Karlos Dansby Update?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
totally agree - once healthy, there's no doubt that Dansby is better than ANYONE we have at LBer. When healthy, he's our 3rd best defensive player - period. Training camp, schmaining camp - this team needs it's best players on the field and once Dansby is up to speed he shouldn't take a back seat to anyone - the message on this team this year is WIN - if you're not good enough, take a seat on the bench.

Agreed but I am concerned because I've read a few times here that Dansby is noticeably smaller because of his lack of offseason workout due to the thumb injury. He was a bit small to begin with he'd bulk up every offseason and then drop the weight during the season, makes me wonder what his weight is at the moment?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
totally agree - once healthy, there's no doubt that Dansby is better than ANYONE we have at LBer. When healthy, he's our 3rd best defensive player - period. Training camp, schmaining camp - this team needs it's best players on the field and once Dansby is up to speed he shouldn't take a back seat to anyone - the message on this team this year is WIN - if you're not good enough, take a seat on the bench.

He won't take a backseat to anyone. He'd be moving to weakside LB, which is more of a playmaker position.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Agreed but I am concerned because I've read a few times here that Dansby is noticeably smaller because of his lack of offseason workout due to the thumb injury. He was a bit small to begin with he'd bulk up every offseason and then drop the weight during the season, makes me wonder what his weight is at the moment?

honestly, unless he dropped a TON of weight, it doesn't matter to me all that much. The guy is better blindfolded at LBer than anyone we have IMO. once healthy and playing again, I want him on the field, if only to have a guy who can play in coverage, which Dansby has been pretty damn good at and which none of our other LBers seem to be able to do at this point.

And, as we've seen, maybe this year Dansby won't wear down as much seeing as he's already had the first month of the football season off.

It just sucks that he's been injured - when healthy, the guy is a freakign stud and I hope he can get back to that form by the end of the first quarter of the season.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
honestly, unless he dropped a TON of weight, it doesn't matter to me all that much. The guy is better blindfolded at LBer than anyone we have IMO. once healthy and playing again, I want him on the field, if only to have a guy who can play in coverage, which Dansby has been pretty damn good at and which none of our other LBers seem to be able to do at this point.

And, as we've seen, maybe this year Dansby won't wear down as much seeing as he's already had the first month of the football season off.

It just sucks that he's been injured - when healthy, the guy is a freakign stud and I hope he can get back to that form by the end of the first quarter of the season.

Maybe if he is a lil' on the lighter side it will be easier on his big toe? Who knows?:shrug:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
Maybe if he is a lil' on the lighter side it will be easier on his big toe? Who knows?:shrug:

I guess my concern is that in college the big knock on Dansby is he was too small and too injury prone. He bulked up, but he still fell in part because of his bad interviews, and in part because people felt he was just inflated, he gained weight for the draft but wouldn't be able to maintain it any more than he could at Auburn. It actually seems that he HAS maintained most of his gains, remember he was a 190+ WR when he enrolled at Auburn, but if he's lost a lot of weight this offseason I'd be concerned.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Cardinals | Dansby injury update
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:30:50 -0700

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby (ankle) could return to practice next week, though is unlikely to play in the season opener.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
Cardinals | Dansby injury update
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:30:50 -0700

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby (ankle) could return to practice next week, though is unlikely to play in the season opener.

Ankle?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if dansby comes back pace should be a backup, him and huff are both better

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
BigRedRage said:
if dansby comes back pace should be a backup, him and huff are both better

I don't know dude. I'm all for the best players being on the field, but Pace gives us some much needed size up front.

If Dansby comes back smaller (in the 230lbs range), with Huff on the other side (236lbs) we are pretty light on the edges.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WildBB said:
No , even though he's displeased over his contract - turf toes take time to heal. They are painful and why not give it some extra rest so he can be available when it counts. It was a good decision on his part even though it irked Green.:hulk:

Have you ever seen Dansby's injury reported as "turf toe"? As far as i can tell, no doctor has ever diagnosed any legitimate injury to or ailment in Dansby's toe. As far as i can tell, it's a self-reported "sore toe" for which Dansby is using a quack treatment. As far as i can tell, the toe is not undergoing any kind of legitimate treatment by a doctor. If you've heard or read differently, please let me know!

...dave

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
daves said:
Have you ever seen Dansby's injury reported as "turf toe"? As far as i can tell, no doctor has ever diagnosed any legitimate injury to or ailment in Dansby's toe. As far as i can tell, it's a self-reported "sore toe" for which Dansby is using a quack treatment. As far as i can tell, the toe is not undergoing any kind of legitimate treatment by a doctor. If you've heard or read differently, please let me know!

...dave

It has been reported that he has some infection that is now affecting his leg.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I guess my concern is that in college the big knock on Dansby is he was too small and too injury prone. He bulked up, but he still fell in part because of his bad interviews, and in part because people felt he was just inflated, he gained weight for the draft but wouldn't be able to maintain it any more than he could at Auburn. It actually seems that he HAS maintained most of his gains, remember he was a 190+ WR when he enrolled at Auburn, but if he's lost a lot of weight this offseason I'd be concerned.

Yeah maybe at least maintaining his weight would perhaps help his durability, but then again if he is a little lighter would it be easier on his knees and toe? Maybe a damned if he does damned if he doesn't sort of thing?

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
Yeah maybe at least maintaining his weight would perhaps help his durability, but then again if he is a little lighter would it be easier on his knees and toe? Maybe a damned if he does damned if he doesn't sort of thing?

If that's the case lets make him our superstar Free Saftey and call it a day. Then Wolfley can write a story on a true FrankenDefense.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
He's fine as a rushing LB, but he's a liability in pass coverage

Oy vey....I remember he kept getting burned by tight ends in every single game. (Wait, that doesn't sound right.... :shock: )

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I'm really happy to hear that Dansby should be back soon. REALLY happy because we need him. Pace is a talented player, from what I saw from him at DE last year, and he's obviously impressing at LB because Green said he was the only one with a safe spot as a starter. I'd like our starters to be Pace, Hayes and Dansby with Huff and Darling also playing. They can give the other guys some rest and Darling was too close to Hayes in the position battle to be sat too much.