Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was great

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Words well spoken and thoughtful. Kyler does get it.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a dumb dumb. ;)

Great work by the young stud! Give and you shall receive. Similar to the story of another semi popular wr guy on our team. :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember when people were worried about this kid because of his dad...

He is amazing.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Nice piece. Yes support to the community is essential. For those to whom much is given much is expected. Give generously, even from need through faith.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Wise beyond his years. His words show a maturity and self-reflection that you usually don't see in kids his age. Hard to believe that he's the same guy that was so camera shy and mono-syllabic at his first interview with the Cards.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wise beyond his years. His words show a maturity and self-reflection that you usually don't see in kids his age. Hard to believe that he's the same guy that was so camera shy and mono-syllabic at his first interview with the Cards.
I'll agree, he's gotten better at being a little more outspoken and comfortable in front of the camera. That had been one of my major worries, but that fear's been all but allayed.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It fits exactly with what the guy I met in Vegas who is close to Kyler told me. That Kyler is incredibly mature and of high character

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's really good to hear

I haven't said who it was but I was sitting at the Twin Peaks on the Las Vegas strip watching the Cardinals and the scenery in my Kyler Murray jersey. All the girls kept coming up to the guy next to me.

They all clearly know who he is and are asking why he is there.

Eventually he leans over and says "You are a Kyler Murray fan huh? So you were happy that the Cardinals drafted him? I had heard a lot of Cardinals fans weren't happy"

So I tell him that a lot of fans wanted to stay with Rosen and he just nods quietly. I tell him I am a big fan though and I was happy we got him. I just wish he would run more or go deep more rather than throw it horizontally all the time.

That's when he tells me that Kingsbury is holding Murray back from doing all that stuff and Kyler wants to run more and go deep more. Kingsbury wants to limit Murray's risk and be more of a game manager. So I will get the real Kyler Murray next year but this year its going to be in really small doses with a conservative game plan.

So I am super skeptical and I say "Where have you heard that from? You have a source?"

And he smiles and shows me his phone and it's a picture of a young woman and Kyler Murray.

He says Kyler would never say it publicly though because that is the kind of person he is. He doesn't do social media, never parties, won't question the coach, respects the vets, just world class maturity everywhere. His source though is Kyler himself. He talks with him regularly since he is with his daughter.

He says Arizona is so lucky because they got a man that he would be proud for his daughter to marry. He shows me a couple more pictures.

So I am trying to process this all and then the manager comes over and calls the guy sir and talks some business.

Turns out the guy is one of the VPs of the Restaurant group that owns all the Twin Peaks. He helps set up all the franchisees, which is why everyone knows him. Guy isn't worried about money for sure so he isn't seeing Kyler the QB but Kyler the man.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"The gift is the platform to make a difference in the world."

just went from really liking this kid to loving him. Great piece.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
That's when he tells me that Kingsbury is holding Murray back from doing all that stuff and Kyler wants to run more and go deep more. Kingsbury wants to limit Murray's risk and be more of a game manager. So I will get the real Kyler Murray next year but this year its going to be in really small doses with a conservative game plan.

interesting. Its a patient view by KK, and suggests building something long term is more important than immediately demonstrating to the NFL what a genius he is

KK could easily have gone bombs away with K1, maybe shown more big plays, but also gotten K1 hurt or into bad habits.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson