Keim's first 5 premium picks

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
What has Keim learned so far:

-Don't take OG early-dont let coaches alma mater dictate picks.
-Trading down is good
-Sometimes you need to trade up. Especially past the steelers.

He should have it all figured out next year..

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to grade Keim on who he could have taken, because 30 other teams missed on the player also--there's only one team who gets a player. You have to grade Keim based on how he does VS other GM's drafting players, from all other teams, and figure out his average VS those GM's. You'd have to compare rounds 1-7 VS those GM's for years, to even know if Keim was effective or not. Or you could just base it on wins. That's the only way to truly know if he's doing a good job.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
looks like we are seeing a staff that is reading their own press and buying too deeply into their system.

character guys and late round gems are nice...but at some point you need balls out raw ******** talent

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
looks like we are seeing a staff that is reading their own press and buying too deeply into their system.

character guys and late round gems are nice...but at some point you need balls out raw ******** talent

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Seems that some experts disagree with your view.NFL.COM experts give the Cards " A-" or better for ALL THREE PICKS.:)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Seems that some experts disagree with your view.NFL.COM experts give the Cards " A-" or better for ALL THREE PICKS.:)

Cards been winning the draft for years....would kinda like to see a 10 time pro bowler or something...a 15 sack guy? a 10 Interception guy?maybe even a 2000 yd guy........

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Cards been winning the draft for years....would kinda like to see a 10 time pro bowler or something...a 15 sack guy? a 10 Interception guy?maybe even a 2000 yd guy........

Who wouldn`t? I doubt Cards ever have a 10 time Pro-Bowler because of just being the Cards which are still a afterthought to many voters and media and are overshadowed by more visible players .A 15 sack guy?................Maybe since Simeon Rice.................A few have been close but? 2000 yards never happen with a team that leans passing game.

BBC machine

Reaction score
2013 NFL draft was a tough year for pretty much every team in the top 10. Kevin Minter pick hurts after seeing what kind of player Kiko turned out to be drafted right after him. The 2014 draft time will tell. Same with this draft. I would say jury still out but early returns aren't great.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Cooper
Minter
Buccanon
Niklas
Humphries

Ouch.
Really don't understand how you can draw that conclusion. The realistic picture:

Cooper - Looked great before getting injured, then stuggled to get back to football form. TBD, but dissapointment so far.
Minter - looks like a bust
Buccanon - Played out of position the entire year due to D-Wash's suspension, but showed flashes of being great.
Niklas - Injured, but looked solid in limited actions at the end of the season
Humphries- Hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. Many had him rated as the top OT in the draft. Shouldn't we let the guy play first? And evaluate him because of his play and not because you wanted another position in the first?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give me a break...

Cooper's looking regrettable, the others are either WAAAAAAY too soon to judge or actually looking pretty dang good (Deone).

And if you extend this one more round you've got Kiem drafting 2 absolute studs in John Brown and the Badger.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Give me a break...

Cooper's looking regrettable, the others are either WAAAAAAY too soon to judge or actually looking pretty dang good (Deone).

And if you extend this one more round you've got Kiem drafting 2 absolute studs in John Brown and the Badger.

It surely isn't too soon to judge minter, and he's NOT looking pretty good.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
The 2013 NFL draft was one of the worst in recent memory. Beating Kiem up over the Cooper and Minter picks is ridiculous. Yes, Cooper and Minter haven't performed well. Yes, you can find an Alonzo or Sheldon Richardson to make your case, but I can find about 50 other crappy picks in those rounds. That draft STUNK. At least Cooper and Minter have had injuries as an excuse. In Minter's case, he was behind two pro bowlers as a rookie, and played hurt all last year. Here is your Top 10 from that year:

Eric Fisher
Luke Joekel
Dion Jordan
Lane Johnson
Ziggy Ansah
Barkevious Mingo
Cooper
Tavon Austin
Dee Milliner
Chance Warmack

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Based on what we saw from Niklas last year, does ANYONe think he'd be a first-rounder in this draft?

I'm not sure he'd have been a second-day pick.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So what's the performance you expect from Niklaus each year to payoff for his 2nd round status?

I expect him to split time with Carlson early this comingseason and I expect him to be starting later in the season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I expect him to split time with Carlson early this comingseason and I expect him to be starting later in the season.

Carlson got benched late last year for Fells. It'll be a problem indeed it Niklas can't beat out a has-been and UDFA over the next seven months.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Carlson got benched late last year for Fells. It'll be a problem indeed it Niklas can't beat out a has-been and UDFA over the next seven months.

It`s pretty dumb to judge a player who had hernia surgery right before camp,then breaks his hand in camp and then gets a high ankle sprain in week 5 of the season.Do you really think Niklas was showing his true talent?I realize you and your cronies disliked the pick but give the kid a chance.This is also his 4th year playing TE.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It`s pretty dumb to judge a player who had hernia surgery right before camp,then breaks his hand in camp and then gets a high ankle sprain in week 5 of the season.Do you really think Niklas was showing his true talent?I realize you and your cronies disliked the pick but give the kid a chance.This is also his 4th year playing TE.
I don't think anybody hates Niklas as a potential player. The angst is over how early he was drafted when his number one skill was as a blocker.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think anybody hates Niklas as a potential player. The angst is over how early he was drafted when his number one skill was as a blocker.

After hearing Cards fans bitch for years about about not having a real TE and then hearing the crying BS when one was finally drafted is disgusting. :bang:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Catches yards TDs once he's starting the majority of the snaps? For a season please.