s pretty hard to make an argument that he’s not part of the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect it will go like it recently did for the Bulls with Lavine. Someone will make Kelly a richer offer than most of us expect but in the end, we will overpay and match. And I think it's the right move.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you guys agree that Marion is a solid comp to use for Oubre? If so, what would Marion be worth?? Is it worth it to do everything possible to keep a Marion type player? I think so...
I don't. Actually, Trevor Ariza prime is probably where Oubre will be eventually. That is not a bad thing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't. Actually, Trevor Ariza prime is probably where Oubre will be eventually. That is not a bad thing.

I think Kelly is much more of an "alpha" out there than Ariza and even Marion. Style wise Kelly is probably more like Ariza but Trevor was always a complementary player and that doesn't appear to be Oubre's style.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think Kelly is much more of an "alpha" out there than Ariza and even Marion. Style wise Kelly is probably more like Ariza but Trevor was always a complementary player and that doesn't appear to be Oubre's style.

Which to me makes him more like a Marion type contributor than Ariza...

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nah. Still don't see Marion. Maybe a bit of Majerle in his "style" as Steve says.

Man do I see it differently. Majerle averaged 11 points and 4 rebs for his career... Marion averaged 15 pts and 9 boards, which is where I see Oubre.
And defensively, in terms of hustle and peskyness, I see more Marion and Majerle there as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man do I see it differently. Majerle averaged 11 points and 4 rebs for his career... Marion averaged 15 pts and 9 boards, which is where I see Oubre.
And defensively, in terms of hustle and peskyness, I see more Marion and Majerle there as well.
Oubre averages 3.7 rebounds for his career. He will never approach Marion’s rebounding #s

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Oubre averages 3.7 rebounds for his career. He will never approach Marion’s rebounding #s

I agree, but anyone who mentions Majerle as a better comp is remembering a much different Majerle from the one I remember. I mean you might as well compare Oubre to Rodney Rogers.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree, but anyone who mentions Majerle as a better comp is remembering a much different Majerle from the one I remember. I mean you might as well compare Oubre to Rodney Rogers.
I compared Oubre to prime Ariza. Then they said the demeanor is all wrong. My response was Majerle. I meant more in his enthusiasm for the game than individual stats. I just don't see Marion. If Oubre will never get to Majerles rebounding numbers its for darn sure he will never get to Marions.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I compared Oubre to prime Ariza. Then they said the demeanor is all wrong. My response was Majerle. I meant more in his enthusiasm for the game than individual stats. I just don't see Marion. If Oubre will never get to Majerles rebounding numbers its for darn sure he will never get to Marions.

He’s already at Majerle’s rebounding numbers. And with more consistent playing time, I can easily see Kelly surpassing Majerle’s 4 boards a game. My gut is that Oubre can avg 15 points and 7-8 boards a game. And with all his energy, that would be an amazing contribution!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bo Outlaw with a jump shot.

I would say that's a better comparison for PJ Tucker. Oubre seems like a forward version of Barbosa with Tucker's motor to me. Maybe just a mix of Tucker and Barbosa in general the more that I think about it. Barbosa never became the defender we'd hoped he would be but if he did then Oubre might fit that better, he's more of a PJ on defense than Barbosa. Oubre is similar in that he's not really a small forward or a power forward he is just a forward like Barbosa was a guard, he wasn't a shooting or point guard and wasn't like most combo guards either. Oubre isn't like most tweener forwards in the league today either like the Morrii, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon types. Most tweeners get that label because they're the size of one but play like the other while Oubre doesn't play like a SF or PF, he really is a mixture of the two.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
A shorter, lighter Shaq with an outside shot, better FT, less rebounding, fewer blocks, worse post up and better slashing ability....lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s already at Majerle’s rebounding numbers. And with more consistent playing time, I can easily see Kelly surpassing Majerle’s 4 boards a game. My gut is that Oubre can avg 15 points and 7-8 boards a game. And with all his energy, that would be an amazing contribution!
I’ll be pretty shocked if he ever averages 7-8 boards/game. I think he’ll max out at 5, and I don’t even think he’ll reach that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's difficult for me to compare Oubre to a former Suns player. Oubre is a glider who can bang.

Maybe he is a shorter version of Larry Nance.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
A non-psycho Morris brother. Without a demonic twin.

That we know of.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson