Jungle Book (live action)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
My wife and I saw it at a7:30pm Saturday night showing. We are both Disney fans and loved it as did the rest of the audience. However, we saw about 5 young children crying because of the intensity of parts of the movie.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just saw it today, the kids loved it and I thought it was good. Have to give John Favreau credit for his clever use of the Cowbell when introducing a BIG character. I won't spoil it, but I'm sure many will pick it up.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just saw it today, the kids loved it and I thought it was good. Have to give John Favreau credit for his clever use of the Cowbell when introducing a BIG character. I won't spoil it, but I'm sure many will pick it up.

Did King Louie need more cowbell?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really good movie. The family loved it. Once again they nailed a big screen live version of one of their classics. I will say though if you have a little one like I did, there are a couple scenes that are pretty intense.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Was there alot of fighting? Did any animals die from the fights?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
most of the best efforts Disney has produced have had some stuff thatll put fear into the smaller kids.

Yeah....they are a far cry from the Disney that was scared away back in the 80's...when there was so much public outcry over black hole being so dark in nature.
It seems "Disney Films" has stepped into their big boy pants and joined the trend of "Go dark, or go home"......

I for one.... really hope they do not forget their roots.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was there alot of fighting? Did any animals die from the fights?

Yes but nothing graphic. It was more some scenes were really intense to the point that my little one covered her eyes because she was scared. Also, there was one jump scare that almost had her in tears. The rest she loved.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wasn't bad. Worth the matinee admission. Absolutely incredible animation. Like, now I'm afraid live acting in movies will end up becoming a thing of the past incredible.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't bad. Worth the matinee admission. Absolutely incredible animation. Like, now I'm afraid live acting in movies will end up becoming a thing of the past incredible.
Nice, I gotta see this in theaters

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The days of not being able to make realistic looking animals is over. This movie did a fantastic job.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes but nothing graphic. It was more some scenes were really intense to the point that my little one covered her eyes because she was scared. Also, there was one jump scare that almost had her in tears. The rest she loved.

Animals die?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the cartoon version of the Jungle Book. So I wasn't that excited to see this one.

However I must say this version blew me away! Absolutely Stunning! They really brought this story to life! Amazing Cinematography!

My kids (9 and 11) thought it was OK. Not their favorite but not bad for them.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with most folks here. The snake scared the crap out of my 8 year old grandson (from the trailer), so he refused to go.

Definitely a 4+ star movie.

My only complaint was that in a few places, things looked just a smidgen choppy. At first, I just thought I was just having a stroke, but my wife noticed it, too.