Karlos Dansby cut....

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ha, you're thinking there is a team in the NFL that would start Minter over Dansby?!?

Not saying I would do it, but the team is much, much higher on Minter than its fans are, and I wouldn't put it past the organization to think that way.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they do this: sign Dansby, pair him with Minter, and move Bucannon to SS where he belongs?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would just take one, the Cardinals, to feel that way for Dansby to for sure go elsewhere. I personally wouldn't agree, but my opinion means nothing to Keim and Arians.

Not saying I would do it, but the team is much, much higher on Minter than its fans are, and I wouldn't put it past the organization to think that way.

The problem with it is benching a long term ILB to rent a guy for one year. Minter would likely want nothing to do with us after that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are u going to be sad for this scenario?

if he is in your long term plans at ILB, it is a bad move. That is all. I mean we have an underperforming ILB and a SS converted. The ILB situation is pretty thin. You lose Minter and Dansby after this year and you are in trouble.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if he is in your long term plans at ILB, it is a bad move. That is all. I mean we have an underperforming ILB and a SS converted. The ILB situation is pretty thin. You lose Minter and Dansby after this year and you are in trouble.

Cause u Think we cant find nothing better then Minter?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

exactly...Minter is just a guy, Dansby, even at his advanced age is a much better player.

The Kevin Minters of the world are a dime a dozen.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The problem with it is benching a long term ILB to rent a guy for one year. Minter would likely want nothing to do with us after that.

Minter is entering a contract year. Is there anything he's done that makes you think he's worthy of an extension? His production is exactly the kind of thing that can be replaced by a mid-round pick.

He's the first man out of the base defense.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Minter is entering a contract year. Is there anything he's done that makes you think he's worthy of an extension? His production is exactly the kind of thing that can be replaced by a mid-round pick.

He's the first man out of the base defense.

You could get something better, could get something worse. The team seems like they want to keep Minter, I'm not saying hes my top choice. Just saying if the team wants Minter here long term, bringing in dansby would ruin it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You could get something better, could get something worse. The team seems like they want to keep Minter, I'm not saying hes my top choice. Just saying if the team wants Minter here long term, bringing in dansby would ruin it.

I actually don't think this is true. There are probably a half-dozen players on the roster (or more) who are ahead of Minter for a contract extension. I know that TJ thinks that the team is high on Minter, but I haven't seen much to say that's true besides effusive praise from Wolfley.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don't think this is true. There are probably a half-dozen players on the roster (or more) who are ahead of Minter for a contract extension. I know that TJ thinks that the team is high on Minter, but I haven't seen much to say that's true besides effusive praise from Wolfley.

if we dont sign dansby and do not draft any ILB, that writing will be on the wall as to wanting to keep him IMO

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It looks like Dansby is coming in for a visit on Fri.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Dansby is coming in for a visit on Fri.
?

You must be registered for see images

I don't see a single thing online reporting he is visiting here or that we have even contacted him

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
?

You must be registered for see images

I don't see a single thing online reporting he is visiting here or that we have even contacted him

Just heard it from Gambo on the radio. Said Seattle would like to sign him too
but they have no cap space.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just heard it from Gambo on the radio. Said Seattle would like to sign him too
but they have no cap space.
Weird. Nothing from him or anyone else on Twitter

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Keim is on record stating he is unsure if Dansby has anything left in his "old legs".... a bargaining ploy perhaps...pretty sure Los can still play if he is motivated to do so.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oops. My mistake. He has a visit somewhere for Fri. I thought Gambo said it was here. Sorry

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From jurecki: Dansby told me yesterday the Cardinals haven't reached out, and mentioned that the Seahawks have shown some interest. @bigredrageASFN

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92