K1 in the Players Tribune

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't said who it was but I was sitting at the Twin Peaks on the Las Vegas strip watching the Cardinals and the scenery in my Kyler Murray jersey. All the girls kept coming up to the guy next to me.

They all clearly know who he is and are asking why he is there.

Eventually he leans over and says "You are a Kyler Murray fan huh? So you were happy that the Cardinals drafted him? I had heard a lot of Cardinals fans weren't happy"

So I tell him that a lot of fans wanted to stay with Rosen and he just nods quietly. I tell him I am a big fan though and I was happy we got him. I just wish he would run more or go deep more rather than throw it horizontally all the time.

That's when he tells me that Kingsbury is holding Murray back from doing all that stuff and Kyler wants to run more and go deep more. Kingsbury wants to limit Murray's risk and be more of a game manager. So I will get the real Kyler Murray next year but this year its going to be in really small doses with a conservative game plan.

So I am super skeptical and I say "Where have you heard that from? You have a source?"

And he smiles and shows me his phone and it's a picture of a young woman and Kyler Murray.

He says Kyler would never say it publicly though because that is the kind of person he is. He doesn't do social media, never parties, won't question the coach, respects the vets, just world class maturity everywhere. His source though is Kyler himself. He talks with him regularly since he is with his daughter.

He says Arizona is so lucky because they got a man that he would be proud for his daughter to marry. He shows me a couple more pictures.

So I am trying to process this all and then the manager comes over and calls the guy sir and talks some business.

Turns out the guy is one of the VPs of the Restaurant group that owns all the Twin Peaks. He helps set up all the franchisees, which is why everyone knows him. Guy isn't worried about money for sure so he isn't seeing Kyler the QB but Kyler the man.
Thanks for posting.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Larry - “Hey Kyler, what do you think? Do you want me to change anything?”

Kyler - “Looks great Fitz”

Just kidding. That was a really great read and he opened himself up for the first time that I can recall. Seems like a great kid with good perspective.