Keim is excited about his plan for the offseason

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I feel like we’re so bipolar sometimes.

BA has an equal share of the blame for the drafting during his tenure. Rightly or wrongly, his success allowed him to dictate the direction of a lot of our moves, which is why we didn’t draft a guy like Watson or move up for Mahomes. (Have we all forgotten about BA refusing to let Hump even sniff the field his rookie year?) I love the guy, he’s a great coach, but he’s got his warts. He loves his vets and he has little patience for rookies and younger players. Ask OJ Howard and Ronald Jones.

The non-BA drafts have looked solid to great thus far. Guys like Kirk, Cole, and Edmonds look like they have potential to be solid contributors. Even a guy like Korey Cunningham flashed and brought in a draft pick when he got caught up in a numbers game. Yeah, Rosen didn’t pan out. So far only one of the five QBs from the ‘18 draft looks like a franchise guy. You can put that on our scouting department, but heck, three-quarters of the league missed on Jackson like we did. Keim learned from that, looked at Murray’s film with an open mind, and went all-in. This year’s draft looks just as good if not better.

We all knew this was going to be a rebuilding year with the dead money and re-stocking the roster from the BA years and Wilks experiment. I’m all for giving Keim another chance to build the team. Let’s see what happens when the Cards aren’t handcuffed with the residue of former “win-now” decisions.

I think the first sentence here directly contradicts the rest of the paragraph. It's a defining offseason that will make or break this team for years to come. I'm not about to give Keim a "gee, you have one last shot" keys-to-the-castle year. Not in the least.

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
Obviously we may as well tank this season, get a top pick and trade it down for more picks is what I hope we do because we have so many wholes to fill...
We should have traded David Johnson and Patrick Peterson for more picks.
We need to have Suggs retire or have him for run plays only.
We need: Oline x3, Dline x3, A linebacker or two that can cover tight ends/Rb’s, a cornerback or two, a wr and a rb.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim's Cardinals have not been above .500 for one day since 2015.

Yeah, give that mad king Keim another two years with a top 5 pick and 80 million in cap space.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously we may as well tank this season, get a top pick and trade it down for more picks is what I hope we do because we have so many wholes to fill...
We should have traded David Johnson and Patrick Peterson for more picks.
We need to have Suggs retire or have him for run plays only.
We need: Oline x3, Dline x3, A linebacker or two that can cover tight ends/Rb’s, a cornerback or two, a wr and a rb.

The Cardinals are so bad they do not need to tank. I agree about some of the needs though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose