KDUS: Marcus Robinson Update

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to KDUS, Robinson will be in for a visit on Monday and will take his physical on Tuesday. The report claimed that Robinson sees the Cardinals as his "#1 option".

Take it for what it's worth. What's notable about this to me is that the Cardinals have NEVER had a free agent for a visit the week of the draft, much less sign one. They must be pretty serious about signing him.

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Is there any logic in even considering this guy?

Maybe there's money we need laundered?

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Maybe there's money we need laundered?

Ouch!

I know that he is favorite of Jerry Sullivan and Jerry Sullivan is a favorite of Martin.

I guess the question is if he has anything left in the tank. They worked him out last week and I am sure that they have the answer.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Robinson would be an awfully nice addition.How's that for an understatement?

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I really cannot for the life of me see the benefit of Tony Martin when Frank Sanders was still available. Now that Frankie is gone I pray that we sign Robinson instead of TM

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"If" Robinson is healthy I hope the Cards don't let him leave without a contract!! Was he Bears #1 before his injury or was it Marty Booker?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCityCarl
"If" Robinson is healthy I hope the Cards don't let him leave without a contract!! Was he Bears #1 before his injury or was it Marty Booker?

He was...actually his best season is the best season a Bears receiver has ever had.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I'm just tickled pink that Robinson wants to come here! It is very refreshing to see that...where have I seen that before...hmm...oh yeah...SUGGS!

sign Robinson, draft Suggs in the first round, take Rien Long in the 2nd round (if available), and then draft Calico in the 3rd...

Ah yes...life would be good...

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like something will happen quickly. Let's hope the Cards doctors have their "A" game Tuesday!

Cardinals | Robinson to Visit - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
16:27 PT: Cardinals Insider Mike Jurecki, of KDUS Sports Radio in Phoenix, reports the Arizona Cardinals will have free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) in for a workout on Monday and he’ll undergo a physical for the team on Tuesday. The Cardinals are at the top of Robinson’s list of teams to join since his release from Chicago and he’d like to have a new team before the NFL Draft later this month.

mdsisquo

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mark my words, we will sign him. Graves must prove to everyone that he has a plan and show us some results. Losing our top 3 WR's really hurt his rep with the fans. We will sign Robinson to a deal. We may overpay, but he is the Best WR on the market right now and would start out as our #1 WR. Not only does this help Graves and our WR unit, but it frees up other positions to draft instead of WR. Such as C, CB, DT yada yada yada.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Robinson would be huge, if he can stay healthy he is a top WR in this league.

seesred

Reaction score
I'm pretty pumped about Robimson coming in on Monday. If he is healthy and only if he is healthy we will sign him, I trust in Graves. He had seen this coming I'd bet on it.

GBR

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdsisquo
Mark my words, we will sign him. Graves must prove to everyone that he has a plan and show us some results. Losing our top 3 WR's really hurt his rep with the fans. We will sign Robinson to a deal. We may overpay, but he is the Best WR on the market right now and would start out as our #1 WR. Not only does this help Graves and our WR unit, but it frees up other positions to draft instead of WR. Such as C, CB, DT yada yada yada.

I agree I think we sign this guy!

I dont care what anyone says if this guy is 100% healthy he definately lessens the sting of losing Boston. He is a legitimate #1 WR when he is healthy. But that is the big question because he has missed so many games!

This is a great move if we can get him signed right away and it definately upgrades our WR corps!

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
It has been reported that Marcus Robinson has the Cardinals at the top of his list. When was the last time anyone has had that feeling?

I like it!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Why does everyone say sign Muhammed? He isn't even a free agent, is it rumored that he'll be a June 1st cut? Is that for sure?

It sure would be great to have Robinson signed. How about Germaine Crowell, I know he has been injured but I haven't even read about teams even showing interest in him. If we signed him for a couple 100K above the minimum--which is more than any other team has offered him(which from what I hear is zero), he could end up being a steal, and even if he got hurt he wouldn't hurt us much cap-wise.

AZ1766

Veteran
Reaction score
As I read it, he has been hurt 4 out of 5 years, with pretty serious injuries.
A huge risk if they have to overpay him......and I am sure he wants to come to Arizona, we don't have a #2 wide reciever and he probably believes he is a #1 WR and will want that kind of money....
Sooner or later, the Cardinals gambles just have to pay off!!!!!!!

pinnacle

Reaction score
Muhammed is a rumored june 1 cut....rumor of course - but the rumor has been reported a few places..FYI.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I like the Robinson pick-up if they can pull it off. I think he can be as good if not better than Boston. People always broght up Bostons off field problems, I didn't worry about that but that fact that I don't remember too many players coming back from an injury like he had and he wasn't playing well at all before the injury. They say he ran a very fast 40 but no one was hitting him or making him cut either. I like Marcus. GET HIM!!!

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zeno
Why does everyone say sign Muhammed? He isn't even a free agent, is it rumored that he'll be a June 1st cut? Is that for sure?

It sure would be great to have Robinson signed. How about Germaine Crowell, I know he has been injured but I haven't even read about teams even showing interest in him. If we signed him for a couple 100K above the minimum--which is more than any other team has offered him(which from what I hear is zero), he could end up being a steal, and even if he got hurt he wouldn't hurt us much cap-wise.

Wrong...He was released yesterday. If he were not released he could not visit on Monday.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZ1766
As I read it, he has been hurt 4 out of 5 years, with pretty serious injuries.
A huge risk if they have to overpay him......and I am sure he wants to come to Arizona, we don't have a #2 wide reciever and he probably believes he is a #1 WR and will want that kind of money....
Sooner or later, the Cardinals gambles just have to pay off!!!!!!!

I assume you are talking about Robinson and not Muhammad. Robinson missed 5 games in 2000 (started and played in the first 11) then he only played in 5 games (started 4) in 2001. He played in all 16 last year but was buried on the dpeth chart since the Bears have kind of moved on without him.

If you are talking about Muhammad (some here talk about his supposed injury proneness) he has started 72 out of a possible 80 games since 98 so I think we can safely say he hasn;t missed too much time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard