Julius Randle

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know about that. Randle has higher floor but lower ceiling. I am certain there are quite a few teams that would be happy with Randle over Bender. I like Bender's potential, and the Suns need to take risks, so I prefer Bender, but if I was a GM for a winning team, I would certainly take Randle over Bender, assuming all other things are equal.

I like Randle a lot actually but he is what he is. I really thought he would be much more agressive down low when he was coming out but he hasn't really. I'd take him anyday but not for Bender.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Whenever I watch Laker games he seems to put him good numbers without displaying much skill. He's a battering ram type player but he will always have a spot in the league.

Sucks that the Lakers stole Kuzma in the late -1st.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Another huge game for Randle. If you watch him play, it's pretty clear that this "low ceiling" talk is nonsense.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Should of could of. I like the Reed pick, its the first pick I'm wondering about. I know Bell would be a Sun if J.J was not picked.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know the Suns liked Reed but they should have gone after Bell with their first 2nd rounder. Reed may have still been there for their second pick. It's not like they weren't thinking PF since they selected Peters.

Hopefully Reed looks as good as he did in Summer League though and gives the team no reason to second guess taking him instead of Bell when they did. Bell was a Junior, so it's not like he was more of a project than either Reed or Peters, who were both Seniors.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really liked Bell and wanted him. If we had taken Fox we might have taken Bell.

If we had taken Tatum, I cannot imagine would have taken Bell. But we have so many young players that we might not even know what Bell has if we had taken him. Golden State is in an ideal situation to develop young talent along side vets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm a bit old fashion but I like bigs over smalls given similar talent.

Wish the Suns had drafted Bell as Bender and Chriss were unproven.

However, I hope it works out well with Reed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is on the trade block.

I don't know why they would trade Clarkson unless he wants out? He's been perfect off the bench for them he's played the scorer 6th man role really well. he's not a PG and maybe that's his issue he wants to start and sees Lonzo is in place there but I get the impression it's more because they think he has trade value.

Nance is a decent player but he's just not good enough offensively, with the emergence of Kuzma he's now expendable.

I am not by any means a Lakers fan but I watch a fair amount of them now because of Lonzo, Randle is very inconsistent he's either good or not good.He seems like one of those guys who on a good team would either be a solid role player, or be exposed as a guy who only puts up stats on bad teams. Impossible to know which until he goes to a good team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What happens to Randle? I guess he has a player option for year two of his contract.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread. Sign and trade Randall for TJ. TJ would be a fit alongside Zion, now that TJ can shoot the three.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn