Journeyman

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the (second-hand) scoop: Journeyman is almost assuredly changing nights, we just don't know when. Probably sooner than later, and Medium is most likely to be the replacement in that time slot. We're speculating here, but we think it could be Wednesday as soon as Biggest Loser finishes it's season. The demographics match up best with Journeyman and Law & Order: SVU. They would just need to find a 7 pm prime-time opener.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the (second-hand) scoop: Journeyman is almost assuredly changing nights, we just don't know when. Probably sooner than later, and Medium is most likely to be the replacement in that time slot. We're speculating here, but we think it could be Wednesday as soon as Biggest Loser finishes it's season. The demographics match up best with Journeyman and Law & Order: SVU. They would just need to find a 7 pm prime-time opener.

Hmm, nailed me then. I watch both shows. I love SVU.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, nailed me then. I watch both shows. I love SVU.

The other option is Saturday, where NBC runs re-runs of Chuck, Bionic Woman, and SVU. Pray it doesn't go there, though. That would mean they have no hope for the show.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
News at other networks aren't so cheery, most notably the rather enjoyable "Journeyman" over at NBC is looking unlikely to air beyond the eleventh episode reports Premium Hollywood.

Rubbing salt in the wound is that the eleventh is the first of a two-parter. The second part twelfth episode is the last one shot and has been crafted to serve as a season (or series) finale - but the network may not even air it.

i would be very pissed if NBC decided to bury the finale. if they do air it though at least it looks like there may be some sort of closure.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if many of you read my blog, but I've really been following this stuff with the strike and Journeyman, etc...might be worth checking out.

Havne't been posting here as much, mostly posting this kind of stuff over there.

Reaction score
I LOVED it! (Way better than the Heroes episode!) I'm so sick of liking the new shows that get cancelled! I'm still holding out hope...

Wasn't that scene with Liv and Jack awesome!?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Journeyman pulled a 6 share locally. It came in third, behind Fox News. I believe that 6 share is actually a stronger number than most markets. It's like a jagged cliff of an audience from Heroes to Journeyman. Numbers increased to about a 50 percent drop off from Heroes to Journeyman. Looks like people jump from Heroes to CSI: Miami.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Journeyman's done. Life's airing in it's place next Monday (why they waited until after sweeps is beyond me). Medium is due for a mid-season pickup, but I *think* they were holding it to replace Sunday Night football in January. Episode 11 of Journeyman is scheduled for Dec. 10. Episode 12, which is the conclusion to Episode 11, is ... up in the air. Right now my best guess is it will be buried in the sea of special programming during New Year's week.

I'm told this project is really a victim of the writer's strike. The network liked the show and may have tried to foster it if there were more episodes to feed into another time slot. But since that's not happening, they're not going to try and salvage it, and instead will feed it to the heap.

I'm sad. Very sad.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news! Journeyman was picked up for next season! Boss just told me.

Guess they're going to try again in a new time slot next year. Probably will undergo some creative changes, though. We'll see.

Ep. 12 ... maybe to air in Jan. We'll get some kind of conclusion to this season, i think.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news! Journeyman was picked up for next season! Boss just told me.

Guess they're going to try again in a new time slot next year. Probably will undergo some creative changes, though. We'll see.

Ep. 12 ... maybe to air in Jan. We'll get some kind of conclusion to this season, i think.

Dude, where do you get your info?

The 12th is airing in a few weeks:

http://www.amikelife.com/2007/11/fans-get-nbc-to-air-journeymans-12th-episode/

It's not been renewed...who is your boss? :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gah!

OK. I just went back and asked her and she was saying "Journeyman" and meaning "Life."

Apologies for passing on bad info.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gah!

OK. I just went back and asked her and she was saying "Journeyman" and meaning "Life."

Apologies for passing on bad info.

you should go back tell her she was wrong again though. This year's FULL season was picked up, as in 9 more episodes were ordered.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show must go on. It's my favorite new show.

I have eps left on my DVR of every show I'm watching, including Heroes. But we've watched all the Journeyman eps.

It gets better each week....Jack and Liv in the elevator was awesome. What happened with the FBI agent was kind of surprising...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Its amazing to me shows like this struggle but shows like Dancing With The Stars, Desperate Housewives, Deal or No Deal and Kid Nation get good enough ratings to survive.

Journeyman is smart, interesting and has some very cool characters.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its amazing to me shows like this struggle but shows like Dancing With The Stars, Desperate Housewives, Deal or No Deal and Kid Nation get good enough ratings to survive.

Journeyman's bigger concern is CSI Miami. You could almost see bread crumbs trailed from the end of Heroes to the beginning of CSI Miami. That's where NBC's audience was leaving. Started out at about 35 percent drop in audience from end of Heroes to beginning of Journeyman and increased to nearly 50 percent by the end of sweeps.

When Sting left the Police and went solo, he hired some of the best jazz sidemen in the world for his new band. He was asked if there was anything he could teach them. He said, "In jazz, you have time to build a solo. You start slowly and take your time to build. In pop and rock, you have to cook from the first downbeat."

That's the lesson I think Journeyman writers didn't understand. A news lead-in show doesn't have five shows to develop characters.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How did you get Housewives tossed in there with that other drek?

DH is a pretty good show.

Reaction score
I liked last night's episode - again - I don't think there is one that I haven't liked.

Was this the one that was supposed to have the "cliffhanger?" and if so what was it - Livia getting engaged or was it Theresa being pregnant? or both?